Big Gains. A new visual novel

A visual novel I made recently where you are a personal trainer. There are 5 clients total. It was inspired by the recent game jam competition theme but I started it too late to enter it there.

21 Likes

I thought there going be one of the game with each girls have their own ending to be with

I only did romance options for characters it felt like it would make sense for. Who did you want a romance option for but not get? I’m curious

oh the teacher mostly. since she away gain weight no matter what I pick

Interesting. I spent some time thinking of possible ways to romance the other characters. I will add it in and re-release it. It shouldn’t take too long at all since it is just adding dialogue.

I finished the update. If you redownload the game from the link at the top of the thread, every character now has a romance arc.

hey, just tried out the new release and it crashes on the new dialogs, here’s the log:

I’m sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File “game/script.rpy”, line 1282, in script
if lynneromance == True:
File “game/script.rpy”, line 1282, in
if lynneromance == True:
NameError: name ‘lynneromance’ is not defined

– Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File “game/script.rpy”, line 1282, in script
if lynneromance == True:
File “D:\Games\FAT\BigGains-1.0-pc\renpy\ast.py”, line 1830, in execute
if renpy.python.py_eval(condition):
File “D:\Games\FAT\BigGains-1.0-pc\renpy\python.py”, line 2035, in py_eval
return py_eval_bytecode(code, globals, locals)
File “D:\Games\FAT\BigGains-1.0-pc\renpy\python.py”, line 2028, in py_eval_bytecode
return eval(bytecode, globals, locals)
File “game/script.rpy”, line 1282, in
if lynneromance == True:
NameError: name ‘lynneromance’ is not defined

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren’Py 7.3.2.320
Big Gains 1.0
Fri Aug 16 18:44:49 2019

I fixed it. If you redownload using the link at the top of the page it is the working version now. Thanks for reporting it!

I don’t know if it’s a bug or not, but I’ve romanced all five women simultaneously, and somehow haven’t been fired despite how fat all my clients got, lol.

3 Likes

Is this android compatible?

Two of the clients get fat no matter what. My favorite arc with the teacher is the one where you tell her the correct advice, she loses weight over the summer, then gets fat during the school year because she ignores your advice due to stress.
Anyway, my thinking is these two clients wouldn’t want to fire you. I already made it so that you can’t retain charlotte as a client if she gets fat and this post inspired me to patch in dialogue with Allison and June where if you fattened them and don’t romance them, then they will stop using you as a personal trainer.
It didn’t take me too long to finish the patch so if you re-download the game now, it will be the version with this patch.

2 Likes

I don’t think so. I don’t know how to make it android compatible either. If someone else knows how I can send you the original files.

And now I need to do a playthrough where I give them actual good advice for losing weight. This feels… just wrong.

Edit: you can only date two of the women if you actually your job right, lol

1 Like

you can away lie to them. But damn my heart make me do a right thing

3 Likes

I did my best to make things different. This goes for anyone, if you have interesting ideas about different ways different arcs can go I am open for any suggestions. Each character has 4 different arcs based off of the advice you give them. Honestly arc 1 and 2 are really similiar. Same for 3 and 4, but I made it so that if you give them bad diet advice but good excercise advice they aren’t as fat and if you give good diet advice but bad excercise advise, they stay the same weight as they did at the start. Exceptions are that Allison puts herself on the good excercise program arc no matter what (seemed in character) and that Lynne’s choices don’t affect her weight. She can’t not get fat. I feel like a big part of being a personal trainer is having to work with clients you know aren’t going to get the results they want because you need their money.

2 Likes

Sounds reasonable.

So if I have this right:

• Arc 1: good diet, good exer
  • Arc 2: good diet, bad exer
  • Arc 3: bad diet, good exer
  • Arc 4: bad diet, bad exer

Looks like the link’s broken, Falcon.

Yes, that is how I set it up. Something else you might notice is romances for certain characters might not be available if you are in certain arcs. I thought it wouldn’t make sense for their characters and helped to keep things different.

3 Likes

Fixed again. Sorry about that!

Got it, thanks for fixing it!

1 Like