Worshippers of the Gain (Demo/Itch.io/Steam))

Not that what you have here is great, but there doesn’t seem to be a real point to the game yet -which makes sense, as the game itself is still very new. Do you plan on adding any good endings or a storyline?

It kinda feels like there’s no point in playing the game “as proper”, as it advises the player to both keep popularity high and weight low. To me, at least, there’s no goal to reach.

That being said, what you have now is still really good, and I like the writing sequences and story beats so far.

2 Likes

These are both planned, but the game is in early WIP. A lot of how I design the game atm is just adding stuff that I enjoy writing, although this month’s update is going to be the first that pushes more towards coherent game design. Hopefully.

Thanks for playing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just a heads up. Expect the next update slightly early because it’s gonna have Halloween events in it.

Until then, have a lovely time, gainers :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Oooh, spoopy fats for all!

3 Likes

This also gave me an idea, except for the opposite popularity!

What if at high popularity and/or reaching a certain weight threshold, after asking for room service so many times, the service provider then just offers you more food on the spot (offering meaning you can deny it), offers to feed it to you once returning, and then offers to rubbing your belly during/after feeding. After all are accepted it could lead to a special scene between you and the server, ending with you falling asleep and waking up the next morning as usual. This could possibly lead to unique dialogue with the service when you see them, or romance options if that’s to be a future feature.

Good luck on the progress!

5 Likes

I’ll add this to the Trello. Love it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

is it possible to lose weight? I did a punch of joging at 210 weight and it didn’t go down
ok I did manage to get it go down. game must have been bugging

I keep getting a bug. the moment I stop being in game it starts rewinding everything. and it won’t stop even when I make it back to the game.

Can you specify how you’re reproducing the bug? Please try to include as much detail as possible so I can investigate further. This is a strange error.

From what I understand it’s when you minimise the game? Could you check in “preferences” at the main menu that you have “Rollback side” disabled?

Thanks.

1 Like

It just happens randomly. turns out it just happened to trigger when I left the game. but Know I have had it just happen. playing the game and suddenly its going backwards. and also when I said left the game I ment going to another tap on the same page. I had a comic I was reading on the same window as the game.
I started having the bug just happen when I started pausing and saving before I went off the tap.
I think it may be time based. have the game running and not paused for X time and the bug happens. witch would be why I do’t have them happen right after one another. and a tab reset fixes it. though not whatever is lost just to my last save

I’ve tried to reproduce the error but to no avail. I suspect it may be an issue on your end, potentially with how your browser interacts with the embedded game at itch.io. If you continue to have problems, I’d recommend downloading the game instead of playing in-browser and seeing if the error persists.

Thanks.

ok thanks anyway than( I had to word it like this becuase of that damn 20 letter limit.

Thanks! I love how much potential your game has to go in so many directions, at least right now. It’ll be exciting to see further down in development

1 Like

Thank you for playing and your support! :slight_smile:

something I feel it could use it more affects from high and low popularity. like I can see a high popularity player getting things like accuses to areas. like a high popularity players get to go to the grocery store
also it may just be me but I not the biggest fan of how there is endless money. could we have to actually get a job? I also thought to job choice could also be link to diffucalty. tourit is easy no money limits and stuff. blogger is normal a small cash boost every day based on popularity and detective is hard with no free cash.

1 Like

I’m gonna add these to the Trello. Honestly, a lot of “game-ified” mechanics like that are due to the early stage in development. Some job content could be fun :slight_smile:

Thanks for the suggestion!

cool and I realized I did a opps in my post
the difficulty thing I talked about was inked to the player choice job. the reason why they are going to the town.

1 Like

Updated Trello. Thanks again!

Howdy Gainers, hope you enjoy the update.

I’m expecting some bugs from this one due to introducing the new stat system and also some pretty big seasonal scenes.

Thanks for the continued support. Happy Halloween!

4 Likes

I don’t know about anyone else, but the game really isn’t running all that well for me now. It’s slow, and stuttering, especially when I click on something.