About the Starbound Big Fatties category

A Weight Gain focused mod for Starbound

The primary focus of this mods creation started off as a simple project to test the limits of the frames for players. A body as fat as I could make back mid 2016. At the time, I liked the work so much that I decided to share the body. Simply for Florans only at the time. Slowly over time the mod got some clothing options, a new smaller size, various additions. Lately three whole new sizes and a bunch of other perks.

You can handpick the current selection of sized armor to give your character more identity. Where their size makes them bigger, unable to go through narrow holes. As well as slowing them down, and making them unable to jump as high as they used to. Maybe you even want to play with a system for gaining weight. Making it a part of the game, or to get into stuffing yourself into a huge blob. Perhaps you don’t want to be alone in this, and want to use tools to fatten up anyone you want. Friendly or hostile npcs can be fattened up just as well. Even friends can get in on the fun of gaining weight together.

It’s currently been over three years since I started working on this mod. It’s been a slow process to update, as I never was a modder starting out. And even still can’t call myself that. I’ve done many, if not most of the sprites in this mod. But a lot of the technical stuff was provided by so many who enjoyed this mod and wanted it to be even better. Increasing its quality further.

A thanks to pas_geneticist for helping with the protectorate armor back when there were not many clothing options.
One huge thank you to Joliair for fixing a problem with the mod early on about making armors match the races, and creating the outfitbags that have been a vital component ever since.
Another thanks to CorbinADtor for providing files to give the fattened sizes the hitboxes to make them take up more space.
Yet another thank you to Spreeuzaki for new liquids to enjoy.
Another thanks to Tobias1595 for a fix with the glutton badges dealing with the distortion spheres. As well as patching the vanilla foods to be compatible with the weight gain.
And a huge, huge thank you to an individual who wishes to remain anonymous. Who’s provided many things from the glutton badges, the lardshake guns, and currently working on the replacement for badges.

Wish to talk more about this mod with others who are interested? It has a discord. Invite only though, be sure to dm me for a request to join.

9 Likes