About the SFOAS (Super Fatty Office Admin Sim) category

Keep giving her donuts, you should visit her at some point in the second or third day and there will be a cutscene.

1 Like

im pretty sure it is bugged so that she cant visually gain weight till one of the events

I don’t think that’s a bug. I think that’s just her trying to stay with her diet.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me.

Played a bit before having to do some writing.

Picked a female character and got the tvscreen/ EKG head.

Don’t have a favorite girl yet. Personality wise i like Pearl. I like Chloe’s design so far (and from the contest).

That being said, i got a game over on day three because i neglected to talk to to boss. haha

I’ll have to use the knowledge gained from attempt one to do better on run two.

Great work so far. It’s a lot easier to navigate, but there is some things I’d mention.

I think it would be good to differentiate between enter and exit buttons on screen. A few times I’ve found myself trying to leave the gift screen with the spacebar, leading to accidental multi gifting. which i don’t think is ideal. Might be good to put reminders on screens of the back control? It would add some nice clarity.

Also i noticed a super minor display error. When i put just myself on the diet program it lists “, NAME” as if there is an entry in the list before my characters name. Super small thing.

But again great work expanding this to a bigger thing. Looking forward to playing more and navigating all of everyone’s likes and dislikes.

1 Like

Adding onto this:

Glazed donuts, Cheese Pizza and Jar Candy have a neutral taste, which gives a … response unless the character hates neutral food. Speaking of which.

Chloe, Polly and Erika hate neutral food, Pearl hates bloody food, Jesse hates chocolate, Kathy hates magic food, Victoria hates cute food and Stacy hates salty food

Since it wasn’t obvious to me at first, I’ll also make a note about ice cream and cake flavors.

Vanilla Ice cream is salty, Chocolate is obvious, Strawberry is bloody, Cookie Sandwich is spicy, Neapolitan is cute, and sherbet is magical

Cake doesn’t appear to follow any of the taste rules, people just love it, like it or hate it for whatever reason.

Bloody Velvet cake is loved by everyone except Pearl and Erika who only like it and Jessie who hates it.
Cheesecake is loved by Chloe, Jessie, Victoria and Stacy but hated by Pearl.
Devil’s Foodcake is loved by everyone except Pearl and Victoria who only like it.
Ice Cream cake is loved by Pearl, Jessie, Polly and Erika but hated by Kathy
Strawberry Shortcake is loved by Pearl, Kathy, Polly and Erika but hated by Victoria
Lemon Poppy cake is loved by everyone except Polly who only likes it and Stacy who hates it.
Yellowcake is only liked by everyone except Chloe who hates it

4 Likes

Simple bug report from a new member (joined to make this) - when the ice cream truck rolls around, if you run out of money while buying ice cream it kicks you to the office. This would be fine, except that in doing so it doesn’t exit out of the ice cream buying menu. As a result, that menu can’t be exited out of anymore. Locks up the game.

Hope this helps!

I think I found another bug that may impact the ending

The cutscene that plays when the girl you accuse of eating the fridge vores you sometimes doesn’t work all the time. I think it fails to play when the character has a growing cutscene.

Crystal head! and as always, Pearl is the fave.

1 Like

You’d have to release the project code, because (as far as I know), there’s no way to recompile the code from unpacking the data.win file, if that’s something someone was savvy enough to do. In short, modding would be doable, but probably a huge pain in the ass for everyone involved. (It’s even easier to run the save file through GMS2 to decode it than it is to manually edit things.)

There’s a few PLAYER/NAME/XXX type bugs, but they’re not game-breaking. They’re just typos or overlooked lines of code, based on what I’ve seen.

Technically, yes, in that it would simply append a number to an .ini file for saving (which would require a different loading screen at the menu, because it’s set to load a specific file), but that would also add a level of complexity that would be a pain in the ass. If Impossiblesnail is cool with it, I can explain how to copy saves into another location, so you can swap them in and out manually.

What MightyHalberd and echumxbiaoef said. I triple-checked this (game and in code), and it works.

I had similar issues the first time I played it, but after seeing behind the curtain, it became easier to keep my fingers on spacebar and tab/backspace? I think maybe just my brain was/is broken.

Anyway, the game is great, and I love Chloe and Erika. Congrats!

1 Like

Sure I’m fine with videos of the game~

1 Like

Purchased it :star::star::star::star::star:

2 Likes

This is all very comprehensive I’m impressed people have found out the “flavors” despite nothing in the game technically explaining them.

The cake thing confused me because I thought it should be the same as everyone else but I forgot I set up the cake to have TWO flavors instead of one (no other gift does this, only cafe food). The girls will like it as long as at least one of their favs are in the cake.

I totally forgot I did this.

4 Likes

Yeah this one got found earlier too. I’ll be doing an update soon and it will be fixed~

1 Like

The scene has special requirements to actually happen. If the girl likes you too much or, is actually guilty, and thus won’t retaliate, (in some cases) they won’t eat you.

Chloe in particular is reluctant to do it, vs Kathy who will eat you no matter what I believe (I forgot the exact requirements)

Oh did you actually look at the code? I’m still very inexperienced and self taught so don’t judge it too harshly lol~

I don’t mind explaining how to save files if anyone wants to go through the process of manually moving them around. I opted out of doing multiple saves just cuz at the time it felt like a hassle I didn’t want to grapple with. In future projects it’d be something I consider.

2 Likes

Oh okay that makes more sense, haha.

I’m curious if there is a cutscene for when you guess correctly. I couldn’t find it weirdly enough, though when I played it I got the investigation scene where the girls all deduce the boss is the one who ate the fridge, so I suspect that sets the boss as the culprit.

That’s not the super secret ending is it? If it is I’m sort of shocked at how good/lucky I am at the game. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m self-taught too - you’re doing great, and everything was awesome. :grin: It’s incredibly hard to do all of this stuff as one person and produce something this polished in such a small amount of time.

2 Likes

I think I figured out why Chloe wasn’t gaining weight. I told her to stop when she was binging on brownies.

1 Like

Also, Jesse’s got a Southern accent, right?