A Piece of Cake / C'est de la tarte (le français)

No, it’s not supposed to look like that! More like this:

o balançant librement dans un t-shirt prêt à exploser.
swinging freely in a t-shirt ready to explode.

It may be a locale problem, though I thought Unicode was supposed to fix that kind of thing? I’m not sure what I can do about that. Do the copies of the game script.pyc also look not-French to you?

It did, but yeah it was all just a locale issue. Changed that back, unpacked the game fresh, deleted the generated patch files, ran the patch again, and now the game launches fine and the files are using French. Sorry to have troubled you over something that was all on my end.

i patched the game with the new patch( already had the old one) and it seems patched when i play the game, but strangely the two files for translation are not showing up an the patch folder, am I doing something wrong?

@Sekeis: If you are talking about the two generated xyz-mapping.txt files, they are put where the patch program and readMe are, not in the game folder. Make sure you unzip the patch, rather than just navigate into it with the file explorer (which only temporarily unpacks it- sort of).

I’ve just updated the patch to get rid of one broken variable, add the restore option, and improve a few translations. You can just patch over the top of an existing patch if you’ve already used the last version.

2 Likes

Hi How can i manage my health without dying im always crash at critical health every time and how to make it better

@dingotush i have it unzipped but it didn’t appear in the folder after patching, will try your new version from today, maybe it does work better dir whatever reason

still want to say ty for the translation, so much better to understand now and better to read^^

1 Like

@sadfox09: It’s a tricky balance at the beginning to get both your health and well being up while earning money. Your tent drags both of these down, so you need to avoid too much stress (working), and do things to relax as well. Don’t focus so much on gaining until you’ve got living sorted. As you improve your dwelling, even to the shack, things get easier.

Is it me or is it night on impossible to increase the apparent weight of the player character? As their KG goes up, their breasts and butt grow, but every time you look at yourself you still describe yourself as skeletally thin.

Okay, last update for tonight. There’s a new version of the patcher that can also handle the Mac version of the game (but, not on a Mac - for reasons, see the ReadMe).

Parvinjaan has put a pre-patched version of the game on their itch.io. Hopefully a Mac version will follow now I’ve fixed the patcher.

Yes you can play it on a Mac! (before anyone asks). I even have a patched version running on mine right now, hopefully an official pre-patched one will be available soon.

And a quick note about loading save games created before patching:

• Your eye colour will retain the French colour name.
  • You should change your clothes at the earliest opportunity.
    (this may stop some events triggering properly until you do)
  • Similarly, get your hair styled and coloured.
  • There will be a mix of English and French in the descriptions
    until the next morning.

After that you should be good, apart from the eye colour thing.

6 Likes

@storymaker: It is difficult at the start to gain. In fact I’d suggest staying thin until you’ve built up your health and well-being and possibly moved into a better place. At the start you are losing 3 health and 3 well being per day from being in your tent, and one well being for each job. Jogging restores 3 health and one wellbeing, walking or reading a romance novel restores 1 well being. So, one work, a jog or two, and some leisure is what you need. Once your health is excellent you get an extra action. Low well-being reduces your weight overnight; it seems you don’t stress-eat!

The description is based off your BMI, so you need to get it up to 20 to stop being thin - it’s more difficult if you are taller I think.

Once you upgrade your house things get easier, and when you do start to gain you can eat more, and things take off.

1 Like

I don’t think so. I had my character up to 40+ on BMI then spammed diet pills and the skinny description came back. I really can’t figure out what it’s tracking.

1 Like

Was about to say. My current save is sitting in a palace at 138 kg, a BMI of 33, GG breast and 7XL butt and still looks ‘thin enough to almost see through’ according to the self-inspection.

1 Like

Quick question: I got a red bar with three black lines in it that appeared on my screen after tossing and turning from overeating. Does that mean anything?

Edit: given I shortly after dropped dead, I’m assuming that was related

Those three black lines are the letters ‘I’ (capital i) , ‘l’ (lowercase L), and another ‘l’ (lowercase L). :wink: It’s not a great font choice for this word. I might have to change it to ‘Poorly’. If you click on it it tells you what you need to do to get better.

1 Like

Just FYI, a pre-patched English Mac version is now available to download.

What are the thing to get relax

I’m running into the problem where even a glass of water is too much to eat. Anyone know why?

1 Like

If you scroll up, dingo has an earlier post where he lists a few things that improve health and well being. Walking and reading a romance novel at the library are two of them. Jogging gives you three health and one wellness. Not sure what swimming does.

If your black bar is totally full, then your character can’t stuff another ounce down their throat. Be careful about not running out of actions in that state. I did, and my character dropped dead from being over full.