A Piece of Cake / C'est de la tarte (le français)

It was a fresh install of 0.12, and I was living in the apartment. Anyhow, kinda gave up on the game for now, since sudden errors seem to be a little too common for now. The biggest offender being that an error popped up on the day transition, meaning that I couldn’t advance at all anymore. Tried doing a different action to end the day, tried changing clothes, but nope - still got the error.

Those having problems should first install 0.12, apply the dingotush auto-patcher first, THEN copy over files from jimbo’s 20.12 scripts.

That removes most of the errors, apart from one that happens lategame but that’s due to weight calculation throwing up division by 0 errors.

And in case it wasn’t obvious, any 0.11 saves are unusable in 0.12 and should be deleted if you’re updating.

This is honestly such a fantastic game, my dream game. This has potential to compete with Noone’s game for one of the best of all time

3 Likes

@jimbobvii: Thanks for doing that. Hopefully I’ll have an updated version in a few days. Well, it’s done, I’m just playing through as to make sure there aren’t any obvious mistakes.

Yes, it did only patch the two files; the result of being hacked together in a bit of a hurry.

I’ve as first cut of a patch for v0.12:

patch-poc-v0.12-a.zip

You’ll need to download and unpack v0.12 of the game first of course. The patch is just translations, it can’t make your v0.11 game a v0.12 one! Follow the steps in the patch’s readme and you should be good.

Save games from v0.11 won’t work in v0.12 (in either language) so you will have to start a new game. I haven’t played through all the new content yet, so there might yet be issues.

3 Likes

So, I tried using the translation patch directly above, but it only gives me this message whenever I try to start the game. So… yeah, what did I do wrong?

"I’m sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While parsing C:\Users\Asgaroth\Downloads\Cestdelatarte-0.12-pc/game/script.rpy.
UnicodeDecodeError: ‘utf8’ codec can’t decode byte 0xc3 in position 203566: invalid continuation byte

– Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File “C:\Users\Asgaroth\Downloads\Cestdelatarte-0.12-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py”, line 314, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File “C:\Users\Asgaroth\Downloads\Cestdelatarte-0.12-pc\renpy\main.py”, line 373, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File “C:\Users\Asgaroth\Downloads\Cestdelatarte-0.12-pc\renpy\script.py”, line 271, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", “.rpy”, dir, fn, initcode)
File “C:\Users\Asgaroth\Downloads\Cestdelatarte-0.12-pc\renpy\script.py”, line 747, in load_appropriate_file
data, stmts = self.load_file(dir, fn + source)
File “C:\Users\Asgaroth\Downloads\Cestdelatarte-0.12-pc\renpy\script.py”, line 568, in load_file
stmts = renpy.parser.parse(fullfn)
File “C:\Users\Asgaroth\Downloads\Cestdelatarte-0.12-pc\renpy\parser.py”, line 2861, in parse
lines = list_logical_lines(fn, filedata, linenumber)
File “C:\Users\Asgaroth\Downloads\Cestdelatarte-0.12-pc\renpy\parser.py”, line 215, in list_logical_lines
data = f.read().decode(“utf-8”)
File “/home/tom/ab/x64lucid-deps/install/lib/python2.7/encodings/utf_8.py”, line 16, in decode
UnicodeDecodeError: ‘utf8’ codec can’t decode byte 0xc3 in position 203566: invalid continuation byte

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren’Py 7.3.2.320"

My first guess would be that you have an unusual locale set; have you been tweaking things for Japanese games? I think this happened to @SomeInvisiblePerson about a month ago in this thread (though their error is a little different).

Next question: did the game work before it was patched?

Hmm… I may have done something like changing locales to make a game work one time, but it was quite some time ago, so I don’t remember the details. As for the game itself, the un-patched version works just fine. It even works when I restore the files to their original state after patching them.

Edit: Yo, about the locale change - I just recalled that I did that on a different PC, not on the one I’m currently using for this game.

And your system locale is set to English?

The author has put up a pre-patched English version of 0.12 on the game page, so you could try that instead, although that may not work any differently.

Actually, I played version 0.11 by using the pre-patched game from the itch.io page. It’s just that, for some reason, the game doesn’t seem to like it when I patch it manually. Oh, well, now that the author has put up an English version, I’ll be sure to use that.

@Cr0me: the pre-patched game you can download is just one where my patcher has already been run on the game. Does that work for you? I must admit that I’m curious as to why there’s a problem.

Is there a wiki or something to get started easy or a way to like not die but still gain weight in areas you want

@Connor_Mathews there’s no Wiki or Walkthrough that I know of. You have to take things really easy at the start until you can get out of the tent - your priority has to be making money; don’t try to gain weight much at this time. Have a look back at my reply to @Catqueen around Oct 11th. Alternatively try one of the easier start options in v0.12 that avoids the tent phase of the game.

3 Likes

@dingotush I chose the easy start and the rich town but if you don’t eat till you can’t anymore you get into the hospital but if you eat to avoid that you also get sent to the hospital and the only way to avoid the last one is to go back and exercise. Edit: I forgot to mention i only eat the pasta and average around 1000 or so bucks and when i break that i buy a lab assistant. Edit 2: drinking water doesn’t work it says " You’re not thirsty anymore"

Not related but i saw a picture of a toilet high on a mountain with a view of a city

Question how do i get the barbeque since i can’t find it when i click on garden

Barbecue is from having the right tier of housing and enough stomach capacity - it’s in the kitchen rather than the garden.

1 Like

i have a problem: I’m sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File “game/script.rpy”, line 1934, in script
$ grasChange(((gras/(1+(10-ptaa)))+(gras/(1+(10-ptbb)))+(gras/(1+(10-ptcc)))+(gras/4)))
File “game/script.rpy”, line 1934, in
$ grasChange(((gras/(1+(10-ptaa)))+(gras/(1+(10-ptbb)))+(gras/(1+(10-ptcc)))+(gras/4)))
ZeroDivisionError: integer division or modulo by zero

– Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File “game/script.rpy”, line 1934, in script
File “C:\Users\Reta\Documents\Cestdelatarte-0.12-pc\renpy\ast.py”, line 912, in execute
renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
File “C:\Users\Reta\Documents\Cestdelatarte-0.12-pc\renpy\python.py”, line 2004, in py_exec_bytecode
exec bytecode in globals, locals
File “game/script.rpy”, line 1934, in
ZeroDivisionError: integer division or modulo by zero

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren’Py 7.3.2.320
C’est de la tarte ! A piece of cake ! 0.12
Mon Nov 25 18:22:23 2019
it only happens after i chose breasts when i was given a fan message that let me choose to accelerate the growth of something

how would i get to that part since i reached the house and is about to hit the villa