Chunky Cheerleader - Chapter Four (Daz asset, Choice Driven Visual Novel)

4 Likes

Really excited to see this update! I have lots of thoughts and feelings.

I continue to adore many of the paths and characters. I wish we got more of Alissa as a feeder, without her kicking you off the squad and ending things before they get good.

Fat Alissa is possibly my favorite route, followed by fat Ashleigh, and then any feedee self route. Iā€™m really not THAT into mutual gain, so unfortunately it feels like Iā€™m fighting hard to make the right choices to stay on contrast.

I experienced an odd bug where when doing an Ashleigh path, I randomly got an Al ending.

I donā€™t like how railroady the game can feel sometimes. Despite the many choices and paths, at the end of the day, I kinda just pick between ā€œFat Player, Fat Ashleigh, Mutual Gain w/ Ashleighā€ for her routes, with the only differences between the individual choices within being specific fun events, which are nice, but feel emptier whenever they add to the same results.

Much more frustrating, however, is the frequent amount of times the game broke the fourth wall to say ā€œno you canā€™t do thatā€ when I made choices I thought might be interesting.

Bitching about things aside, I had fun. The stories vary in quality and interest, but are all generally fun and sexy. I really like the models, the girls look great at fatter sizes - too bad it ends right when it gets really interesting size-wise.

6 Likes

Hi thanks for the feedback.

The bug you mentioned will be fixed in the bugfix patch coming later on today. I view the novels choices a bit like a tree with each chapter bringing more story branches. However I canā€™t have endless branches meaning some scenes will lead to the same story path. The point of having these scenes therefore is to provide better replayability. (That might be a made up word).

As for the 4th wall breaks, it was a deliberate stylistic choice, I wanted the Narrator to be a bit sarcastic and judgemental of you the player. It would be interesting to see what the general player concencus of that approach is. I could always rewrite sections of narration if thatā€™s what most people wanted.

4 Likes

This was great, Iā€™m glad youā€™ve continued to work on it. I didnā€™t mind the 4th wall breaks, especially the one at the cafe with Alissa was pretty funny.

2 Likes

Hi! Is it possible to share a guide on how to reach certain endings? It feels like I can always reach just two endings for each character, and I donā€™t know what Iā€™m doing wrong???

3 Likes

Hello, there are 9 endings, three for each character. You should be able to find them simply by playing through multiple times for each character, making different choices leading to seeing different scenes and getting all the endings. However fear not, there will be a flow chart guide out soon to help anyone who wants it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I just wanted to say I loved the old demo. I donā€™t use Patreon because I canā€™t afford to support monthly creators, so is there a chance to have a one time purchase (maybe on Itch.io) at some moment? And will this and/or future updates become public in the future?

1 Like

Hereā€™s a list of some errors and mistakes from part one. Honestly about 95% of the sentences are missing periods. There is a lot of capitalization mistakes with the names of food and places, enough is often spelled wrong and some other general issues. With the amount of mistakes I was not able to document them all due to time.

There are POV mistakes with narration often the perspective switches from first, second, and third person very frequently. And the fourth wall breaks kind of took me out of the game often. The jokes didnā€™t land very well with me and were kind of cringey in my opinion. Maybe itā€™s just not to my taste and thatā€™s fine but I know I was often taken out of the experience because of it.

I do like what is here, there is a lot of content and different scenes to see. My favorite content was probably Alissaā€™s (due to the fact that I like feeder protag focused content generally and like submissive feedees as well) Ashleigh is probably my favorite girl though. And Ashā€™s route is a close second to Alissaā€™s for me. I think the visuals look good, the changing and of clothes, places visited, and girls feel different and unique enough to each other and the routes donā€™t feel the same which is good. I like all routes with the girls being fatter than the protag the most.

There are multiple instances of Alissaā€™s mutual and Alissa fatter week transitions that pop up in Ashā€™s route which I believe has been mentioned (not sure if itā€™s documented where it happens. For me it was the lingerie store and the going back the second time to the burger place during Ashā€™s route.)

I think the writing outside of narration feels fine, it felt natural to me and I liked the content that was there.

