Yokai Slam - 3D Physics-Enhanced Sumo Wrestling!

I posted a new build to the page linked in the OP. There’s a new map, and cheat codes

4 Likes

Got this error with the newest build. Is it something with the program or my own PC?

1 Like

I did add online play support to the game. It might need some kind of runtime SDK to handle it. That’s the only notable difference in structure since last version. The last major version is still up if you want to try that one and report back

2 Likes

No problems with 6.9. It’s only 9.7 that has the problem.

1 Like

20200829_142235
This is the best result I could find

2 Likes

I did some of my own research and found that the way to respolve this for UE4 programs is to repair any existing builds of the redistributable. I already have the 2017 builds, which–from what I can tell–are identical to the '15 and '19 builds. I repaired both builds and…nothing. Still get that error.

1 Like

I’m getting the same exact error from the new version. The older versions worked fine for me.

1 Like

i’ll see what i can do to fix it

3 Likes

Okay, so in the game’s folder, look for \Engine\Extras\Redist\en-us and run the exe in there. See if that fixes it

3 Likes

I don’t know why, but it worked. Thank fuck it did, I think my PC woulda come to life and started throwing hands if I tried to reboot it once more just for this damn game…

Also, in case anyone wanted to know: the secret from before is still in the same spot. The “enclosed shape” has moved, but the button has not.

1 Like

Whoops, i’d better fix that!
Also, glad to hear it. I’m going to be including a batch file next to the EXE for running that next build.

3 Likes

Speaking of which, where do you enter cheats? I’m curious to see what what does.

1 Like

bottom left corner of the options menu

3 Likes

So uh…this happens to Glasgow sometimes. I’m not a doctor, but I’d say that looks painful.

3 Likes

i patched it out i think. check the post cause i did some other stuff too

3 Likes

This one has probably the most impressive visuals I’ve seen in the game jam. I could just watch these models smashing against each other all day. When one of them falls out of the ring on to the ground, I feel a visceral urge to run over and help them up.

3 Likes

Reading through this thread, I feel like people were a little harsh! To me, this is probably the most impressive game I’ve played the whole jam. The fact you embarked on doing a 3d game at all is impressive, and the fact you got to control well on top of that is something else! The way you brought the characters to life is super cool. I love how their designs communicate a lot about how they’ll play right out the gate, they all control exactly how I thought. I especially love Kirame. The way you captured the weight behind her…dude, it’s incredible. I had way too much fun just slamming against her, that’s something you could only really capture with a 3d game like this. It might not have a ton of weight gain, but for me, the physics and gravity behind these ladies are more than enough fetish fuel for me, thanks.

To top it all off, you put a TON of polish into this thing! This is a really complete package, I love the little kappas (Especially the one peaking into the waiting room) and the fact you included bonus skins. I’ll admit I haven’t gotten the hang of the gameplay but these characters are so attractive and there’s so much care put into the arenas and even the music so I’m eager to spend more time getting the hang of it.

Do you think you’ll spend more time on this project? I think there is a LOT of potential in your 3d modeling, I hope you keep at it!!

4 Likes

For everything that happened and how much you fixed in such a short amount of time is impressive.
you took everyone advice at heart and still you stood strong, lesser people would just throw a tantrum, I believe you can develop this game and many future others better than a lot of people I have seen, personally as well, keep up the good work.

2 Likes

I appreciate the words of kindness and encouragement, both of you. I wanted to put my best foot forward for this game jam. The game went through tons of balance tweaking over the course of development, so a lot of the harshest criticism was justified at the time. The complaints about lacking more weight gain were the only ones I really resisted on since my vision for the project in the first place was to focus on the more subtle fetish-related themes, mainly body proportion. Extreme amounts of weight gain just isn’t my thing, and I feel like putting it in would have ruined the ragdoll physics I worked so hard getting right, since collision cannot be adjusted to fit shapekeys

3 Likes

That’s understandable! And really, the amount of WG we have in game is good, as well the bigness the cheat code provide!
I bet you will be able to do even better on your next project.

1 Like