Abducted Plus+ (A WGHFY Story)

Thanks, though i found out myself through doing another playthrough of how to make weight gain more effective in the later stages of the game. I found out that stuffing yourself in the fridge does not greatly help weight gain so i tried wandering around the residential area and it helped speed the process a lot more.

3 Likes

Good catch! I had completely misunderstood regarding it bring the fridge stuffing option that was being referred to. I just thought there was some unexplained slowdown with the available options in residential and lab.

If I had to weigh in, I’d agree that maybe stuff yourself should only be available once you get a high enough capacity to handle it all. Maybe tweaking the writing a little to emphasize the character losing control because of how gluttonous they’ve gotten (like in the alleyway scene). That way it could be a reward for getting to higher capacities, instead of an unintentional trap option that gradually slows down gain for new characters if they keep relying on it.

Edit: it could also be a good place to utilize the messy eater and burp toggles, now that I think about it.

5 Likes

More mini-typos from the transition leading into Chapter 2 (with an added comma, “Alien is Relative, by the Way”)! There are probably at least a couple more, but the rest I saw were nit-picky, even for me.

• “crowns your impossible to miss ever-growing gut” contains two adjectives, so it should have hyphens within “impossible to miss” and a comma before “ever-growing”.

• “Over the past three days, you have been bed ridden. You have been resting under the heaviest (and warmest) blanket you have ever had, your stomach. It’s fat alone more than enough to resemble a small quilt.” “bed ridden” should be one word (there’s another instance of this later in the same text), “ever growing” should be hyphenated, and the last sentence should probably be rewritten to begin “Its fat alone is more than enough…”

• “I know how important your padding is to your races survival.” “races” should have a possessive apostrophe.

• “You explain it as it is, ‘You can’t stand up’ plain and simple.” I would rewrite the punctuation: “You explain it as it is: ‘I can’t stand up.’ Plain and simple.”

• “An evolutionary flaw that has yet to work it’s way out of the gene pool!” “it’s” should not have an apostrophe.

• “Most notably however, is a box quite similar to that of the temperature controlled cases you would see back home.” Missing a comma after “notably”–to make “however” a complete interjection. I also think “notably” should be “notable,” but the basis for that change is more subjective. “temperature controlled” is used as an adjective, so it should be hyphenated (here and in the next paragraph).

• “but not necessarily an increase to ones muscle mass, either,” “ones” is missing the possessive apostrophe, and the sentence ends with a comma, rather than a period.

• “The many-hued liquid softy swirling within, then proceeds to sterilize the planned point of administration.” I think you meant “softly”, and the second clause is missing the active subject (i.e., the liquid is not sterilizing you).

• “Afterall” is two words.

• “come into a blinding view” has an unnecessary “a”. That paragraph also strangely ends in a comma.

• “fat leaden body” should be “fat-laden body”, and the following sentence should have a semicolon where the comma is.

4 Likes

Thank you,

I changed mostly all of them.
Only a few of them were kind of ‘stylistic’ choices.

4 Likes

What is the average wait time for an update? Also because the game is supposedly endless would that mean you would be able to become the size of a planet? :flushed: (The second part is a joke though i do wonder if there will ever be a limit to the size you could get to once the game is complete)

3 Likes

— Wait time is kind of all over the place. When I first started Plus+, back on the original topic. I was putting things out pretty often / every couple of days. But they were closer to bread crumbs, events here there.

I have a bad habit of making things more involved than I think most people care about.

So this Zone coming up is going to be released in its entirety, despite my normal plan of 'half now (people break it while I work on the second part) half later.

I also have a couple of content contributors now as well, so they are adding in a good deal of stuff as well and helping test things.

So pretty much just to way things worked out, this update is a big boi update.

In the long term, update frequency (once a week?, two weeks? / lull) will just depend on if I am working it actively or if its in a lull / management mode while I am playing a normal video game for my personal time. Ill announce any lulls when I need a breather. Which I want to take a small one after this update is stable.

Remember when I said “I have a bad habit of making things more involved than I think most people care about.” - This post is a good example lol.

—Technically yes, you could grow forever since I don’t intend to ever create a true force ending finale. I don’t have a true plan to limit to anyone’s size, but it eventually reaches a point where suspension of disbelief kicks in VS me writing new weight thresholds that people care about or that can still be interesting to read.

I want to have the next update out asap. But since I’ve been on the receiving end of this before, I know some people like having a rough date that may be wrong compared to just words. (So Ill just say a week for now)

6 Likes

Okay. Well nevertheless i’m excited for the new update that will eventually come out. I tend to like reading the weight descriptions and with my imagination being fairly wild i like to think about what the pc would look like. This is also usually why i don’t like pictures to go with the text since there isn’t the greatest amount of room to imagine what the character would look like. Anyway, i’m probably rambling on so i’ll end this here.

4 Likes

I personally prefer text as well, for my imagination, so I totally get where you’re coming from.

Just spitballing my thoughts: I imagine an idea of the upper limits of manageable player character size (as far as reasonable weight tier writing, not raw endless numbers) could also come into more focus depending on if your living accommodations are ever upgraded.

