Yuri My Beloved - A breast expansion incremental game

As you said, incremental games and expansion are a natural combo. Kudos on making it happen before anyone else (that I know of at least) and even making it fun.
Edit: After having fully completed the game my opinion is unchanged. Although I wonder if the $20 perchance price for the last Protectorate upgrade is actually deducted from your money, making it impossible to buy if you somehow end up with less than that by the time you get there.

1 Like

this game ending up being better then what I thought it was going to be, the progress was charming and quite funny at later sizes. I would say a later update would be changing to a new character for the fun to continue and if possible images showing her size and really only changing once a milestone is made

if it wasn’t for the amount of descriptions saying she was a fox, you wouldn’t even know it was a furry game. So I suggest an option to play as human for those that don’t like furry content or find more ways to bring forward that she is a furry

Otherwise It was quite fun

1 Like

Honestly, I don’t think there’s much else to add to this game, content-wise. Quality of life stuff like more customization options, perhaps more log entries to pad out the more sparse areas towards the end, maybe more testing and rebalance if someone can really go through the time and effort. But I don’t think the game can be extended.

Being mostly text-based, it can only be erotic because the player visualizes something that turns them on. Or makes them laugh, or whatever they’re playing it for. To aid with that, there’s so many log messages and direct comparisons to things to give a good sense of scale for the sole purpose of making it easier to visualize the character. For that reason, the game will really fall off at post-universal sizes, since there is literally nothing that exists that could be compared to her. I didn’t make a direct cutoff, since there’s no real point, but I never intend to create post-universal content to any game I make.

As for a new character, I’d rather make it a separate game entirely, if I get the idea for one. If no new content is added, it’ll really just become replaying the game with slightly different lore. I’d rather just flesh Yuri out more. If there is new content, it would be easier to build it into a standalone game than tack it onto this one. I have made… questionable decisions when it comes to the code I’ve written.

3 Likes

This was a thoroughly enjoyable experience, and far better than I expected it to be. I found the writing to be delightfully charming and humorous, and I felt compelled to keep playing from more than the primal desire to make Yuri’s breasts ever larger.

The only critique I can think of is that it the player is unable to see how much of a resource (such as money) they currently possess while on the screen that they earn it. Perchance such information could be added below Yuri’s statistics? Regardless, this was a truly marvelous idle game.

1 Like

Perchance any idea on what a cheat mode would have in it?

1 Like

I’ve already got most of a cheat mode, for testing. Its contents would be:

• grow a lil (size x1.1)
  • grow a lot (size x2)
  • fill with milk
  • get rich
  • get poor
  • go straight to space
  • get fuel
  • get strange matter

There was one moment where the player character commented about eating donuts outside of milestones too much and slightly concerned about their weight. I thought there might be a branching ending where the player starts diverting 0.0000001% of Yuri’s milk and thus gaining weight into a planetary blob that still seems like a speck compared to Yuri’s galactic boobs. Alas… Still amazing work!

Speaking galactic, it sort of feels the shortest and least developed of the fazes. I don’t know if the strange matter multiplier just makes the rate of growth so fast you really would reach the limit of visible space that quickly especially once you get the last upgrade from strange matter and you just keep grinding it. There are a lot of mind bending things you could do:

*You could comment when Yuri now occupies the dark space between the milky way and andromeda,

*Megastructures, milking machine the size of multiple galaxies, etc.

*The idea that Yuri’s rate of growth is so insane she’s the first known living thing to move faster than light, literally outpacing the expansion of the universe. And thus people on planets start to being able to observe her at sizes she hasn’t reached yet because her boobs are starting to time travel! (I don’t know if it would work that way)

Not really a critique just a bunch of ideas that popped into my head.

1 Like

I know it’s the main focus of this site, but I’ve just never been one for fat. You’re free to imagine what you like, though, and that’s the beauty of text-based games.

You’re right in that the galactic section is shorter, but that is just because of the nature of strange matter. 100 strange matter gives you a 13,000x multiplier, but every single new 100 strange matter you get will multiply the growth by another 13,000. That means that when you start getting 1,000 or even 10,000 strange matter at a time, the multipliers become quite ridiculous. Which I wanted to do specifically because space is so damn empty; better to speed through it than to linger in a place where no immediate comparisons can be made, and even if they were, it’s impossible for anyone to wrap their head fully around them.

The space between the milky way and andromeda is only around 10~20x the size of the milky way itself, which can be outgrown in exactly 4 clicks once you’ve gotten enough strange matter.

