Abducted! A WGHFY Story (V4 out Now!)

Upon reading all the comments here, in retrospect I should’ve known there were still bugs left in the game that I needed to deal with.

I didn’t originally have that many plans to continue development of this game die to running into a creative dead end during development. However, seeing that there are bugs that need fixing, I will probably look into fixing things up in the New Year (Unless someone beats me to the punch and starts developing the game themselves, that’d be pretty neat).

For now, though, this game has kinda been low on my list of priorities due to a mixture of being busy, having writer’s block and simply focusing on trying to develop newer projects (which have also hit road blocks due to writer’s block).

6 Likes

It’s been a while since I’ve looked into this game, but I’ll try to explain as best as I recall:

This game was kinda built by piggybacking off the design lessons I learned making The Lipomancer’s Ruins, since I made this game I an effort to try and figure out how I could translate the code from Harlowe into Sugarcube (this game was a success on that part), so in retrospect I feel like I leaned too far into the random wandering aspect of the game.

There are a few options that get unlocked through wandering (in fact, iirc all unlockable options are introduced via wandering). Also, the server at the cafeteria is a bit of a jerk, probably because he keeps having to work overtime feeding all these scientists (and hasn’t had a day off in 12 parsecs).

As for the helping thing, Humans are pretty small by galactic standards (in height, at least). So you’re capable of fitting into tighter spaces than most other species, at least in the early game. Later on the other special quirk that Humans seem to have that other races don’t will eventually render that advantage moot, though.

5 Likes

the thread bump inspired me to break the game in the least anticipated way possible

achieved this by eating two sandwiches then exercising all day; not sure why it avoids the underweight ‘game over’ but it is very amusing

5 Likes

Nice.

5 Likes

just wanted to say that I absolutely love your game! im jnsure if you have made anything else (not too sure how to use this website really, but I would absolutely to check out any other work you begin to create! ^^

3 Likes

First of all, welcome @Gaining_Goals. There are a few different things you can do if you’re interested in seeing if a user has some other posts. If you simply highlight and click on Somchu’s name on a post you can bring up thier profile by clicking a second time on the banner that pops up. In thier profile you can see things such as, top topics, replies, and links. This might give you atleast a place to start in searching out other games by the same dev (if they have any).

There is also a user maintained list of games in which anyone who has reached Trust Level 1 can edit and add games to the post. The list is does not contain all the games on the site (yet), but relies on members of the community to help fill out the list.

With all that said I believe @Somchu has one other game The Lipomancer’s Ruins.

5 Likes

thank you so much for the help! ^^

4 Likes

Yeah, Lipomancer’s Ruins is all that comes to mind and it’s a pretty solid one.

1 Like

Is there a way to increase how much weight we can gain before becoming immobile?

sadly, no. i remember asking something in a similar vein for lipomancer’s ruins. a strength upgrade gained from exercise specifically, and somchu said it wasn’t in their line of expertise just yet

2 Likes

@Somchu I have to say, I absolutely adore this game. “Endless” text adventures are my jam for this stuff. Finally made an account just for this very post.

You did so many things I like mechanically, such as events being random during exploration (Seems not to be everyone’s favorite heh) I enjoyed it enough that I actually created some ‘content’ for personal use.

Made it so through the magic of science you avoid the immobile end or decline the magic of science and get the ending as normal. Added some more adaptive dialogue based on weight etc. Added a house call option for Dr. Halessie with some alternate dialogue and replaced the treadmill with another activity during the house call (medicine ball). The house call I only made available if you can’t leave your room at the end of your day and did not visit Dr. Halessie.

In the end, I guess I’m asking for your blessing. If I DM you a copy with my edits after I’ve taken some time to make sure everything is prim and proper, and the ‘quality’ (grammar etc) meets your satisfaction I could share updates with other users on this thread etc. I don’t want to add too much if I am the only one who gets to use it if that makes sense.

Sorry for the wall of text, and of course thank you very much for the game~

17 Likes

Feel free to mess around with the game as much as you’d like. I’ve been too busy with other stuff to work on updating it anyway.

8 Likes

Consider me intrigued for such an edit :eyes:

9 Likes

Same here, pretty intrigued :eyes:

6 Likes

Hello all,
This is the first release of my updates to Somchu’s ‘Abducted’ game.

I just call it “Abducted Plus+” as to try and keep things simple.

My apologies for any content or descriptions that may seem too short or lacking. I will need time to learn what kind of writing style people are looking for. Pretty much finding the right mix of 'Casual/Wholesome vs for lack of better word ‘fetishy’? So some things may get longer as I get a better idea.

For this reason I did not add any new weight levels to the character descriptions yet.

Due be aware I did not touch or personally play the uncooperative route that has been in the game, so some changes I have made could have messed with those.

Changelog

-Added a disclaimer to the launch screen regarding Plus+ vs Original
-Corrected typos from the Original release, I think I got most of them.

-PC Sex: You now choose a biological sex for your PC, only will effect descriptions and not content now and going forward. PC sex and Subject# now appear in the character description.

-Use shower: Gave the shower a short proper scene. The shower also now has a new optional use.

Added an options menu to the bathroom for the following items

-Toggle Descriptors (All off by default): This is where I will include optional extra flavor text options that some people may want for their character, while others would not. These are virtually painless for me to implement and apply. -Sweat- being the only one at the moment and gives the shower its optional use. Exercise/workout activities add a short sweat tidbit onto your characters description. Showering removes it etc.