It would probably be a good venue to narratively handle a character becoming so large that their mobility starts to be limited again, even post-treatment. A living space designed around comfortably accommodating for their size, maybe with unlockable upgrades and services. And perhaps occasional assistance from NPCs?

Edit: effectively, people could get the full “blobby, near-immobile” effect covered more thoroughly in a dedicated space, instead of needing to completely rewrite all other events outside it. (Save for maybe unlocking some lines of added narration in scenes, or changing the current walk/waddle/lumber actions to involve some mobility assistance or something).

Edit 2: Plus, for people who enjoy immobility (but since it would suck for the game world to be completely inaccessible from then on), maybe certain events (excessive stuffings, extra special affinity hangouts, etc) in the room could trigger a “temporary immobility” situation on the extreme end of writable weight tiers, where the character spends a few days stuck in the room being tended to, until they can head back out. They could have certain actions and NPC interactions they could do while stuck in bed, and after advancing a few days they’d be in the clear to proceed as normal.

5 Likes

Based on previous comments / requests. People have shown they are passionate about the “Maintenance Team Characters”

I believe they would better off in the hands of the community.

Thus, I am I handling them over to my contributors, they will be creating them as a full fledged Affinity NPC (Such as Halessie).

Their events / hangouts / fulfilling requests will be handled by contributors.
We’d be happy to read any suggestions for group hangouts.

We do however need to pick out a name for the “Friendly Engineer”, the one you meet at the cafeteria and at the Zone 2 party. So it seemed fun to let you all pick the name~

Added a new poll for anyone willing to answer it.

— Name for the “Friendly Engineer of the Maintenance Team” (2 - Votes Allowed) —

6 Likes

I like the idea, as the character of a team would seem to more easily accommodate multiple authors.

4 Likes

So, uh… I think I may have discovered a bug. At any rate, my experiences don’t seem to line up with what ToshDragonash and Somchu have been saying about how things should work. But, well… to be honest, I kind of don’t want it to be fixed? It’s definitely helped make the game a lot less grindy for me, anyway.

What I’m talking about, of course, is the “Stuff yourself” option in the fridge. Supposedly, it’s not a great way to actually gain weight. And indeed, if you choose that option as the first thing you do in a day, the resulting gain will be very underwhelming. However, if you fill up your stomach with other things first and then stuff yourself at the fridge, it will exponentially increase the amount you gain. And amusingly enough, it doesn’t seem to matter how much food you’ve already taken from the fridge. Throughout most of the game, my preferred method of gaining weight was to simply eat as many pastries and sandwiches (in that order) from the fridge as I could without triggering a food coma and then click the “Stuff yourself” option. To give an idea of how effective this is, at my current weight (a bit over 1500 pounds), if I eat all the pastries and sandwiches manually and then go straight to bed, I’ll gain 6 or 7 pounds. However, if I leave one sandwich in the fridge and click “Stuff yourself,” I’ll gain over 30 pounds. And if I use other food sources to get even closer to full before doing the fridge stuffing, I can gain over 40 pounds overnight. I’ve spent plenty of time wandering around, too, just to see all the random events, but when I get tired of that and I just want to get to the next weight tier, the ol’ “fridge stuffing on a nearly-full stomach” trick has been the most effective gaining method by far.

Again, though, I have to say that I’d actually be kind of sad to see this quick gaining method removed without any comparable alternative being added. Like I said, I only really used it when gaining the “normal” way was getting tiresome. And sure, gaining that much weight in a day might stretch the suspension of disbelief a bit, but I’d rather that than sit through 3 times as many days of just clicking through the same events to get to the next weight tier.

2 Likes

If there is a Remus, there should be a Romulus, and everyone knows that that would lead to quite a side-story.

6 Likes

Yes that is a bug,

But I already had plans to rework the stuff yourself options regardless.

FYI — if you are keeping that character, the way the fridge is set up, even if you use the bug. It STILL extremely hinders the PC’s stomach capacity growth. So that very could explain why you are gaining so little without using the bug.

In regards to comparable alternatives, there are actually plenty in game as of now (But not all of them are created equal)

It is all about trigger additional feeding events once you already stuffed for day. I just tested it see what I could get, I was able to get my 860lbs character to 889 over one night. So by the time they were 1500lbs. Their stomach would be much bigger, so that gain could even be higher.

I am trying very hard to get the next update out. Sorry for the wait.

6 Likes

Updated Main Post

Change log - Version 0.7~
Some content may not be listed here - Be it for insignificancy or secrecy

Zone 3 Content

Zone 3 Content (6 Wander Events):

—Hike (By @FlabTepes )
—Fruit
—Trees
—Grove (Restaurant / Event Hall - equivalent)
—Bird (By @FlabTepes)
—Restaurant (Menu is WIP for later)

=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=

Zone 3 Mechanics “Mini-Spoilers / Hints”

Zone 3 Mechanics “Mini-Spoilers / Hints”

—Fruit - 6 possible outcomes ( 4 good, 1 meh, 1 bad)

—Grove (Restaurant / Event Hall - equivalent):
Weight based RNG for proper entry like others, Low chance / High weight needed, but with 2 ‘attempts’.

