A new japanese weight gain RPG from @3GPG93kDyAAWbKS on twitter

I had one person in the thread ask me for permission to use them for their own version.

The reason that there hasn’t been a publicly available modded version is mostly permission based. I don’t know if the developer is working on a new version of the game and I don’t believe anyone has asked if they could make a modded version. I would make a modded version myself, but I would need his permission to feel comfortable doing so (which would be difficult since I don’t have and will not get a twitter account because I greatly dislike the website).

2 Likes

That’s understandeble, though if possible i would like to try and mod a version for myself. If it isn’t too much trouble could you send me the files for the layers?

1 Like

I mean, hey, could try to ask for ya if ya want? They haven’t really been active since January though, so dunno if we’d get a response, but I’d say it’s worth a shot either way.

1 Like

Yeah go for it! I really appreciate you offering to do this for me. If they say no to me making a modified version, you could also offer them the additional sizes I made.

1 Like

I mean, hey, offering help when ya can and asking it when ya need it is a superpower~
Anyhow, they do seem to have messages disabled on twitter, but their bio links to a marshmallow qa thing for questions/requests/etc so I’ve sent a message there asking about it.
Once again they haven’t been active since January, but we’ll see whether they’ll reply sooner or later, and hopefully they’ll do.

1 Like

Since a lot of people are asking for them, I’m going to put the updated sizes here for anyone to use.
Maid Game New Sizes.zip (561.7 KB)

7 Likes

Cool, nice.

Ttis a shame the game doesn’t have any events or somesuch for further sizes though.

1 Like

I mean, it wouldn’t be all that hard to implement really since the math should all be there on how sizes increase. Pretty sure it’s all done via stat upgrades telling a certain variable to increase. The only issue that might happen is that other events might not work right as a result since they are also probably triggered by specific variables made from those stats.

Given that it’s an in progress project trying to add those sizes would likely be pointless since they will probably have the character get bigger anyways.

Well, I know adding the sizes themselves isn’t difficult, already tried and just had to make a few small changes to the bathing events to make it easier, like unifying them into a common event.
Specifically, the game sets each of the variables directly based on character stats at the beginning of events which use them, and then runs the event. So all you need to do is make sure they’re set somewhat recently, either in the event or somewhere else in the scene, and then you should be fine to use them.
But yeah, I was more so talking about other events like the scattered clothing bits, npc dialogue, and especially event scenes.

About the in-progress bit, the dev was last active in January and hasn’t been ever since, so I feel like it probably got abandoned.

1 Like

Was considering doing it myself, but it’d require quite a bit of time refactoring events to make it less of a pain to add on to, and I already have other projects going on.

…Also cause I’d have like no clue where to go from here, other than updating dialogue for larger sizes.

1 Like

If I recall the last update took about like 4 ish months so my money is that the project hasn’t been abandoned the creator is just in school.

Well, if that’s right, then taking Japanese school holidays into account they should be back around either the end of July or the start of August. It’d be a bit weird though, cause iirc the Japanese school year starts in April rather than when they abruptly disappeared near the end of January.

On another note, their last abrupt break was between November 23rd and January 11th, where they did note they’ve been absent afterwards. Outside of that, they’ve been posting relatively consistently starting from June 20th last year up till recently near the end of January. On top of that, the only time they’ve mentioned school is in relation to a game idea, and no mentions of college/university at all. Work and vacations have also only been mentioned in relation to the game as far as I could find.

So I do doubt it given their pretty consistent post history and the times they’ve posted at. But either way, given they’ve abruptly disappeared for two months before, I suppose four-reaching five months without a notice isn’t that long of a time, fair enough.

Well i check his twitter everyday. And at least he is consitent with only sending tweets when he return. But what scare me is that in his update on nico game his game as the status of “incomplete”

Got an error

This was after using this program

I don’t know Japanese, so I don’t know which image this is referring to. :frowning:

1 Like

Their is life on his twitter i will try to use google trad to translate what he say.

And their it is. It’s the end of this project. If you want to continue it or have any question s/he will be happy to anwser and help you. No new project was spoken about.

From me : i think it’s was a good project with a great game mechanism and also with something i don’t see a lot : great illustration and pudgy and chubby stage. Would be great if that inspired some new project.

5 Likes

Really sad to see that maid vacation might not be continuing. Hopefully something similar gets made because I genuinely loved this game

5 Likes

Am I understanding this right? The game is not going to be finished, but if someone wanted to continue work on it, that would be okay? Just want to be 100% certain.

Here’s what they posted:

お久しぶりです
まずはお詫びを、メイドさんの長期休暇ですが正直申しまして開発進んでいません、楽しみにして下さっていた方、本当に申し訳ないです。
そのうち時間が出来たら再開するか、それともこのまま行方を眩ませるかと思っていたのですが少々意思表示したい事もあり顔を出す事にしました。
メイドさんの長期休暇についてはそもそも私が「こういうシステムの肥満化要素のあるゲームが有れば嬉しい」というある種の意思表示を表した形です
ですので表面上似たようなゲームを他に開発されている方が居ればそれは願ったり叶ったりな事であって素直に有難いと感じます、至らない点のある未完成の作品ですがそんなにオリジナル要素があるとは感じて居ません、誰かの助けになるのであればどうぞ参考にして下さい。
私が喜びます
以上です。
ごめんなさい、もう一点追加
ただあんまり見た目が似過ぎているシステムはやはり誤解してしまう方がいるのも事実なので少し変えた方が良いと思います。
私は気にしませんが気にする方も居ると思いますので

A quick and dirty translation would be

Long time no see!
First of all, I’d like to apologize for the long holiday of the maids, but to be honest, I haven’t made any progress in the development, and I’m really sorry to those who were looking forward to it.
I’m really sorry for all the people who were looking forward to this game. I was thinking of restarting the game when I have more time, or maybe I’ll just disappear for a while, but I decided to show my face to show my intentions.
As for the long holiday of the maids, it was my way of expressing that I would be happy to have a game with obesity elements in the system.
It’s an unfinished game, but I don’t feel that it’s that original, so if it helps anyone, please feel free to use it as a reference.
I’ll be happy to help.
That’s all.
Sorry, one more thing to add!
I think it’s better to change the system a little bit, because it’s true that some people may misunderstand a system that looks too similar.
I don’t mind it, but I know some people do.

So I don’t think so? It sounds more like he doesn’t mind if others make a game similar to it.

7 Likes

I think we got new game maker with same style

1 Like