A game

thanks a bundle!!!

I am still very confused on how to play the game and such, could someone please explain to how to do it.

It is very much like an idle game, its just slow, you buy food and explore dungeons when you queue them up to complete quests which you can do constantly. It is very hard to run out of money and honestly there isnt any reason to buy cloths. If you want to gain weight you change your eating habits via the (M) button in the top right corner and going to controls. Then you just let your character play as there weight slowly goes up. Of course the amount you gain is very small and goes up by .090 per minute where as if your starving you lose about .58 per minute so you drop weight really quickly. Thats the only bad pat but it makes the game more realistic in a way. I wish the game was still in development and I would do work on it myself if I knew how to code.

Sorry for the long reply but it answers a little bit about the game~

Besides this, as long as Darken_Luster has the server up the game plays itself and you get to observe, kinda like a tamagachi sorta…if you know what that is. Thanks again to @Darken_Luster as always for hosting the server!

3 Likes

Thank you, but I was asking for help to actually run the game like what I need to download and what I have to do with the game file, etc. Im sorry if my question sounds confusing, Im not great at describing things

Oh well in that case I haven’t a clue haha, just trying to help where I can

Thank you so muchfor open the server

many changes, u say? haha :thinking: I guess I really gave up on it in the middle of rewriting stuff

i really like your game, why you leave it?

I guess the answer is because I am bad at project management. I do my best when I write individual features. But I am lazy to do efficient long-term planning. (either lazy or just not good at it). I tend to loose track of what should be done next. I think at some point I panicked because the feeling that I make all the wrong decisions got too strong

Well, we all make bad decisions. What’s important is that when they crop up, we do our best to fix them, or at the very least learn from them. =)

Regardless I still very much enjoy the game, I am just thankful someone is hosting a server for it so I can manage my character on her simple indulgent adventures ^^

Im still confused on how to run the git repository, could anyone tell me?

You don’t need to “run” it per se, the website has all of the same functionality. If you do want to run it yourself, clone the git repository using (of course) git, and then follow the instructions in the README.md. I’ve set it up to use Docker to ease the process of building it, so you shouldn’t need anything else installed.

ok so all there is as for “readme” is a bunch of “starting up with your brand new X” documents, unless you mean a readme for either git or docker, which for some reason also expects me to sign up as a company

like why does this game need weird and high tech programs? am i also going to have to spoof my IP address so i can get an ubuntu emulator?

someone know how make lower the digesting speed?

I meant the README.md file in the git repository.

The game doesn’t need “weird” and “high tech” programs, it’s just built in Go. But IMO git is neither weird nor high tech, it is common in the actual software industry, and so is Docker. I just am using what I felt comfortable with.

I don’t know why you would need to spoof your IP address to get an Ubuntu emulator. It’s not illegal or anything?

If I recall correctly, digestion speed is based upon your weight, so… lose weight? :slight_smile:

The link takes me to a blank page telling me to clone it to GIT but I don’t know how to do that.

If you just want to play, the correct link is a bit further up, this will take you to the post.

I will try it, Thank you :smiley: