Feelings after a couple of days (quite enthusiastic) trial:
- game goes deeper than I thought at first sight. Everything looks well-thought and highly stable. I am getting confident about my girl’s ability to carry her still growing weight and benefit from her gain. I think I know now enough to form some simple strategies to use when I finally start the next character. I am astonished about how well the system functions.
- still liking the relatively slow pace. Perfect for a slow player like me, I reckon. I make mistakes, so I have time to correct some of them before my char suffers TOO much.
Opinionated and probably quite irritating suggestions: (TLDR-warning)
- needs a DEBUG-function. What for, you might ask, and I admit this is a highly suspicious and arguably very bad idea, but there are people who would like faster progress and there could be some total odd-balls like me who are too jealous about their char’s weight to put them on weight-loss diets and still liked to see how their chars would cope in thinner form or weaker in some way. What I currently think I’d like to see is actually:
- fast and painless weight loss. Magical potion, debug-function, some other (preferably controllable) method. I really hate prolonged diets and would very much prefer to get over with them as fast as possible. I absolutely love the relatively slow gain, however. Gives me good vibes etc., but the loss of weight is always a loss of something else, too. I am certain you know what I am speaking about.
- possibly other functions, but I am not sure I’d really need those. Just playing with ideas about:
- shorter walks
- some weight gain-related humiliation
PS. This is a fan-post. Even bad ideas/odd suggestions aren’t meant to be taken too seriously. I am still quite impressed about the game, probably much more than a few days back. Truly exiting to see what comes next! ;D