Worshippers of the Gain (Demo/Itch.io/Steam))

yeah that is something I would like to know but on the opposite end I prefer playing anthros over human if its a option. though I am not 100% furry. I like the art and stuff but don’t dress up

1 Like

Good question!

From the start, the protagonist has been written to never mention if they’re human, furry, or otherwise. This was on purpose, since I feel that a bit of ambiguity can help the players’ imaginations.

The intention, however, is to have a vote somewhere down the line that will decide if the player is human or anthro, since ambiguity becomes null once there’s artwork depicting scenes, and I’m unsatisfied with other ideas like having a less detailed “YCH”-style player.

That said, furries are my jam and I’m personally rooting for a furry protagonist. :shushing_face:

8 Likes

so after playing I see that eating takes energy. personaly I would say eating would give energy.

1 Like

Yeah, that does make more sense. Expect it to be changed in the next update. Cheers.

one idea I just had. a stat system. aka strength speed and endurance. just becuase the player gains weight doesn’t mean any muscles they had under goes away. or isn’t gained when they work out.
strength would just affect how the weight they have affects them higher strength the more weight they can have before is cuases problems. (is terms of ability of course) speed is just how much energy is used in travel. and endurance is base max energy

1 Like

There were plans for additional stats earlier in development, but it turned out to be a major barrier in making new content .There are already a ton of variants for various scenes based on weight, popularity, energy, etc, and I’d rather focus on making new content than generating more variant scenes. That said, additional stats and details may be something I look at in the future once the main beginning-middle-end of the game is complete.

7 Likes

Update in January?? Man, I’m excited! :smiley:

Please keep us posted :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Happy holidays and a very Merry Christmas to you all :christmas_tree:

Will do!

4 Likes

Merry Christmas, and a very fattening New Year!

3 Likes

Howdy, Gainers.

The Patreon’s being verified at the moment. January update is looking like it’ll be about the 5th or 6th, since there’s a few extra touches I want to add.

Cheers.

7 Likes

Howdy, Gainers.

Here’s a little list of things coming with the January build, for people that don’t follow the Trello:

• Gym rework. I went overboard and it’s got a ton of new content, work-out failure scenes, multiple sex scenes (with weight variants), and three bad-ends in total. It went from the smallest location to the largest in the game. Oops.
  • First NPC artwork, The taxi driver, ingame.
  • Room service, 3 different food options with a unique nsfw scene that branches based on player choice.
  • Progression is now way less tedious. New locations unlock every 2 ingame days.
  • Career system replaced with starter bonuses/locations so players can sprint to content they prefer.
  • The blog system is dead, popularity is on a per-character basis, and you gain/lose popularity by talking with most NPCs.
  • Lots of additional misc stuff I’ll include with the proper patch-notes when they’re done.

Also! The Patreon’s verified now, but since it’s set to charge “per-update” I’d rather deliver the next update before I put it live.

Cheers & Happy New Year :smiley:

13 Likes

The blog system is dead
Sounds very brutal :stuck_out_tongue:
Happy New Year to you too :heart:, can’t wait for the update!!

2 Likes

This all sounds really, really exciting. This may be the first WG game where I may actually want to hit the gym, lol.

6 Likes

Howdy, Gainers.

Update 0.6 is now up. Hope you have fun with the new content!

The Patreon is also up at WOTGDev is creating Worshippers of The Gain | Patreon.

Cheers!

First bug-fix is going out now. Was so busy testing all the routes that I left the debug mode enabled

6 Likes

Found this error when speaking to Hunk for the first time. Also, the starting weight that you added was 150kg, a typo that leads to quite a weight discrepancy. I will update this with any other issues, but the changes look good so far.

Minor suggestion: Wwwaaayyy down the road, when you have the visual art more in place, I would appreciate a daily time variable, whether that be an actual displayed time on the interface or simply by adjusting the lighting of the backgrounds. It adds just a tiny bit more realism to the game progression. You should probably poll others to see if they would be okay with this, because I am sure that others may like unlimited time in a day to do whatever. As for myself, I like to pace myself, and the outdoor lighting switching from late afternoon to midday is slightly distracting. Thank you for your consideration!

1 Like

I did notice that there didn’t appear to be a weight difference between the standard or the “Here for the food” option. Both were listed as 150 lbs, though as was noted above, the dialog box stated 150 kg.

I love the new features in the gym. Looking forward to experiencing all the added content, and the upcoming list on the trello is quite compelling.

Ah, thanks! I knew there’d be a typo somewhere. As for the background & clock, 100% agree with what you said. It’s definitely something I’ll be doing once more artwork is added.

I’ll fix this today. Thanks for pointing it out.

Cheers, gainers. I’ll have a bugfix out in a couple hours.

The 0.6.1 bug-fix is now out. Should resolve the crash during Hunk’s low-popularity dialogue, the typo with weight, and the weight bonus from “For food!” not being displayed correctly.

Cheers :slight_smile:

Assuming that you found the scenes, but yeah, you’ve identified that the requirements to see them are too high. I’ll change it in the next update/bug-fix.

Cheers

I noticed a new bug in this version. Occasionally when clicking “Tell me about the burger joint” it takes you straight back to the menu with talk/order/goodbye without saying anything.

Still exploring this new update though OwO

1 Like