Burgomatic (BellyBelting and cocoacaesar's submission)

Different strokes for different folks I guess (and man, I wish this was what videogame coding was like!).

I will echo what was mentioned earlier that some QOL features, such as right-clicking to remove an input and holding the LMB to paint inputs, wouldn’t have gone amiss to reduce some of the extra clicking.

1 Like

I think a turn counter would be a great addition to this game. A lot of the problems when programming the burgomatic are due to when you mess up. So knowing when everything went would help a lot instead of having to guess. Maybe a separate action log too if you have the time.

I have a question, I have a working system but why is she not eating?

Did you bring the finished burger to the rightmost position?

I find the mechanics interesting but I think it would be better with a visual guide or a tutorial that guides you step by step because I already tried a lot of combinations and I do not leave level 1 but it is seen that the game is made with effort but I don’t understand him and I wish I could play it

Stuck on 2nd puzzle Need Help. :thinking:

So, as tutorial says I need to move order to the righteous position. I did it and level isn’t finished. Can someone tell me what I am doing wrong?

thanks for the Help :smiley: :star_struck: :blush: :sunglasses:

ok the next puzzle lettuce in the middle with cheese which in between the Patty how to solve?

This one you had to eyeball a bit. You have enough inputs to walk the burger back and forth between the patty, cheese and lettuce dispensers. I set up a conditional at the end to set the bun top and deliver the burger.

I get stuck in the symmetrical.
P.S.thanks to those who put the images, thanks to that I was able to continue even a little

Updated version:

Nothing major here, but I’ve streamlined the interface and included the tutorial in the README (mostly so you can view it while playing, but it also has better formatting and helpful notes on common difficulties)
The new interface features are as follows:

• Now supports holding clicks for multiple instructions instead of clicking once for each one
  • Right click will erase instructions
  • 1-7 are instruction hotkeys, Q-U are ingredient hotkeys

Sorry to not address all of your suggestions, but things are coming to an end here. That said, I hope I haven’t inadvertently introduced any bugs. I would be grateful to anyone who would let me know if the new version still works for them.
Thank you all for playing and leaving feedback.

5 Likes

symmetrical Puzzle is next Any Solutions?

I cant even get past the first one
this sucks

2 Likes

the issue is that it’s not a smart or dumb thing. It depends on how you think.
The sudo code for a counting function would look like this:
Function Count(a, b) {
print(a)
if (a != b) {
if (a < b) {
a = a + 1
Count(a, b)
} else {
a = a - 1
Count(a, b)
}
}
}

all of that is needed to count from 1 to 100 or from 6 to -10
and this game requires the ability to think up how to solve the problem
so once again it is not a smart or dumb thing it is a how you think thing

one more example is me, I can do sudoku all day, but if you give me a cross word it will be doing it for hours and only have like 3 words

i figured it out but now im stuck at the symmetrical one

uh What, all I need is the answer for the symmetrical Puzzle :flushed:

I trial and errored that one

I had it go: bottom bun → meat → cheese → to greens :then i had it go back and get them in reverse then i had it go across and get a top bun for timing i had to kill the first top bun and lock the last one

can you put a screenshot of the answer?