-Update Old Character to Plus+: I did not want to assume everyone would want to start a new character , so heading into this option will let you choose PC sex, and add certain hidden flags needed for select new and future content.

-Current Content Plateau: Just gives a brief idea of the point you have access to all current content. (more important later on as I add stuff)

(That it for options at the moment)

-Examine Self: You can now view your PC appearance while in the hall, as you would in the bathroom.

-Laze around and watch tv: Instead of just the servant robot, Dr. Halessie now has a chance to bring the PC snacks. This is its own random chance, and can double dip with the servant robot.

-House call Dr. Halessie: If you are unable to leave your room at the end your day, and did not have an office visit with the Doctor this option will be available. It offers slightly different dialogue, and replaces the treadmill workout with a simple medicine ball one.

Immobility Changes: New scenes and options
This will enter the PC into ‘Chapter 2’ for new content/plot as it comes out.

Referring to my ‘I will need time to learn what kind of writing style people are looking for’. Comment.
I definitely wrote way too much for this part. It has been at least 10+ years since I wrote anything with goal of appealing to myself and others. I do not know if I retained that skill and may have wrote something people won’t enjoy etc. But maybe you will, time will tell.

-Immobility option 1: (Decline Treatment) - You experience the immobility end as it was in the original game.

-Immobility option 2a: (Accept Treatment) - Through the magic of science you will keep playing after the Immobility check. After agreeing to the treatment choose the top option to not have any changes made to your PC.

-Immobility option 2b: (Accept Treatment, gain a mutation) Through the magic of science you will keep playing after the Immobility check. After agreeing to the treatment choose the bottom option that references sci-fi/fantasy

I know some people like having some sort of sci-fi/fantasy aspect to their characters so this option leads to the PC growing a fleshy, muscular Tail - Similar and not unlike that of a D&D Tiefling

https://149658804.v2.pressablecdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/image-2.png

I do not think transformations beyond this one could happen, only because the core aspect of the game is resolved around humans being discovered. The PC constantly having to clear up misconceptions regarding humans and tails, I personally find funny. But anything else I worry would hurt the general feel of the game.

-Push it to the limit!: This is an option I added for players who don’t like watching their weight number just infinitely scale with no description changes being made to them.

After you exercise and are at least 800 pounds (immobility triggers around 750)
the ‘Push it to the limit!’ will appear that allows the PC to lose a large chunk of weight (25 pounds). Comes with a few sentence filler scene, but doing this every couple of days should offset most of the PC weight gain.

Bugs/Things to note:

I did try and test as much content with as many different scenarios as I reasonably could. So we should be free of any major bugs (That would be nice)

However, you may notice there are some large gaps between character choices/links at moment. I could not get them all as close together as I wanted due to the way I’ve been changing things. Ill keep an eye on it.

Abducted Plus+ A (WG)HFY Story - Version: 0.2 (Was extremely bugged for me, but will leave it up since I wont be around for about a day, to keep an eye on V0.3 which should be a lot better.)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1MpV5X9lyPj4r3RDKo8RIFTuTVe7zNiDn/view

Character Descriptions fixed: (mirror/hallway) should work flawlessly now. I broke something in V0.2 on my end at least, not sure if it was working for others. So it should fix some events by relation.

I separated the PC’s sex choice from the Plus+ update option in the menus - So people can change whenever, if they need to for any reason.

(This is working at the moment, I just have it turned off until I know if nothing is broken with normal content for real this time)
Added an option after the PC’s sex choice for further race identity if anyone is into that. In short you replace words with others. So people can play a more specified or regional human species of whatever they want to type in. Purely as an example, in the Elder Scrolls Series where there multiple human races, this can change ‘human(s)’ into ‘nord(s)’. Other words like ‘humanity’ are in there too, but they are more broad and can be left alone I am sure. But, the menu is there, just won’t have any effect right now.
~Someone technically could play a more unique/custom race with these, but some scenes may be weird depending on what was put in.

~~Anyway, I would very much like to start the ‘real’ content I had planned, so here is to hoping things work as I intended them now.

Unless I am forgetting something, I believe that is everything that has changed currently.

I changed the way some events flow, as it makes it easier for me to plop in content and insert those Toggle Descriptors I mentioned. So a good amount of time was spent was getting stuff ready for going forward and letting me add in descriptors as people ask for them.

For the next actual update once I stop breaking things.
I will be adding in a “new” named npc. and if I can implement them the way I want they are gonna be a goodie. So thank you very much everyone for giving me a chance and I hope you like what I have so far~

28 Likes

When I tried updating my character from a legacy save file to a plus save, both gender options make my character a male.

Spacing mistake in the reflective surface description.

3 Likes

Your writing looked perfectly good to me. I’d personally argue the treatment scene used single-quotes (‘e.g. this’) one or two times too many where other options like italics could do the trick, but that’s a very minor quibble.

Note that the gender designator just says it makes the character a male on output - it’ll still have the character as female afterwards in descriptions.

3 Likes

Sorry about that, should be fixed.

Try now~

1 Like

I’m glad its okay~

Thanks for the single quote recommendation. As I read through it again I do actually like the Italics for certain parts more.

1 Like

what’s the difference between v0.1 and v0.2? It looks like the post is the same but just the link changed?