‘Overuse’ comes with permanent / irreversible, depending on your POV ( Beneficial / penalizing) effects. Two warnings (50%~ of the way, 85%~ of the way) Will warn the PC.

Choosing to “leave” will greatly decrease the ‘overuse’ counter.

New Mechanics

New Mechanics

—PC outfit (Jumpsuit):
3 PC examine descriptions (Normal, Ripped, Torn)
2 Events (One event for Ripping, Second for Tearing)
1 Mini-Event for turning on the new toggle descriptor “Exhibitionism” (WIP) and ripping during public events. (Only 2 right now, Cafeteria Maintenance Crew, and Event Hall “Seconds”

Requires being in chapter 3, and having met Quistis. Triggered via Dr. Halessie office visit. Replaceable and customizable via text-Insert for “Color” and “Material”

“Rip” and later “Tear” based on the PC’s weight gain and level fullness. Only triggers from “Stuffing” Events”, or upon “Waking up”.

The most popular poll option was an “average” of “one week” for a full cycle of “new to torn,” assuming the PC kept gaining weight.
~Stomach Capacity, Event RNG, Forced stuffings, will all obviously play a large role in a large variable of possible “Time to break”. Please keep that in mind.
~There will be a new permanent poll to measure how close to that “Sweet Spot” we are… The “Time to break” will also remain a permanent poll to balance against it.

—You now get +1 max automeal powder with daily restock from every story mission (So only +1 right now)

—You can only ‘stuff yourself’ from the Fridge and UMP If they are fully stocked, and you can eat all the food within without triggering a food coma.

=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=

Past Zone Content

Past Zone Content

Zone 1: Lab (2 Wander events)

— (Three new UMP meals)

UMP recipe mini-game and corresponding UMP solo meal scenes (By @Debby2C)

UMP recipe unlock: (In-game scenes and character insert by Tosh)
(Scene concepts/outlines -By @Debby2C)

—UMP Meal with Kweht

Misc - Custom Race Options - Known Long-Term Dilemmas or Issues

Misc

Misc

—Stuffing yourself at the status fridge has a new scene (By @FlabTepes)

—You can stuff yourself with the UMP scene(s)( By @Somchu)

—Added 1500lbs+ Shower scene (Multiple versions).

—Added a few new NPC affinity lines/dialogue changes to past content.

—”Laze around and watch TV” and “Look around your room “now have different dialogue if you have reached ‘Residential and Recreation‘.

—Doctor visits, room or office, exercise events now also have a very small chance to regain/increase bonus stamina.

—You can now “return to your business” from the PC description menu to any zone that allows you to view your PC. (IE: Bathroom → Forest)( Residential and Recreation → Bathroom)

—Moved the ‘Hidden Stats’ menu to ABBI’s menu, and remained it ‘Statistics’

—Expanded the NPC Affinity menu and made the Stamina menu tell you if you have regained what you can of your max energy

—You can now select ‘Intersex’ as a PC sex after choosing your biological sex.

=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=

Custom Race options

Custom Race options

—Added $mouth and $lips text replacers for custom races.

—Added more ‘Pre-treatment’ tail descriptions (By @FlabTepes)

—Added ‘body cover type’ descriptions for custom races (By @FlabTepes)
Fur, Scales, Feathers

Alternate belly plate option/description for post game (By Tosh)

Retroactive additions of body cover descriptions in past scenes (By @FlabTepes)

=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=.=

Known Long-term Dilemmas or Issues

Known Long-term Dilemmas or Issues

— (Dilemma) Some and or many scenes include mention of something, someone or yourself, touching the PC’s bare flesh. With the addition of the jumpsuit these scenes may seem odd to some players.

Polls for: Abducted Plus+ (A WGHFY Story) - #108 by ToshDragonash

11 Likes

little question: how do i transfer a save to the next version? i tried to use load from disk with the new version, but it seems like it doesnt accept the save from 0.63

2 Likes

Let me look why that’s not working.

Edit: I am not running into issues, can you DM me your save?

Edit 2: @linkinator1234567 Okay, good to know~

2 Likes

forget it, was my bad. something was wrong with the save i guees… i did a new save and this time it worked.

2 Likes

what is the trigger for chapter 3? I am already 1500lbs but dont have the new options yet

2 Likes

You need to be 31+ days post treatment (Which you must be based on your weight) and have unlocked ADDI (If you have not unlocked ABBI/ADDI, you need to wander around more (Zone 1).

When you wake up, it will trigger an event with the Doctor which tells you to start the transition by ‘Chatting with ABBI’. If you have already triggered the starting event it will not replay and may simply be waiting for you to talk to ABBI.

Let me know if it still gives you an issue (DM me your save file if it does so I can see where the missing link is)

Edit: It was borked.

1 Like

Updated Main Post

Bug fix - Version: 0.71 - Chapter 3 transition was not triggering (Fixed).

2 Likes