Chub Club: A Quest Adventure

Here’s how happy i am Meme - Mr. Bison: "Yes! Yes!" - YouTube

Disgustingly close to completion, this is about the time when Samwise Gamgee is giving me the inspirational speech and carrying me to the volcano. Assuming work doesn’t kill me dead tomorrow night, I might be just about to wrap this sucker up.

3 Likes

In before your next post is just a Rick-Roll link…:yum:

Don’t say that, not even joking. Lol.

Yes yes yes yes yes can’t wait for it, well I can

When the last quest inexplicably refuses to work but the game is pretty much done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqIAVodYbJU

And yes, that does mean exactly what you think it means…THIS BITCH FINISHED
http://textadventures.co.uk/games/view/1lustzayeusfe5jabgacyq/chub-club

YEET

(So yeah, this monster’s done. Admittedly it’s a little less open ended then I had in mind and I had to pare back a lot due to Quest not agreeing with whatever I was doing, but overall I’m pretty happy with this and I hope you like it too! I’m definitely going to revisit this again for bug fixing and tweaks, as well as adding stuff I missed the first time like sidequests and multiple endings. I’ll comment more once I finish detoxing from Quest, but its pretty straightforward so you shouldn’t be too lost trying to solve the few puzzles in here. Enjoy! :slight_smile: )

Also a last minute glitch I totally forgot about, don’t talk to Chloe again after the coupons appear, it mucks up the system fierce and I’m working on a fix soon.

8 Likes

Jazzed to play the game but it looks like I can’t speak to excited girl at all

Error running script: Error compiling expression 'Candy Dispenser.GimmeCandy = ': SyntaxError: Unexpected end of fileLine: 1, Column: 48

And spokento is an option on everyone

If i remember from the demo she’s the one progression is tied to right?

2 Likes

Yeah, can’t speak to “Excited Girl” which means I can’t get the order of clothes, which means I can’t continue on past day 1.

1 Like

I have the same problem. Cant speak to excited girl at all.

1 Like

Did anyone happen so save the demo? I’m looking through the files to try fixing the bug and it’d really help.

Well the good news at least is that I found the issue, I accidentally pasted over Excited Girl’s code with stuff from the deleted quest. Bad news is that I also lost quite a bit of flavor text because I saved over it so…yeah >.<

See above for my reaction.

Sit tight, gonna fix before the day is out.

4 Likes

And not to spam, but fixed! This should be functional by now, but just in case I have that Hades gif on standby. The spokento text is still there, but it shouldn’t break anything.

3 Likes

Heya Boss Tina works again and I am able to do her quest but, for some reason after dropping off her pants she keeps asking for more pants. Is there anything else I should do after that?

Yeah same here, I deliver the pants then can’t do anything else

n e e d m o r e p a n t

1 Like

I’m feeling kind of dumb here, is something supposed to happen after i give Tina her pants?

So far I’m only seeing demo stuff

idiot

I swear this game is going to be the death of me. xD

But as it is, I uploaded the corrected file and personally went through the game to the end to ensure this one at least is working, so it should AT LAST be updated! Just a tip for the quests in case you’re asking, you’ll want to talk to Chloe first every day, then talk to the other members and do the quests. When you finish the Quest, Chloe should reappear and you can talk to her again to progress.

(And again, don’t talk to her after the coupons show up again, after that point it’ll be pretty self explanatory what you need to click to progress, honest <3 )

1 Like

No worries dude, launch day is always rough.

Thanks for creating

1 Like

On day 3, I can’t give the game store drone his burrito, as it disappears after leaving the burrito shop.

Great game overall, I really love the characters and the writing direction.

Good luck in future.

1 Like

Thanks to you and all who like it so far :slight_smile:

And as for day 3, Try talking to one of the other stores when you get the burrito.

1 Like