Yaffaif isn't dead either

Currently there is no item in the game that will permanently change either stat. Lust potions and custard pies make temporary changes. However, there’s nothing to stop future items or transformations making (semi) permanent changes.

If you follow Rochaine’s instructions you will get attacked every time - she’s being sneaky and leading you into a trap. At this early part of the game I wanted to introduce the idea that not every NPC can be trusted.

There’s at least one other way to get in there without being led there by Rochaine!

Reversing transformations is waiting on me building in other transformative items, which is waiting on my finishing all the transformations. An early version of the game (before the character generator) had a human transformation potion and a sex change potion - these are now gone. Expect reversing transformations to be more costly than acquiring them!

Thank you! It tracks a whole range of contaminants - for reasons, as well as the fit and damage. Try spilling beer down the apron you can get from the smith.

Ah, so it’s a good thing I killed and ate her then. Hahahahahahaha! :laughing: XD

so i can’t progress in the game i’m only limited to the village where do i go

derp i just kill everyone so that’s probably what soft locked me

so um yeah i can’t finish orion’s quest i don’t know where to go

I don’t think Orion’s quest has been completed yet.

dang that’s a shame because it’s a good game also an idea is that you can be a slime because who cares

…huh? XD
Could you elaborate?

i don’t know like it has higher capacity to start with

@2-36 is right - I haven’t finished coding Orion’s quest yet (it’s the current development focus), so you can’t complete it. The only quest you can complete is the “My first weapon” one. I’m planning one more quest based on the village area, then it will be time to open up further areas.

I’ve made it as far through the current build as I think is possible and played around with a few things. All my runs have been female and human, so take that into account on feedback.

Starting “Very Short”, “Pear”,and “Skinny” will cause your panties to burst off just eating the Roast Chicken at the start. Someone needs to improve the elastic in those panties = P (StdFemale they just get “fit to bursting” along with the skirt. Drinking the beer as well… still pops the panties.)

Maximum height shrinkage appears to be 45.3", and there is no readily apparent way to lose weight/girth, so it doesn’t seem possible to wear any of the Kobold garments. (There is a reliable way to achieve that shrinkage by exploiting current game elements. That being said, I got myself trapped once doing it because my thighs exceeded 50" circumference…)

Similarly, there’s no reliable way to shrink stomach capacity (though I’ve had it happen a few times, I’m not sure what the trigger was/is). Sleeping several times in a row while famished isn’t good enough…

Some sort of magic Unbreakable clothing in the hut with the potions would be an awesome touch. Even if it’s just smallclothes. Because there’s (currently) no way to acquire fitting clothes once you grow past the size of the villagers, assuming you don’t start out larger than them to begin with (also assuming you have no compunctions about killing them, since I’m not aware of any other way to get their clothing).

Otherwise I am really liking where this is going. It’s a fun little romp through a small town and the mechanics for eating and WG are wonderful, particularly in their degree of realism. The description of the character and tracking of the measurement changes are rather titillating and I can’t wait to see more.

3 Likes

How do i play this game on windows? Java isn’t working

How do you get Custard pies?

Try the instructions on this page, @Geekyboybrief: Yaffaif install troubleshooting guide

@Tag365 Holy crap, you just gave me an idea. I need to go test something. ETA: So, yes. You get the pie cases from the Larder, go to the Armory, and fill the Pie Cases from the Cauldron. Sadly, this does not drive your shrinkening any farther than repeatedly triggering the bucket trap in the Treasure room (my current method for becoming as short as possible). Because short girls are hot.

1 Like

So despite having pretty thoroughly explored the game in its current state (barring anything I simply haven’t figured out what to do with (eg whether or not some things can be used with people/the environment or not)), I am still playing around with it for S&G, mostly in the area of “exploring different ways to manipulate character size”.

