Coven of Calahree, Now Live! (v1.1.1 (Public Demo Available)]

Do a couple of quests around the town, then go back to talk to Malary. She’ll point you in the direction from there.

I am having the same problem actually, I have done the delivery, crystal shard and Dr. Balala quests but I can’t talk to Malory. Am I missing a quest?

Same did 3 quest and nothing tried to reload a save and did the same

Malary is broken in Chapter 3, at least for me, she refuses to talk to me and when I inspect the book in the room I get dialogue that’s from her point of view. Reloading or starting over doesn’t fix it either.

I knew about the book issue, but I didnt know so many people were having issues with Malary’s quest dialogue. I’ve fixed a lot of bugs in the past few days - I’ll take a special look at it later today when I’m working on Lady Dienro’s script.

Sorry about the trouble!

Hey, just wanted to let everyone know that I’ve gotten around to fixing this one.

If you’re on the Patreon, the main upload was updated a while ago with instructions on how to fix this with a quick map patch. You download the maps from that page, go into the data folder, and copy/paste them there, overwriting the original bugged ones.

If you’re one of my demo kids, then I’ll be uploading a new demo within the next few days that has this map patch already installed.

2 Likes

Oh Christ alive it’s almost done lol.

This update has taken a lot out of me, I’m not gonna lie. Between patching all of the holes that came with two great big explosions one after the other and putting it all together again, I’m drained. Without my ever-supportive team of bugtesters, I don’t think that I would have made it.

However! It’s here! The last big update before the final one and it goes on sale!

pleaseGoddon’tstrikemedownforsayingthatpleasepleaseplease…

I’ll keep it short and sweet on this one - the epilogue is actually playable and you can get into the Dev Room and you can go to Dienro House and…

There’s just a lot of stuff that’s been moved around here. I think that y’all are gonna like it!

Please be advised that I have implemented a Disclaimer Check that will mess with the HUD. Save files created before that point will not display the main character on the HUD, but will display the side characters. The HUD is going to be funky unless you start a new playthrough… a few other things might be funky too, come to think of it.

Save file transfers, beware!

As always, feel free to report bugs and issues that you run into. This is literally the best time to do it. The more bugs that I catch, the more bugs that I squash. And the more bugs that I squash, the better the final product is for everyone!

As a reminder, this is not the finished version! We’ve still got (here’s hoping) one more final update before it’s ready to go live.

6 Likes

Oh, and btw, that’s not a typo in the title - the Demo got a renumbering. So “v” is the full version, and “d” is the demo version.

hey there something wrong with current version look at this

2 Likes

The current version that is out to the public is a demo (hence the d in the version number). Unless this appears immediately upon booting up, I would assume you have hit the end of the demo. But you would have to provide more information if there is an actual problem.

oh i see… sorry for don’t know this, i was hoping i don’t have to pay

So I completed the demo and then got the full game, but it’s not letting me move my save from the demo to the full game. It suggested to save right before it kicks you to the title screen and it’s doing the same thing in the full version

Ugh. I hate how save files work in RPG Maker. They’re so inconsistent. I had this figured out for a while, and then all of the sudden (I don’t know if I messed something up or if like my good luck just wore off) it decided to stop working.

Basically, since you saved on that map with that event that’s already running, it’s going to want to continue to do that event instead of running the “full version” script.

If you’ll message me on Patreon, I’ll send you a save file that picks up on Chapter 4 so you can mitigate this. It may not have any equipment that you’ve gotten, but at least you’ll be able to enjoy the game without having to start over :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We love RPG Maker. Thanks though, I’ve messaged you

Atleast it can be an easy fix to include a save file with the patreon version if you can’t figure out a timely work around.

Hey, I am SO sorry that it took so long to get back to you! I just wanted to let you know that I responded to you on Patreon :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s a good idea, actually! Now that I’ve stopped moving around the switches and whatnot, it’s safer for me to include these sorts of things without fear of them causing irreparable damage.

1 Like

No worries, and thank you!

Not sure what happened, but somehow while going through Chapter 2 the entire village went from early stages to what I would assume were their endgame states? I even was playing as Ginny and, when talking to people, Gabby would show up as the face for the conversation.

Ugh, gross. I spent all day fixing bugs and then it looks like I missed one. Which version were you playing, and did you import an old save file? Oh! And also, where did you leave from, and where were you “supposed” to go to?