A Piece of Cake / C'est de la tarte (le français)

i got 100+ of bmi…

I think my game is broken. I don’t have any new options in the Villa or Palace

@Catqueen: Things are hard at the start. You’ll have to spend one action on work, one on jogging around the town, and the rest on relaxing (walking around the town and reading in the library are good) to get your health and well-being up as well as saving your cash. Don’t try to deliberately gain until you’ve managed to get out of your tent, and avoid meeting up with your old classmate too.

The good news is that the developer is working on different start options that offer an easier option.

@tharsus: It sounds like you’ve reached the end of the current content. Check you achievements on the computer. If you’ve got them all then your basically done (for now).

I think it is hard to lose weight (I’m guessing that is deliberate!). You need to get your stomach capacity down with the medications, walk or cycle everywhere, and obviously exercise.

There’s nothing more to unlock with the bloating once you can have a siesta, but each session still increases her capacity.

There’s no explicit bloat yourself option, but drinking lots of water (free) is useful at the start to avoid getting hunger pangs at night without costing you money.

The dev is active on their own discord, I’d seriously advocate those who like the game to join it and show them your appreciation as well as making any suggestions. Don’t worry, the channels are a mix of French and English.

1 Like

Aww, that wasn’t what I wanted to hear! I’ll admit, I started poking through the translated dialogue lines and it seems like there’s content I’ve missed, so I assumed it kept going. Well, it’s certainly a neat game (if not a little bit grindy).

I’ve fixed some broken variable references, and tidied up a few things, so here’s a new patch for you all. Just apply over any previous version or the pre-patched download. Instructions in the enclosed ReadMe.

2 Likes

I cant figure out how to get the patch to work

@Fpiggit: How far are you getting?

I’m in a similar boat to Fpiggit. The instructions in the Read Me state to single click on open button on the folder to bring up the patch option. Unfortunately, that doesn’t come up for me at all.

@Fpiggit, @LeftHandManGary: Sorry if it isn’t clear from the readme. I hope the little screenshot below helps.

• The first open button is top right. Clicking on it brings up the file selection pop-up.
  • Then navigate to the game folder - on mine it always starts in Documents, so I go up one, then double click the folder for Downloads, then single click Cestdelatarte-v0.11-pc-en to highlight it.
  • Then click on the file selector’s open button.

• The pop-up closes, the full path appears in the input box, and the status should change to “Ready to patch”.

ready

• Click on the Patch button:

patched

• Various messages in the progress window, but you should see “Game patched! Enjoy.” just above that.

What is happening on your systems?

Not that. My screen doesn’t look a thing like that. Just walking my dog, will test further in a moment.

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I didn’t know but there’s a limit on how many posts you can respond to before someone else replies, so I was effectively locked out.

The main effect currently of the villa and palace is that your increased comfort means that your stress/well-being improves, which offsets other effects. You can go to your own garden, sunbathe, and swim (so you don’t lose the weight you’d have from travelling into the town), and the palace has a library where you can read I think. There’s not a whole lot more content for them though - I guess we have to wait for Parvinjaan to write more!

Okay, I think I’ve figured out part of my problem. I was trying to launch it from windows explorer, not from Java. Should hopefully have it figured out now, but we’ll find out shortly.

Have you figured out some of the things that lose you weight? I’ve got some sorted, but a couple like working or the pool I’m not too certain about.

Edit: game patched successfully!

Is this correct?

i think i may have expanded my stomach too much in this game since i now can eat like 5 whole pizza’s and still starve to death lol

1 Like

@Fpiggit: It looks like you’ve patched a game that already had some translations (the patch translation option is available) and other changes applied to it as there’s English text in the backup of the game file, which should only have French in it. It looks to be only around the skin and hair colour options, so I imagine the game will work, though the request for a translation of “true” is curious.

If you want to be sure then patch a clean download from Parvinjaan’s itch.io.

1 Like

@LeftHandManGary: I’m glad you got the patch working. It should just work from windows explorer, but some archive tools register themselves as the default handler for .jar files and that messes things up.

There’s nothing that specifically causes weight loss - what you have to do is end the day below the 3/4 mark on the hunger bar, but not so low you end up starving overnight. It may help to reduce your stomach capacity before trying this as it makes it a bit more controllable.

I’m going to be away for a few weeks, and during this time there is likely to be a v0.12 update which will be in French only. I’m not likely to be able to do any translation work until my return.

You could try patching it with the existing patcher, which will leave the new bits in French, but the existing unchanged content in English. That might work.

If there’s anyone here who can help with the translations (ie. read French, but write in English) I would appreciate some help. PM me?

how to make the friend gain weight and not continuously lose it?