I got lucky going through the mines this latest run by not getting Koboldy at all (I did not Search the Cauldron and only got hit with one pie, which did nothing more than supercharge my loins), so I’m still 6’ 4.4" which is a little taller than me IRL. I slowly ate myself fatter by working the bar repeatedly, carefully keeping my stomach capacity down around 3.5L, or about the point where 4 meat pies makes you “stuffed”, since I’m not sure yet if going to sleep/working 4 hours on less than a stuffed stomach will make you lose “too much” weight. Sleeping famished seems to cost ~.3 pounds. I did eventually run through the mines and start eating kobolds, the eels, dead chickens, and some townspeople, which inflated my appetite. I saved Arthur for last since he’s the only consistent food faucet that doesn’t involve gorging on Koboldy Custard. Eventually, though, I turned to the large stash of WG potions I picked up earlier by milking the Still Hut, jacking my weight up to ~1300 pounds. Still mobile at that weight, but can’t fit through any doorways so I’m stuck outside. Now I’m in the process of spamming “Wait 1 hour” with an auto-clicker to see if you can slim back down… the answer being yes! I’m at Day 529, my hair is waist-length, and I’ve got several hundred pounds to go before I’m a normal human size.
Day 626 and my hair is knee-length.
Day 806, ankle-length. Curious if it can get long enough to inhibit movement…
Day 841, ground-length.
Day 1054. My hair is long enough to drag on the ground, making it difficult to move. Can’t figure out a way to cut it either.
Day 1270. My hair is now so long it “always trips you up”. However, I am back to starting size, so the experiment was still a success. You should be able to guess my next move = P

The most interesting thing to me is that I am literally back at Starting Weight for this height and build but my measurements are all greatly elevated compared to the actual start. Not sure if this is intentional or what = P

ETA: So for the heck of it I kept pushing down and, yes, you can get to weight levels (and descriptions) slimmer than the starting point for “skinny”, which means those category names should either change, or the weights attached to them should change. Probably the latter. The game doesn’t prevent you from reaching negative weight but there is a minimum asset measurement that I suspect is height-related, but will need to test. (Well, starting measurements for “Very Short” are lower than minimum measurements for “Very Tall”, so… that’s confirmed = P)

2 Likes

Yay! Got small enough for all the Kobold wear… except for Rochaine’s Skirt. Ahh, but I can wear the male Trousers…

ETA: And though I haven’t gone and tried it, I suspect taking the StdFemale build would allow me to wear Rochaine’s skirt. She’s probably slimmer in the hips than a “pear”.

2 Likes

You’ve obviously tested something I hadn’t, and yes, it does do this. There are actually a number of things going on here.

The first, and most obvious one, is that all clothing, with a few exceptions, was flagged as being made of generic “cloth” and had the same stretch factor before it becomes a problem. I’ve added a few types to the current dev build, so panties are now made of a stretchier cotton.

The second is that the methods that check the fit of panties and underpants are looking at the waist and belly size, which is probably wrong in most cases, save for Bridget Jones’s “granny pants”. Being very short and skinny, your stomach volume is going to have a disproportionate effect on he size of your belly, making this error worse.

Finally, everyone starts out with the same stomach capacity at the moment. It’s one of the earlier parts of the code and could stand some revising. Your character starts out at 29kg, but can still eat 1.8kg of food at a sitting just like a much bigger starting character! I’m not sure what to do with this, logically it should vary with their size, so your tiny character wouldn’t be able to eat that chicken in one sitting. However, my experience has been that this is not the case; shorter people can eat almost as much - it just shows more! Possibly because height varies more with leg length than torso? I probably need to make this species dependent too when I refactor it. Thoughts anyone?

These last two are going on the to-do list, as I do need to revisit the body model, and the way it interacts with transformations.

I’ll address some of the other points in a later message…

1 Like

The long term plan is that you will be able to get your clothes laundered, repaired and altered at the village shop (for a price), or just buy new ones (in other styles). It will go along with a change where people will notice if you are naked, and react accordingly (right now they don’t really care).

Meantime I’ll look at adding some undergraments to the hut. I’ll set them to respawn so you can keep getting sizes that fit.

I’m really glad you are enjoying it!

I really wanted to get the realism right, which is a pain at times (too much maths), so there’s a basic model of the character’s body I can pull dimensions off. The character descriptions are built on the fly from the model too. It mostly works, but very occasionally messes up. Also, inspired by Tainted Elysium, I’d like it to be accurate enough to generate character vector art. That’s ways down the road though I suspect.

Next up - transformations…

1 Like