And once she grows faster than the speed of light, everyone else will only ever see the size she used to be at, not the size she is. I have elected to ignore this, as representing a titty smaller than it really is is a crime without equal.

I wanted to capture a sense of closeness. You’re not an industry manager to some employee, she’s your girlfriend. You milk her by hand even if it’s silly because that’s just how to get her leaking, and you massage her back and boobs because only you can achieve the same result.

Besides, she’s outgrow all infrastructure quite quickly anyways.

3 Likes

Oohhhhh, I only had the time to peek into the game and reach the point she starts lactating but I’m loving it so far. Definitely coming back to this when I’m alone enough to use anything but my phone.

1 Like

Yeah, I get that. Space is big and empty. I usually lose interest in those kind of stories well before they reach planets because like you say we run out of things to compare size to or engage beyond “crush with boob” I appreciated the personal parts, you did a really good job keeping it engaging past the point where she loses things to meaningfully engage with past the player.

Still say “expanding faster than the big bang” would be a cool landmark to comment on.

And the “expanding faster than light” thing was that parts of Yuri’s boobs were experiencing time dialation and possible time travel, I just gave a bad example.

1 Like

Ah, I don’t know enough about physics, theoretical or practical, to do much with that. I’ve also tried not to include many units of time in the game, since trying to predict or adapt to optional player actions is an exponential workload. A lot of the beta testers even commented on liking that it was a slower timeframe, extending across days, weeks, or even months.

Not a physics guy either, this is all just about adding texture to the journey that’s already here. Adding reference points is key to any good expansion story.

Technically speaking, even reaching the next closest star in the matter of months would already mean she’d be growing close to or beyond the speed of light, reaching universal size in a life time means she’d need to go waaaay past that, so the pacing wouldn’t be affected.

Heck, if you wanted to go Hyper-nerd (like me going on like this isn’t already that…) her expanding that fast could possibly mean because of the concept of time-dilation, time on the surface of her boobs would be slower than the rest of the universe, so the story could be going any pace you want it to.

At this point I’m just thinking out loud, feel free to ignore me now. XD.

1 Like

Updated the game for mobile compatability, a cheat mode, and a timer so that you can really measure your love of boobs against your peers.

spent some time playing the game, absolutely loved it.
found a single tiny typo (adn):

> “average titty one mile wide” factoid actualy just statistical error. average titty twenty feet wide. Titties Belyaev, who lives in space & grows over 100 miles each second, is an outlier adn should not have been counted

Really impressive stuff though! especially for it being a solo project, got a lot of fun out of this.
might we, perchance, see more games from you in the future?

Again though, great job!

1 Like

That specific typo is purposeful. It’s a callback to Spiders Georg, the OG statistical misrepresentation mascot. The log entry is pretty much a 1:1 copy of it.

This certainly isn’t the last game I’ll make, but the next one may take some time, since I’m a lil burnt out and I’ve got a new college semester coming up.

1 Like

Turns out I missed a meme somewhere, the more you know :star2:

completely understandable! and take your time!
If you ever need someone extra to playtest though - where do I sign up lmao
Just have fun with the process, and good luck with your college semester! you got this

1 Like

Got the chance to play this to completion sooner than I expected. Best booba game I think I’ve ever played period. Perchance though is there a link to the little bonus in the credits? I dont know if this was an issue caused by playing through Itch but it didn’t seem to load the surprise properly.

1 Like

Hm. It was a link to the gift art Possmonaught did of Yuri that should’ve rendered as an image automatically, from Twitter. It worked fine for me, so I’m not exactly sure what the issue was. Did you have a stable Internet connection?

Or is it another thing about needing an nsfw-enabled account to see the image properly?

https://twitter.com/possmonaught/status/1745571274078683248

1 Like

I have no idea. I didn’t use an Itch or Twitter account but I was playing the game through Firefox with my steam deck in desktop mode. 0 clue if that even matters at all more than having an account would. Unfortunately that still precludes me from seeing it unless you put “fx” at the start of “Twitter.” It gets around the nsfw embed issues in most plays like discord. No idea if that helps with twine at all. Either way it’s great art!

1 Like

Very cute, entertaining game. Perchance. I don’t have much to add that others haven’t already said, nor am I in a good mood to write creatively, so I’ll just say that it was very funny at times and very hot at others. Was the “your mom” joke really necessary, though? :laughing: (the answer is yes)

1 Like