Yaffaif isn't dead either

Thanks for the help so far. I’m not sure if this changes anything, but, the game files from the site download are class files rather than jar files.

Sorry if that came across funny, it wasn’t meant to. I use <win-r> cmd <return> all the time. I just figured someone who doesn’t know how to open a command prompt at all would find working through the start, (sorry, windows), menu more familiar.

1 Like

Did you… extract gamefx2.jar itself?

No worries, Dingo! I didn’t take it negatively either, I knew where you were coming from. :slight_smile:

Ahh, your archiver has unpacked the .jar files too (they are an archive). Can I suggest using 7zip to unpack the zip? Also can you let me know what you used to unpack it originally so I can warn others please?

I updated my batch file with that “pause” line as a “just in case”. The existing link should still function just fine.

Alright, managed to open the game, now! Thanks for the help! The original archiver I used is called BreeZip. It was installed on my computer when I first got it

I have never heard of that one before. I used to use a robust utility called TugZip that stopped being supported by the developer, which is why my .jar file association is broken.

I’m glad between the three of us we got to the bottom of it. I just hope it turns out to be worth it!

1 Like

Definitely! I spent a few days just working the bar and eating the beef pies to increase stomach capacity, lol. I explored the kobold’s place as much as I could. Currently trying to figure out how to make some pies with the cases.

Find yourself a good supply of custard…

1 Like

How do you find custard?

There be an entire cauldron of it in the kobold-infested mines. Take the pie shells to that room and fill 'em.

2 Likes

is there any way to find the brother? for that guy that tells you about the mine in the first place?

At the moment, no. That’s gonna be a future update. (No, I don’t have a timetable, I’m just repeating stuff.)

1 Like

Will there ever be an EXE version? I can’t run this at all, no matter how many times i install and uninstall Java…

@Geekyboybrief: Sorry, no plans to make an .exe version, it would make the download about 50 times bigger, which is unreasonable. I do plan on adding .bat and .sh scripts with the next version.

If you let me know what happens when you run through the steps in the troubleshooting guide I’m sure it can be made to work.

@Geekyboybrief: I’ve uploaded a new version with batch files to start the game. Hopefully this will help, or at least give some pointers to the problem.

It works~! :smiley: Thank you so much!

I’m having issues saving and loading. After I enter the mines and meet Rochaine, any attempts to save or load the game fail. Even after quitting and restarting the game, I keep getting messages that say, “Game NOT saved/loaded as there was a problem reading/writing to [save file location].”