Whole Hog - Version 1.5.1 (Bugfix) Update (PC and Mac) Now on Patreon! Version 1.4.2 now linked here for free!

No problem at all!

Someone suggested uploading a save file as a way around that glitch. Is it still happening with the downloaded save?

HH

1 Like

Unfortunately yes, the loop is still around.

By the way I just wanted to say that I enjoy your game. Im looking forward to next updates! Keep the great work.

2 Likes

Hmm, unfortunately I am at a loss. The only thing I can think of then is starting the game from the beginning. I’ll try and find a way of preventing this in the future!

@dzema123 Thanks I appreciate it!

-HH

1 Like

Holy buckets!

I didn’t mean to go two weeks without an update.

Progress continues, I’ve rendered 24 sprites for the new gaming activity (6 sprites at 4 stages currently) and two full scenes for each stage.

Here are some of the sprites:

(I’mma fix that eye before the next version is released.)

I have a poll up on Patreon about starting a new save file. While coding the new game activity I ran into a snag. I can’t seem to make things function the way I want without introducing a new variable. The catch with this is that Ren’py won’t recognize any current saves, so everyone would have to start the game from the beginning.

What I’m trying to do with this activity is similar with some of the others. It will have one “intro” scene, then it will have repeat scenes that vary, kind of like the bar activity.

If I don’t introduce a new variable it will basically just be the repeated scenes with no intro scene.

I made the poll to see how people would feel about starting a new save. As the poll goes on I will continue writing and coding other parts of the game.

Thanks all and hope 2022 is starting off great!
HH

10 Likes

So you can get around the save loop by loading the save from a previous version. So if you make a save from 1.1 you can bypass the loop no problem. Play the game til the end of 1.1 then save and start 1.2 and load the save you had from 1.1

1 Like

That’s good to know, thank you!

Praise the Gainer Gamer!

9 Likes

That is high praise, I will endeavor to live up to it!

No worries, nobody expects save compatibility. I mean unless you make them VERY stretchy there’s no way Danielle is going to fit into them, right?

The only important thing is that she gets fatter… so what are you doing here, go feed her! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Yeah save game compatibility early on in a project like this is not something you should worry about at all, maybe a year from when releasing hotfix 1.91b you should strive to make it save game compatible with 1.91a :-p

But now? Nah, just add whatever content you want, restarting the game isn’t a big deal, people can pretty rapidly use the skip feature to get back to where ever they were.

5 Likes

I tried that but it still doesn’t worked. Can’t progress past that scene to see any fo the new content. Any other advice?

After some experimentation with the provided save on the patreon I’ve realized something about the Lumberjack scene causes an infinite loop in any of the dinner scenes that follow it. As well as it just repeats itself endlessly. Deleted all saves and started in 1.1, used the patreon save. It’s something about that scene.

2 Likes

Greetings!

In a previous post, I estimated end of Feb beginning of March for the next version. I am afraid this update will take a little longer. The reason being twofold:

• COVID isolations have started interrupting my home life. I live with multiple people who have had to isolate repeatedly over the last few weeks. This makes working on the game difficult as they don’t know about my preferences or that I work on this game. Luckily no one was seriously sick, but it did slow me down. This did however, give me time to think about and expand upon the next reveal scene. This leads to reason two.

• The next “weight reveal” scene is lengthy. It will easily be double any one of the previous scenes. I am doing this mainly with full image renders and not sprites because a) it looks better, b) it gives the opportunity for one off “emotion” looks on Danielle and c) it gives the scene a better feel overall, lends more weight to it if you will.

This means I’ll have to push back my original estimate by about two weeks to mid March-ish, possibly around the 15th - 18th. This is the first time of my short tenure I’ve had to push a date back.

I don’t like it.

With that said, interruptions in development should be minimal moving forward as things seem to be calming own in my personal bubble COVID wise.

I’ll post some semi-spoilery images of the next reveal scene on Patreon, most likely tomorrow. Nothing too spoilery, but it will show off Danielle’s look for the majority of the scene. Mainly to tease a little of what’s coming next but also to show that I haven’t been completely idle.

Sorry for having to do this, but I think it will make the next update better overall.

• HH
11 Likes

No worries! Thanks for checking in, it’s far better to know you’re still intent on working on it than just wondering if you’ve given up or… idk died?

2 Likes

I am still very intent on finishing this game, I dare say nothing will make me give it up. Besides dying that is lol. With that being said I am very much alive! Progress continues, just with a small delay.

But that did let me plan out a more lengthy reveal scene, this one will have 38+ full renders split among two routes. As has become the usual for these, there is a pre-date, date, and post-date part.
HH

5 Likes

Played through the game 4 times using various combinations of the versions and no luck. Still get stuck on the Lumberjack scene endlessly repeating.

I’m sorry to hear that, I truly have no idea how to fix it. I could maybe DM you a save file for after that scene?

After playing 1.1 I found that the UI could use a overhaul and the day’s sequence could use some more tweaking

The UI is located at a bit of awkward locations and require a bit too many sub menus to get to what you want, this is only at the player’s home as you need to click a button to enter your home despite the scene showing that your already in the apartment, then you have to hit two button to get to the kitchen and then a few more to cook. I never bothered clicking on the bedroom button as you get teleport there once you complete two task

The day sequence was more of if you hit skip to speed threw seen text could cause you to skip several days if nothing happens that requires a player choice or a new scene, I know its not your fault but having a stop gate at each morning to actually make it seem like the player has the choice to go to work other then it happening automatically would be nice, also the weekends get skipped because there’s no work those days and the game just skips them until a new week starts

Another suggestion is labelling what day of the week it actually is might be nice

otherwise a nice start and looking forward to further development

delete your game files and download 1.2 - after that overwrite all previous saves you made with the new one.

I’ve deleted all and started fresh. Even downloaded the provided save file on the patreon. Nothing fixes it.