Yaffaif isn't dead either

I did eventually break open (and mess with) debug mode. Including such ridiculousness as 1M, 2M, 10M, and 20M calorie foodstuffs. Several hundred pounds in one bite is hilarious and totally needs to be a thing in the finished game. Like, that fertility statue in the Kobold cave is actually edible and enchanted to make you BIG, or something. Perhaps even something as minor as a randomizer on Arthur’s Beef Pies, making them ±25% caloric value or some shish just so it’s less predictable. Or… a gimmicked food gift that’s worth 50 pounds, so at lower weights you’re out in public and Boomf, nekid = P

Interesting game mechanics make me want to understand them, and that usually means trying to break them. Hard.

I am a horrible person and it amuses me to visualize this chick just working a tavern, pouring beer on herself, gobbling down four meat pies and visibly fattening from it, only to go again for more = P

4 Likes

Ah, yes, I haven’t done all the transformations yet. Currently the lengh of your torso doesn’t change, because I was toying with refactoring the way the toso is defined when I was doing the transformation code. Once that’s done you’ll reach a height that’s appopriate for a Kobold (or any other creature for that matter).

Also, the height transformations don’t change your body mass, so you get shorter and thicker (or taller and thinner). I thought it was kind of fun that way. I’ll have to add an additional transformation effect to bring your mass in to line with the target species. There’s a few other ones I need to do too.

The only programmed way to lose capacity is when the bottomless pit potion wears off, basically reversing the capacity it originally added. If it is happening anywhere else, then there’s a bug somewhere!

@Geekyboybrief, hopefully @Schattenjaeger’s link to the install/troubleshooting guide got you going. If not, just let me know.

I’m working on it!

I’ve no plans to do include slime girl yet, but it could be fun: you could be able to squeeze through arbitary sized openings, manipulate your body dimensions, have a reliance on sexual fluids as food maybe? It wouldn’t be a starting species though, but something you’d hav to work towards.

2 Likes

Did you think I wouldn’t have coded hair immobility in as well as the more obvious kinds for a WG / fetish game?

Unfortunately that really is a soft game-over at that point - I haven’t made any way to shorten hair yet. My thought was to have someone who could cut and style it, but you’d have to make it to them before the immobile state actually kicked in. It’s not like you wouldn’t have had many many warnings it was becoming a problem.

This is a bug I’ve known about for a while, it’s a compounding of various out-by-one errors, as body mass increases and decreases. Each time you do something it works out how many calories were burnt and adjusts body mass accordingly, which then adjusts the various body parts. Some of those changes are very small, like losing a single gram, which can’t be distributed to the parts. There needs to be a sanity check to make sure the body mass isn’t different to the sum of the parts.

The immaciated through incredibly obese descriptions of characters are based on a (modified) BMI calculation, so it’s factoring in your change of height as well as your weight.

In the character generation at the start of the game it works a bit differently. It’s combining species, sex, and height choice to determine how tall you should be, then species, sex, height, and fatness to determine how heavy you should be, finally body shape determines how the mass is distributed. The values were initially taken from data on Wikipedia, but I suspect it was for an American population which is why the “average” weight setting reports as “chubby” in the descriptions. At a basic level the calculation is correct - on average people are chubby! It’s something I’ve toyed with adjusting so the options produce a more expected result - but, I kind of like it, and it’s code I’ll have to adjust after I fix the torso model anyway, so that’s the best time to do it.

I really need to fix the minimum weight thing. It should bottom out at the thinnest size for your species/height, and then start doing health damage.

Have to say, I can’t wait for the point where you can feed enemies, or at least make them gain weight or something. Unfortunately the kcal count on items like ultra lust and the pies doesn’t seem to affect anyone you hit with them.

1 Like

Nothing works, it keeps asking how i want to open the file!

It sounds like you’re trying to run it directly from Windows with broken file type associations (mine are, too). Follow the steps in the page I linked to run it through the Command Prompt.

It keeps saying $ java -version isn’t recognized

Have you installed Java?
https://www.java.com/en/

If yes, I have an idea to simplify things for everyone who needs to use the Command Prompt, but it will have to wait until tonight after work for implementation.

ETA: That was even easier than I could have hoped for.

Download this file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HCwG0JVOb4hRGUjsuhBznTPXmh_4kQRh/view?usp=sharing

Place it in your GameFX2 folder alongside GameFX2.jar

Double click the “Yaffaif.bat” file to run the game. (Assuming you have an up-to-date copy of the JRE installed.)

Dingo, you might consider packaging the Windows download with this batch file. It’s just the “java -jar gamefx2.jar” line for running from Command Prompt, nothing more. You might also want to put in a shortcut to the Java webpage (linked above), just for QoL.

I have an up-to-date copy and installed this. I see a window open up for a split second and then it immediately closes.

That’s unusal. Can you step through the Install Troubleshooting Guide and let me know how you get on, particularly the Java version and the results that last step - running from the command line. What OS are you using?

I’m using Windows 10. I can’t figure out how to get the command window open. In my last post, I was talking about the file that @Schattenjaeger shared.

I’m not exactly familiar with Windows 10, but you would probably search for “Command Prompt” or “Command” or “cmd” from the start menu.

As to the file I shared, if there’s anything Win10 does differently from Win7 when it comes to processing batch files… well, I don’t know that = P Batch files are literally just lines of commands that, when run, process as though the end user typed them in a command prompt. They’re usually used to carry out complicated strings of command maneuvering, but they can also function like an exe for programs that …aren’t actually compiled into an exe.

Could someone else try my batch file “fix” and see if it works for them? Particularly, another Win7 user and a Win10 user?

Ah, yes, it’s different on Windows 10, I’ll have to update the website. Press the Windows logo on the toolbar (what used to be “Start”) or the windows key on the keyboard, then type the letters cmd and choose the "Command Prompt’ app. There are other ways, but this is the simplest I think.

Win+R, and type CMD, then hit Enter or click Okay.

Win=Windows Key on the keyboard, if anyone needed clarification.

1 Like

The website for Yaffaif actually has the link to java.com right above the download link. I always link to my website page here (and other places like FA etc) so I only have to keep the instructions up to date in one place.

I may well include a batch file is the next drop, as it leaves the console output visible, which can help with debug. It’s not ideal as the command window sits there during the game, but it’s a good fall back. I’d add pause to the end to stop it closing if the game bombs out which is what seems to be happening to @Mintpanda1, so it would be:

java -jar GameFX2.jar
pause

Ideally it would do some pre-flight checks too: making sure java exists, and that the lib/GameF.jar and lib/GameFx2Controls are present. But, I’m not a windows batch file programmer (Unix shell, yes, and Cygwin goes on my Windows machines by default), and it doesn’t help that my Windows laptop died on Friday so I’ve been working on my old Mac. I’ve kind of got it fixed, and can confirm the script works on Windows 10. I don’t have a windows 7 machine.

That works too - but I mentioned the other way as it gives more visual feedback as to what is going on. Even Hey Cortana, run command prompt works (eventually)!

1 Like

Fair enough, sorry for assuming otherwise. Using the Run window has been faster for me, but mileage varies for everyone for what they want/need to see.

I had no idea about that “pause” command. Or those “pre-flight checks”. I just did it as a quickie to automate the process of starting from command prompt in case there were/are people who aren’t, er, savvy enough to do that kind of thing.

1 Like