Bug Reports

Thanks for the report, though I’ll admit for the moment I’m a bit baffled by the issues you’re seeing. No luck reproducing them yet.

The quickly flashing purple box errors are coming from the Twine Engine, and are difficult to isolate because of the way I’m calling code (from several sections) on each page refresh. Usually it does come back to a syntax error I’ve made, or a bad piece of save data.

It is possible it’s something in that save file, but I’m not going to assume that’s the case. If you (or anyone else) is seeing something similar, I’d appreciate any anecdotal reports about the setup. How much did you cheat on weight?

As for that research topic error: the ‘topic’ flag is set in the game when you click on the topic, and that particular error should only appear if the flag isn’t set. I’m not sure how to reproduce this yet. XD

I cheated quite a bit. I can’t remember how many times I had hit the “add 50” button, but the save is for day 46 and I’m at 524lbs. Still, I’ve done things like that before and never encountered any problems. Additionally, I did encounter a couple more purple box errors (I think it said something about being unable to add a number, or change a number? It only stays up for a split-second so I just barely get a chance to read it) while playing in a different save file. It’s weird because up til about a week ago the only time I’d ever get those purple box errors was post-immobility, where sometimes one would pop up referencing my character not yet having a heart attack (prior to that event happening)

Quick addition: it seems as though the original purple box error I mentioned has something to do specifically with the 600-pound milestone. It flashes something to the effect of “cannot edit beyond 2” or something to that effect (can’t remember the precise wording)

I might have found another bug, if you don’t time the move in with Paul option correct and is forced to do so then the game kind of bugs as you choose the tomorrow option (get the prompt it is happening) then get it repeated the next day and you are still stuck in your original apartment without the option to move in with Paul.
The other options seem to be working (tested with the 3 days and it worked normally), and I understand the tomorrow option is not worth it but I like to poke and prod to see the result of everything.

Thanks - Good catch. The “next-day forced move” bug was a simple fix, and it was such a minor change that I simply replaced the last build to include it.

Amazing game cant the girlscout also not be added as a caretaker to open up a difrent path (she/hé van het to live with her mother)

I’m not sure I quite follow what you’re asking… but the scout leader (Donna) can be added as a caretaker as part of the better story paths. The method is described in the hints here: Quick Start Guide

Sorry i meant sarah she also Comes bringing cookies

I had planned to do more with Sarah later on, but abandoned a lot of those ideas (and even removed a minor scene that appeared in early versions). Some players pointed out her character may be underage, and her involvement would be inappropriate.

She could instead be changed into a chaperonne for the other little girlscouts making her a bit like donna

I’ve come back and played this game multiple times and each time it’s a blast! Love it, any new plans for it?

None at this time, I’m afraid. I still check in from time to time to field questions and squash major bugs, but I’ve moved on to other things. Glad you like the game though!

2 Likes

Well it’s a great game nonetheless! Curious though if you have any other projects in the works? This game but a lot of my favorite tropes and I feel like I’d enjoy anything you came up with lol

The game was pretty much a one-time thing, but you’ll find any art or stories I’m working on at Userpage of the_geekboy -- Fur Affinity [dot] net

For some reason, on Day 186 the game has an error that prevents you from saving to Slot 2. The other slots work fine, as far as I can tell. I’m on an iPhone, might be exclusive to that.

I’m not able to easily test on an iPhone – but I suspect this might be related to a bug I never quite solved on other platforms. It seems like most OS/Browser combinations have an arbitrary limit on storage allowed for Twine savegames, and my game is a space hog. XD

Worse, Twine insists on saving a sort of game “history”, so it gets worse the longer the game lasts.

So if my guess is correct, you’d probably find you can use fewer slots (starting with slot 2, but you’d probably have to free up more of them) as you went on.

It’s not much of a consolation, but the good news is that the “cheat” menu makes it much easier to navigate the game again, even without the benefit of saves.

Thanks for the report, and I hope you can reach one or more endings. XD

2 Likes

Yep, that checks out. I also lost the use of Slot 7 after I wrote the post, so I stopped playing. I have a laptop, so it’s all good. It’s a better experience on a PC anyway

1 Like

Website seems be down. It can still be played here however so that’s nice Gaining Perspective home page

1 Like

Thanks for posting up the alternate link!
The site is self-hosted, and I experienced some windstorms and extended power outages today. The main link should be back in business as I write this. :slight_smile:

I found an issue in the Donna`s 1st visit chain (the one after leaving cookies 3 times on the doorstep) - in the part called “More Help”, in the 5th “paragraph”, there is the word “cargiver”, where (in my opinon) should be the word “caregiver”.

1 Like

Thanks for the report! Since the typo is a minor edit, I’ve simply done an in-place change on the last main build.

1 Like