I have a visual novel called ‘Worshippers of the Gain’ up on Itch io at https://sekoshiba.itch.io/worshippersofthegain
The game is a furry weight-gain visual novel, based around trying to discover the secrets of a tiny food-obsessed town in the middle of nowhere. The player must navigate the fine line between investigating the town and incurring its (weight-gain-obsessed) wrath.
At the current time, placeholder images are used in the game. I’ve spoken with a few artists, but I want to get further into development before investing in artwork.
If you’d like to follow the game’s development, there is also a Trello: https://trello.com/b/A6Z3xGqK/worshippers-of-the-gain-dev-map
All feedback and criticism is welcome, and if you want anything added to the game let me know & I’ll do my best to add it!
Current version: 0.4
New in the latest version:
- Added 6 new dreams that the player can have when they sleep. These range from potion hijinks, to cursed amulets, to food dungeons!
- Dream 5 “Peasants feast” added.
- Dream 6 “Infinite burger joint” added. Easter egg!
- Dream 7 “Lipomancy” added.
- Dream 8 “Public speaker” added.
- Dream 9 “Kobold king” added.
- Dream 10 “Cursed necklace” added.
- Added 3 new bad ends.
- Clothing store bad end 1. Head to the clothing store with very low popularity (<10), ripped clothes, and be mean to Matt.
- Clothing store bad end 2. Head to the clothing store with very low popularity (<10) and be mean to Matt while he’s fixing your clothes.
- Burger joint bad end 1. Eat until you breach 1350 pounds total weight.
- Bug fixes and changes
- Old saves should now work with newer versions of the game.
- Fixed a bug where the player would get caught in an infinite burger joint loop (And this is now the dream 6 easter egg).
- Clothes are now 25% harder to rip.
- The intro has been re-written to make the cab driver friendlier and the receptionist less of an ass.
- Instances of “Gal” changed to “Girl”. Further pronoun optimisations are on their way.
- You can no longer humiliate Ben about his weight if you yourself are ridiculously overweight.
- Implemented proper version control. Bug-fixes will now be weekly instead of alongside monthly updates!
Thanks for playing!