Abducted Plus+ (A WGHFY Story)

new facility storyline was pretty cool! i’m really excited to see what all happens in chapter 3 from here!

if it wouldn’t be too much trouble, would it be possible to add neutral pronouns for the protagonist as well?

3 Likes

Did I throw a pronoun in there somewhere? If so, my bad. I’ve made an effort to not use gendered pronouns. Just the biological sex for character descriptions

2 Likes

treatment? I don’t think I ever got to that point before.

4 Likes

RE: the “treatment” (mild spoilers)

The treatment is in the transition to chapter 2, which triggers once the player character reaches 750 lbs. Without spoiling too much, the doctor finds a way for your character to live a better quality of life at higher weights. It sounds like no story progression will be gated behind increasing weight tiers, beyond that initial threshold. Your character can actually be quite active at post 750 and maintain a stable weight around that point, if you focus on exercising. Exercising in chapter 2 also has a chance to increase your stamina, letting you do more actions per day.

Edit: Some content is weight dependent, but thus far it’s mostly additional descriptive text or little bonuses in certain scenes.

5 Likes

oh no, you’re good, no worries! i was asking for something more general terms. like, instead of opting for male or female, you could choose to go genderless. my pronouns, for example are they/them, so that’s what i would use

3 Likes

Oh, they/them are the only pronouns for the PC I use. Since I didn’t want to force a gender
(he, she, [they and it] counteract so I had to choose one) etc.

At which point I am assuming you for asking for not even having the PC’s sex come up. Which I might have a work around actually. I can mess around with it now, Ill message you.

3 Likes

admittedly this hounds routine for their character is shower then nervously look in the mirror and scales, have a breakfast that quiets the stomach, wander the facilities and help whenever possible while alternating this with exercise(I try to make sure they exercise after eating one of the hall snacks), then nervous/stress/binge eat till full, repeat shower mirror scale process again nervously, then watch tv in order to distract themselves from the fact they no longer have abbi as a restraint or that abbi maybe in danger from addi and their own issues are flaring up in the worst way possible
For some reason I tend to envision them as a nervous wreck doormat with a troubled history that prides herself on her skills at self-sufficiency at her job and her skills in the jobs she has done, also extremely attached to abbi due to her ever presence in her life
Why I envision that I have no clue, maybe one too many sodas and sleepless nights?

4 Likes

Added a new poll for anyone willing to answer it.

If your PC chose to wear an outfit (Optional), and continued to gain weight.
Roughly how often would you like to replace/outgrow it.

4 Likes

confused. would this occur based on passing time or weight gain?

3 Likes

Weight gain, and people gain weight at different speeds. Example: Exercise.

So its just your rough estimate/preference.

3 Likes

Can’t seem to lower weight below 775lbs after treatment. Feature or bug?

3 Likes

Feature, it’s a deliberate choice to avoid messing with later plot developments. Basically, everything past that point is written with a large character in mind, so dropping back down to pre-treatment weight might cause weirdness with the scenes.

It mainly happened that way because Somchu’s original version of the game ended at 750 lbs, and Abducted Plus+ continues onwards from that point.

It’s the only time you’re going to see a minimum weight again, though, to my knowledge. Just think of it as your post-treatment body’s new stable weight.

3 Likes

I suppose that makes sense. It’s just that I saw some descriptions for slimmer characters post treatment when I was digging through twine for answers.

3 Likes

Is there anyway to make my character gain more in chapter 3? Whenever i stuff them in chapter 3 they gain very little weight and I’m not sure how to make it go faster. It has been relatively smooth to gain weight up until now. Other than that the game has been really good and i can’t wait to see what later updates hold.

3 Likes

How heavy have you gotten?

I think part of why chapter 3 might be slow going for you, so far, is that the new wandering zone (the forest) hasn’t been implemented yet. There are probably going to be more events that can help with your gains.

3 Likes

Oh okay. Thanks for telling me. Though i got to 900 at one point and then rapidly dropped back to 750 ibs after spamming exercise for a bit. I tried gaining the weight back and that is when it began to be really slow to gain it back.

2 Likes

i honestly think there is some bug in the code or something that messes with your stomach capacity if you click around too quickly. i’ve noticed a very similar thing at different points depending on how quick i try to go

2 Likes

Thanks, I found and killed the offending piece of code. I have regained total control over my character’s weight.

3 Likes

The “post[stagename]” passages are actually just a relic from pre Plus+. They were designed with the idea that the player could potentially lose weight to return to stages from before their clothes were shredded. Therefore, I had made alternate descriptions that don’t mention the player’s clothing or how tight they are that would appear after the player reached that stage.

Upon writing all this down I realized the question was already answered by Flab.

8 Likes

@beeker050209 @Tagmer

You gain/stomach growth shouldn’t necessarily be slowing down. As getting the PC overstuffed should be very easy between wandering and the food in your room.

Which brings me to weird topic, when you say “Stuff them” / and how quick you go - are you referring to the fridge ‘Stuff yourself option’ If so, read on!

If not, ignore me and pretend I didn’t waste your time lol

—So the stuff yourself option is kind of of an iffy matter for me. It is not the best way for the PC to gain weight. Ill use Somchu’s own words for this one
(From the original topic, I also cut out the parts that were not relevant with "—"s)

So what what this means is, stuffing yourself (via the fridge and sleeping over and over) slows your weight gain down as you get larger. As your stomach isn’t stretching as much, so you not eating as much. Thus, you are not gaining as much.

I had actually planned to remove it for this reason, since I was not huge fan of just skipping days and potentially “hurting” the PC. But many people on the original post liked it, so I left it.

BUT, what I’ve been considering doing is, making it so the ‘stuff yourself’ option only appears when you can eat all the food in the fridge and are able to continue on with your day. To prevent this ‘penalty’ the PC can face. But it has it uses, so it’s being left alone until I get better idea how people feel about it currently, as compared to how they felt about it in the past.

Exercising also burns a handful of calories of the food in the PC’s stomach so you won’t gain as much over night. Or lack there of, which leads to a calorie deficit. Which could cause even further weight loss.

If it gives anyone comfort, I can pretty much assure you there is no bug with the stomach capacity, it also is only calculated when you sleep. Just have to go ham.

@Lundar I know you prefer raw stuffing over weight gain, so would it be easier on you if I can brainstorm an easy way for me to let you turn off the PC weight reset. Since I know you are gonna be stuck removing the passage over and over as it is currently? Let me know.

5 Likes