A game

Also, here are my character’s stats. And I tracked them for the past few hours. She got back from the 12th dungeon and the past 900 entries in the journal (I was tracking for a few hours) were eating solely sweet buns. I’ve had to raise her food priorities to ludicrous amounts to keep her full. And after 900 sweet buns she’s only at 31% full.

Stats: http://imgur.com/a/66UWv

SO! I know I’m spamming the thread, but my character’s gained over 80 kilograms in eight hours. Not to be rude DJ, but you need to do some MAJOR rebalancing for the heavier characters. Mine’s not even going below half health in the hardest dungeon.

I just came across an interesting bug/feature. I’d built up a good chunk of money and as I wasn’t going to have much chance to interact with the game I thought I’d sent her off to get lots of food from the market. It turns out you can’t have more than 1,000 items in your inventory. I’d set things up to buy 1,000 sweet buns, 1 cereal, and 1 burger. The game went into a loop where she spent a whole in-game day at the market, but never managed to get more than 996 buns. I’m guessing two slots were taken for the cereal and burger, and two for her swords.

I do think perma-death would be a bad plan. It takes a couple of weeks of real-time to get to the point where you can think about tackling the last dungeons, and that’s a lot of work to lose just on the whim of a random number generator!

I was wondering what you used to make this game, or I feel it is just jury rigged.

I imagine a significant weight penalty instead of death. Perhaps you’ve been held prisoner a while. Enough to discourage recklessness, and encourage more stat building before taking the same risk. Maybe 20% or thereabouts.

[quote=“dingotush, post:83, topic:849”]I just came across an interesting bug/feature. I’d built up a good chunk of money and as I wasn’t going to have much chance to interact with the game I thought I’d sent her off to get lots of food from the market. It turns out you can’t have more than 1,000 items in your inventory. I’d set things up to buy 1,000 sweet buns, 1 cereal, and 1 burger. The game went into a loop where she spent a whole in-game day at the market, but never managed to get more than 996 buns. I’m guessing two slots were taken for the cereal and burger, and two for her swords.

I do think perma-death would be a bad plan. It takes a couple of weeks of real-time to get to the point where you can think about tackling the last dungeons, and that’s a lot of work to lose just on the whim of a random number generator![/quote]

R. N. Jesus is a formal pronoun. RESPECT IT.

[quote=“AHumanBeing, post:86, topic:849”][quote=“dingotush, post:83, topic:849”]I just came across an interesting bug/feature. I’d built up a good chunk of money and as I wasn’t going to have much chance to interact with the game I thought I’d sent her off to get lots of food from the market. It turns out you can’t have more than 1,000 items in your inventory. I’d set things up to buy 1,000 sweet buns, 1 cereal, and 1 burger. The game went into a loop where she spent a whole in-game day at the market, but never managed to get more than 996 buns. I’m guessing two slots were taken for the cereal and burger, and two for her swords.

I do think perma-death would be a bad plan. It takes a couple of weeks of real-time to get to the point where you can think about tackling the last dungeons, and that’s a lot of work to lose just on the whim of a random number generator![/quote]

R. N. Jesus is a formal pronoun. RESPECT IT.[/quote]

I have no idea what you are on about.

Regarding inventory size limit
Inventory size limit is currently 1000 items. When there are more than 1000 items, the items are discarded. Today I checked how much RAM the app uses. It currently uses 166 MB of RAM. Thats a lot of ram, I hope it wont get worse.

Tools used
The code is written in Go programming language. 3rd pty libs used: dchest\captcha. Client side is written in JavaScript programming language. Pages are written in HTML markup language. 3rd pty libs used: jQuery, Bootstrap-css. I use Visual Studio Code editor.

Balance
Balance should be improved. It should. I try but its not exactly easy. Whether I improve balance or make it worse is a matter of luck. Ur feedback helps. We will see what improvements I will be able to make. Weight gain speed limit is on the list of planned improvements.

R. N. Jesus is a formal pronoun. RESPECT IT.[/quote]

I have no idea what you are on about.[/quote]

Random Number Generator => RNG => RNGee (phonetically) => RN Ge+sus => R.N. Jesus
Basically, it’s the luck of a random number generator being represented as a miracle/divine intervention, and thus the character of RN Jesus is prayed to, asking for or giving thank for a lucky outcome. And if you choose to interpret that as a proper noun, then it would be capitalized the way a name would.

[quote=“dj_sharp, post:88, topic:849”]Regarding inventory size limit
Inventory size limit is currently 1000 items. When there are more than 1000 items, the items are discarded. Today I checked how much RAM the app uses. It currently uses 166 MB of RAM. Thats a lot of ram, I hope it wont get worse.[/quote]

If RAM used by the inventory is an issue you might want to flip things about. Have an array the size of the number of types of items (currently five? - two kinds of swords and three kinds of food) and store the number owned of each one.

My character seems to have gotten stuck and is constantly eating now even though she’s set to “Restraint” and “Starve”. Possibly because she can digest things faster than she can eat them?

So I seem to have a problem where my stomach level is stuck at 0 no matter how much I eat, am I digesting things too fast to get full at all now? Or is it a bug?

That’s been happening to me as well. It might be my stomach capacity as well, though, since my character is around 1200 kilograms now. They can eat a whole 1000 sweet buns and not even get to 1 percent full.

Recently I have been only working on the project on weekends. Thats bad news because usually when I really intend to get something done, I try to spend at least 1 hour every day. And if I only work on weekends then the project is moving forward very slowly.

I intend to uninstall old instance 0003. I hope there are no objections. The old instance bothers me because it generates too much backup data so I have to go clear it often. Otherwise it might run out of disk space, and the system might stop working.

The site seems a bit… Dead. Not sure if it’s only me or the other side.

Looks dead to me. It was up 24 hours ago, though.

The game’s up now.

“Could not create character; error code =” :frowning:

Today I started working on new feature for the game: quests. Because I believe this is the feature that will (possibly) make the game better.

I spent very little time working on the project lately. Here is the list of changes I made since I published instance 0004:

[] Group food consumption messages in journal.
[
] [internal] Optimize item discarder performance.
[] Rebalanced weight gain speed. Weight gain speed is now linear.
[
] Floaty UI for status page.
[] Dungeons now have “Cleared” field
[
] Stamina rework (unfinished)

See new UI screenshot in this message: http://www.weightgaming.com/forum/index.php?topic=176.msg6718#msg6718

Today I disabled game instance meadowie0003 (obsolete).

To person who got “Could not create character error”: heh?? works fine for me. Might be that ur not logged in

I was logged in, but I got the error message when I started.

lol. I forgot about this for a little while, and went back to find my character still very slowly bulking up at 4064 weight units. I’d figured he’d have hit equilibrium by now.