Abducted! A WGHFY Story (V4 out Now!)

there’ll be an event when you become immoble. in order to gain access to the new area, you have to accept the treatment from dr. helessie and then wait a few days to gain access to the residential district!

once there, you just have to wander around until you come across a group of aliens having a big party in an event hall of sorts. the larger your character is, the more likely they are to be noticed, and invited inside. once you’re at the party, you’ll be able to mingle with people and start the quest!

4 Likes

I am personally struggling on occasion to be sure I have the most up to date download, and having control of the opening post would help that issue out a lot, so I’d be all in favor of a new thread.

5 Likes

Seconded, on the new thread.

3 Likes

@FlabTepes
—Don’t feel bad for the proofreading, that’s why I label it as test, and try and post updates before things are “done”. I can only catch so many things so matter how many times I read through it.

Fun tip for anyone who needs to proofread something. - Read it out loud, it catches SO many things. But like I said FlabTepes (and everyone else), always tell me.

One reason, we can only catch so many things is our brain knows what we want it to say, even if the words not there. It still Forks up every once and awhile.

—“You look at the variety of foods in the Stasis Fridge/You’ve eaten all the food in the stasis fridge…” That is just the old/filler text from the base game, thanks for reminder to update that though, I had forgotten about it.

—He will get a name for sure, just on the list. If anyone has name pitches, throw them at me as with other ideas (You guys telling me ideas is the closest thing I will get to new content) but Its also very possible its in my head already just in the making/backlog.

@namad
@FlabTepes

• Somchu has already given me the go ahead for a new thread, so we are good there. It will be coming in less then 24 hours. Just wanna fix bugs and typos etc.
3 Likes

Last couple bits of feedback from me then, as a sendoff to this thread! I’m glad that it’s been helpful.

When eating with the maintenance team in the cafeteria, if you are near full, it says:

“You politely turn down most of the food they offer, feeling quite stuffed. Though you can’t help yourself but munch on some of the snack they offer as you and the Maintenance Team talk about what’s on your minds.”

Snack should probably be “snacks”. And “they offer” being repeated feels a bit redundant when read out loud, but otherwise we’re good.

The only other bug I encountered occurred when I had sweat descriptors enabled. Exercising twice in a row in the hall resulted in no description of the exercise the second time I did it, just the line saying that you got sweaty. It was otherwise a big blank space. Could not reliably reproduce this however, so it wasn’t exactly a big deal.

And cheers to the new thread upcoming! Proud of you, taking the reins. :+1:

Edit: as for the maintenance crew…since they’re insectoids, maybe something bug-sounding that’s clicky and buzzy? Could go stereotypical sci-fi and make them a little more stratified, too, like they have a weird compound name related to their particular job that the translator has an issue with, but it’s traditional or something so they stick with it.

How’s Zictizixx Oversee-Make-Whole (“Zix” for short) sound?

Like, the guy knows he’s just a minor supervisor of the maintenance team for this lab, and will say as much plainly in conversation, but the weird formal insect names still get translated literally by the system, hence Oversee-Make-Whole, since he oversees people who fix stuff).

2 Likes

I decided to go really far into weight reduction just to see if there was anything there. (There is predictably, very very little.)

But the maintenance crew still says you like eating when you meet them in the cafeteria, even though at this point my character clearly doesn’t.

Update: I’ve concluded that there is no lower boundary on weight, because my character should probably end up in intensive care at this point.

6 Likes

Hello everyone,

Having gained Somchu’s permission, this will now be moved to a new thread going forward

Abducted Plus+ (A WGHFY Story)

Thank you to everyone who helped test Plus+ and make this an experience I wanted to keep doing.

Thank you to Somchu for making Abducted!

9 Likes