Big Pal Project - 0.5 (A weight gain mod for Palworld) (Released 4/19)

I am happy to introduce a project @ExtrudedSquared and I started work on here! A weight gain system for Palworld we are calling the Big Pal Project!

Right now the system is very simple, tying the pals size to their hunger. Keeping them well fed will keep them fat and happy but failing to feed them will make them appear thin. Also, the system only works on captured pals, so pals in the wild will always be shown at their smallest size.

Right now in this release we have 5 pals that can fattened up, all modeled by @ExtrudedSquared!

Releases

Install Instructions

Lovander

Broncherry

Dinossom

Chillet

Katress

How to install

1. Download and install UE4SS into Palworld (this is needed for the WG System mod)

2. Once UE4SS is installed run the game and load a world once. Your game may crash on the first load, but this is normal. Just try to restart the game and reload the world.

3. Go to your Palworld install directory and navigate to Pal\Content\Paks. If UE4SS installed correctly you should see a LogicMods folder in there along with a Pal-Windows.pak file which is for the base game.

4. Download the latest big pal project zip from the releases section and copy its contents to the Pal\Content\Paks

5. Start your game and you should be done!

FAQ

• Can I use this in multiplayer?

• Yes, the mod is currently client side only so should be able to be used in multiplayer games without much issue
  • My game crashed, should I be concerned?

• No, this sometimes happens epsically after updating the _P .pak files. Just restart and should be fairly stable. That being said we have had some reports of some saves just refusing to work with the mod. We dont know what causes it but if it gives you a ton of issues you may need to just create a new world as that usually fixes it.
  • Are you all going to add more pals?/Are these models final?

• Yes, we plan on trying to add more as we can and no these models are not final. We are focusing on quantity atm and plan on trying to do polish passes as we can.
  • This is really cool! Are you looking for additional contributors?

• Yes! Mainly people who are interested in helping edit the pals though anyone with Unreal or coding experience will also be welcome! We are being kind of selective on who gets access to the development discord so reach out to me on here, twitter, or discord if you are interested and we can talk.
  • What if I want to do only my own models/do my own thing?

• Yes, you can do that! The system is very simple and will work on any model as long as it has shape keys called FatMale and FatFemale. So if you want to do your own thing and still make use of the system just make sure you name your shape key that and your custom model should gain weight like all the others!
  • Are you planing on expanding the system?

• Possibly, I would like to do a more complex weight gain system but I am still exploring the modding api to figure out what we can and can not do.
  • Can I do inflation/muscle expansion/some other growth or expansion with this system?

• Yes, you just need to modify the models to look the way you want. As long as they have a Fat shape key on them the system will adjust what ever expansion you decided to do with the pals hunger.

Credits

Finished Pals

• Lovander [M/F Compatible]
  • Broncherry
  • Dinossom
  • Chillet
  • Katress [M/F Compatible]

• Azurobe
  • Katress
  • Elphidran [M/F Compatible]
  • FoxMage
  • Wixen [M/F Compatible]
  • Elizabee
  • Quivern [M/F Compatible]
  • Beegarde

• Caprity
  • Vanwyrm
  • Lifmunk
  • Tombat
  • Chikipi
  • Vixy [M/F Compatible]
  • Daedream [M/F Compatible]
  • Rooby
  • Flopie [M/F Compatible]
  • Mossanda
  • Blazamut
  • Foxparks
  • Relaxaurus
  • Bristla
  • Leezpunk
  • Depresso
  • Cattiva
  • Ribbuny
  • Dazzi [M/F Compatible]
  • Gobfin
  • Lamball
  • Loupmoon
  • Sibelyx

• Anubis [M/F Compatible]
  • Woolipop [M/F Compatible]

• Verdash [M/F Compatible]
  • Lunaris [M/F Compatible]
  • Cremis [M/F Compatible]
73 Likes

Looks great! I might get the game for this mod.

Are there any plans to make a fatter PC too?

7 Likes

ALL Aboard the hype train is reving up for this one!

3 Likes

here we goooooooooooooo

2 Likes

Bless and then some, cant wait to see more progress!

2 Likes

This is looking good!

2 Likes

Do Broncherry Aqua and Dinossom Lux count, or can we only fatten up the regular ones right now? Also, my Chillet has fins on its sides instead of being fat. It’s an alpha, so is there some kind of problem that occurs with alpha Chillet?

3 Likes

Not at the moment, @ExtrudedSquared is mainly focusing on Pals since there is more models you have to modify for the players. That all being said if some one else wanted to try to take on that task I would be happy to look into modifying the system to also apply to players.

Only the regular ones atm. Some of those specialty types are custom models in the games files and we are not sure if we can just drop in our modified ones for them or have to make edits to their specific model yet. And since we are focusing mainly on trying to get a variety of pals out atm, variants are a low priority.

Yes, we know of some errors with the Chillet model. @ExtrudedSquared has an updated model planned that should help.

3 Likes

Woah, nice work guys!

2 Likes

I did actually find some mods that changes the entire player model into something completely different and doesn’t cover all of the “selections” in game, AFAIK there’s only like 2 presets with this mod and it works fine…

PCs could work =3

5 Likes

I had a feeling the modding for Palworld was going to exist once I saw how the files were structured. I am happy to see this mod existing as well.

2 Likes

That was quite fast. Awesome.

2 Likes

I am DEFINITELY keeping an eye on this mod project :eyes:. Amazing work!

1 Like

Very excited to see how this goes! Especially if a whole weight gain system does indeed wind up being possible. Frankly I thought dynamic bodies for pals was overly hopeful by itself, so seeing that you guys have managed to do that already makes me optimistic

1 Like

Howdy :wave:

I’ll be posting some art updates over on my Twitter if you want to check that out. I’ll try to post some in the thread as well but for videos it just easier to post over on Twitter

https://twitter.com/ExtrudedS/status/1755714811931803900

5 Likes

Out of curiosity, does any extra work need to be done to add the jiggle to the models other than creating the shape key?

1 Like

Yes, there is a way to add some jiggle bones in but requires more work then the model edits we are doing atm. I think @ExtrudedSquared does want to try to look into adding them in at some point but we cant make any promises around it.

Ok so just for now it’s custom shape keys? I would be happy to help make some edits (rough probably)

1 Like

If you would like to help feel free to DM me and we can chat about it!

So that UE4SS mod, just makes my game crash on every world. I can’t even make a new one because it crashes as soon as I press create world, no character creation screen or anything so it doesn’t even create a world file