Whole Hog - Version 1.5.1 (Bugfix) Update (PC and Mac) Now on Patreon! Version 1.4.2 now linked here for free!

This has happened to me as well but mostly only when skipping through dialog too fast, both with skip option or manual clicking. Could this be what’s causing your issue as well?

Maybe i try going slow and see if that works.

Hey All!

Just a quick dev log:

• All full scenes from the “Video Game Win” scenario have been rendered (22 total)
  • More “hiking” activity full scenes have been posed

I was also messing around with lighting and have a few test images. The character in the office is the new “upgraded” version of the assistant, Shelly. I am planning on expanding on her role in the upcoming update. Cindy is also getting a new model not featured here.

The second image of Shelly 2.0 was rendered using a denoiser, it makes the image a bit blurry, I was trying to reduce some of the graininess of the images, but I think that may just be my graphics card.

Here I was messing around with HDRI lighting and a new hairstyle for the main character:

It’s not technically a spoiler, more just a one off image, but better to blur than be sorry!

That’s all for now!
HH

19 Likes

Now all you need is to give the sectary HI heals and a skirt and its good to go in my books lol.
(Im just joking around.)
Besides that looks great!

1 Like

Hehe I see big things for her in the future

2 Likes

This looks awesome, good luck on finishing the update,
Sending chill and warm vibes to ya

3 Likes

Progress Report:

I had some unexpected extra render time over the last two weeks. I was able to render all the rest of the 53 “office” scenes. So now we are on to rendering the “hiking” activity scenes, I’m planning on 25 - 30 total for that activity, about 5 scenes for every weight stage.

Meanwhile I have been puttering around with the code to restructure the “work” activity. It’s by no means elegant, but it gets the job done. I have also spent a chunk of time breaking the “main” script into smaller scripts. This makes it easier to edit certain passages of code.

Pictured here are two (so as not to spoil too much) of the “office” scenes which will activate the first time you go to see Danielle at work when she hits a new weight stage. When you return after the initial visit you will still interact with her, but it’ll be the sprite format. Each encounter has two pathways as has been the MO so far.

So to sum up, progress is being made! One more major render session, a few re-renders, then it’ll be all coding! No ETA as of this time, but I hope to have a good guess by the next devlog or two.

Thank you for the support and your patience.

Hope 2023 is going great for you all so far!

HH

23 Likes

Hi newbie here I was wondering if you could make it for android users to

@sophron_johnson - I can certainly try! I’d have no idea how it would perform though and my trouble shooting abilities are limited at best. But I can try and get then done for at least the next update!

In other news:

• The “hiking” full scenes are about 85% rendered. I had to go back and re-render about ten of them.

• I’ve started entering some coding in the spare time my laptop is not busy rendering.

• I’ve posted some of the hiking images on Patreon as a kind of sample of what they’ll look like.

• As with most things I do, the idea grew, it was going to be 5 full scene renders for “hiking” per weight stage. The last couple of stages are 08 - 10 scenes. (It’ll be worth it, I hope.)

• I still have some work to do on cleaning up a few other things

All said and done, progress is being made.

Hope things are going well for you, wherever/whenever this finds you!

In the meantime I’ll keep grinding!

• HH

This is a test image to give you a feel for what the hiking activity will look like.

22 Likes

This pic, looks like Alice in The Weighting Game from TT. (?)

it similar background but idk what you talkin about the character tho

Sorry, you’re right, very similar.

1 Like

keep up great work WholeHog will be looking forward of buying the new update

@Fredhj Hi! The environment I used for this part of the hiking render is called Mountain View from the Daz3d site. I try as best as I can to differentiate the images and gameplay. If the images are deemed too similar I will of course choose a new background and re-render the images.

I’m certainly not trying to step on anyone’s toes or infringe on anyone’s game.

@Pro_Master Glad to hear you’re excited! I have no concrete release date yet, it’ll probably be another couple months at least.

6 Likes

There’s no background that looks like that in @tiggertoo’s game. The park has long overgrown grass. The picnic event takes places in a forest type backdrop. I assume Danielle being in active/sports ware and being in a green area is what seemed similar(?), but even so with daz assets being finite. There’s always a chance there will be overlapping assets between games.

4 Likes

I really love this outfit! And is that a new body size? She looks great! I’m excited for this update :grin:

Yeah I can see why someone might get confused by the athletic gear in a greenery setting (especially if they haven’t played The Weighting Game in a while), but this is a nature/hiking scene while those were park scenes, so pretty clearly different and no reason to change.

2 Likes

They’re a little similar in context to some of my images, but so what? I hardly hold the monopoly on pics of girls wearing exercise gear in an outdoors setting and I certainly wouldn’t consider that @wholehog919 has copied anything I’ve done.

I think the confusion may have arisen from the fact that Alice does wear a similar looking outfit when she gets a bit bigger (see below), albeit a different colour, and that I’ve also used the same outfit for Sarah (also below) in one of her gym scenes.

We’re going to see this more and more often with Daz visuals, I think. As @Krodmandoon rightly says, there are only a certain amount of assets out there, and when you’re a greedy bugger like I am and have used so many of them, it’s inevitable that there’s going to be a bit of duplication/overlap.

15 Likes

@tiggertoo @Krodmandoon @jcc309
Yeah, I try to vary it as much as possible, but like you all said there are only a finite amount of Daz assets. As I mentioned before I certainly wasnt trying to copy anything. My primary thought when purchasing Daz assets is it on sale, followed closely by has this been used before.

And again I’d be more than happy to re-render anything that seems too familiar. Like I said before, I’m not trying to step on anyone’s toes. There is a nice community here and I certainly don’t want to upset that.

Thanks all,
HH

8 Likes

Similar outfits - doesn’t matter in the least! Sports outfits irl could have been bought from the same store. Alice, Danielle, Sarah - all lovely creations! Looking forward to more of all of them.
Thanks to TT and HH!

2 Likes