I also mocked up a little quickie guide for anyone that needed it before the official one comes out. Obviously there are many ways to get to the nine total endings (three for each partner) but listed in the guide is some of the ways you can.
Chunky Cheerleader Part One Unofficial Walkthrough.pdf (63.9 KB)

3 Likes

Hello, firstly thanks for taking the time to create such an in depth review. Part One.1 should be released this week, that will include most of the grammatical fixes suggested.
Periods are a deliberate omission, this was the case in the Demo too. A period (as Iā€™m sure you know) normally denotes the end of a sentence, splitting paragraphs up so that when being read itā€™s not a breathless and meaningless text wall. However in a visual novel where every sentence is punctuated by the click of a mouse, theyā€™re in my view unnecessary. Or maybe I just forgot to mention the game is set in a universe without correct punctuation. :joy:
In all seriousness I will endeavour to improve on what youā€™ve mentioned here, both in the fixes for Part One and the development for Part Two. The guide youā€™ve created is much appreciated.

2 Likes

Awesome game, absolutely worth the wait. All the new parts added are so much fun! I think most people are waiting to see if it will be released to the public to try it, which hopefully soon in order to attract more users. None the less, awesome game!!!

3 Likes

Hi guys, the Patreon now has a new version, PartOne.1. This contains bug fixes, spelling and grammar fixes and a slight balancing to help solve the fact that some endings are easier to find than others. Also Iā€™ve created three flow charts to help anyone who wants to see how the different choices directly effect the story paths.
patreon.com/ChunkyCheerleader

8 Likes

I really enjoyed this update. Itā€™s a really enjoyable game, and I finally just got through all of the new updates. I wanted to provide some thoughts.

Highlights:

• The sheer quantity of content you provided in this update was fantastic. There were so many different scenes that unfolded, providing so much variety in really fun scenes
  • Having three different characters each with different tendencies was really enjoyable and helps replay. I enjoyed the difference between mean feeder, nice feeder, and more partner in crime made for some fun contrasts
  • I love that cheerleading is incorporated but not the end all be all. It helps to provide some background and fun scenes, without being overbearing and too much
  • I really like how you can shift between different paths. So even if I start on the feedee path, I can turn it into the mutual gain path. It makes the game feel more alive

Critiques:

• There are enough spelling and grammar mistakes that it does make it feel less polished and at times harder to read through
  • While I donā€™t mind the narrator interventions as much as some others, there are situations in which it feels overdone and I would like to see it a little less
  • Some of the scenes feel entirely unrealistic. That isnā€™t to say they arenā€™t enjoyable! But it does feel like a total fantasy, rather than something that might actually happen

All in all though, this game feels like it knows what it wants to be and executes that very well, which is so much fun to play.

3 Likes

Thanks for playing. Iā€™m glad you enjoyed the game. Narration wise, a few people have mentioned this so Iā€™m going to focus on a more traditional narration for Part Two. Less wisecracks and forth wall breaks. Scenes wise I have put a post on Patreon for anyone who wants to contribute Ideas for scenes they would like to see.

5 Likes

Piping up to say I loved the narrator lolllllllllllll. Part two better be all narrator!

2 Likes

Only gone through one route so far, but Iā€™m loving it! Didnā€™t find the narration too bad in that one honestly

2 Likes

Interesting, it seems my narration approach really divides opinion. This might require a poll to try and sort out.

2 Likes

Patreon Poll results are in, overall opinion of the Narrator is to keep the same personality, but tone it down a little and none of those pesky fourth wall breaks. Work on Part Two is progressing well, I have plans for several scenes and renders are being done daily.

Patreon will Part One release here - patreon.com/ChunkyCheerleader

5 Likes

How much of a difference is the demo to the full release patreon 1st chapter?

2 Likes

roughly triple the content

4 Likes

Chapter Four Released!

Thought this project had died? No such luck Iā€™m afraid. Been very much alive on my Patreon and today is the release of Chapter Four. Containing the whole of Part One and Chapter Four itself, which forms the first bit of Part Two. This update features the new Vacation storylines and other scenes for each story arc. A total of 450 new images and countless lines of writing representing months of work. You can find it on my Patreon here - Chunky Cheerleader | Choice driven weight gain visual novel | Patreon

Not seen this before, want to try the free demo? Find it here -
Chunky Cheerleader - DEMO by Daxe (itch.io)

10 Likes