Coven of Calahree, Now Live! (v1.1.1 (Public Demo Available)]

Uh… I don’t want to think about it anymore.

1 Like

Back at it again - this time with a smaller update than last time.

Last month, Cicada Springs needed all of the attention. But this month, I managed to work out a quick update for the Chapter 2 and 3 bad ends so that they’d all fit thematically with one another. There are no new scenes added, unfortunately.

However, this is the first time that the Mac version of the game has been updated since launch! Moving forward, Mac and Windows updates will be happening at the same time.

Next month, in addition to having a Cicada Springs demo for everyone to play, I hope to have a Bad End for Chapter 4 ready as well.

10 Likes

Hey everyone! I’ve added a new update to Coven of Calahree - it’s mostly a small change, with new facesprites for Lady Death, but also with a new Bad End for Chapter 4! Three more chapters to go, and every chapter will have a Bad End. If you’ve already downloaded the game on Itch or Steam, it should just be a free update!

And, later this month, I’ll have the Cicada Springs demo ready for the public! I’ll be starting a new thread rather than just continuing here, but further updates to Coven of Calahree will continue to be posted here on this thread as they happen :slight_smile:

4 Likes

doing Lady Dienro quest and I’m stump were a key item is for her she says queen but i cant find the merchant in the fairy realm so did i just miss her or I’m smooth brain and went to the wrong place.

I’ll give you an unspoilered answer and a spoilered answer!

Unspoilered: there’s more than one “Queen” character that you’ve met in the game! Someone who rules over a different land than Aemple, and one who holds a lot of power.

Spoilered: Check Pandemonium. There should be a chest near Lady Death’s castle.

So I just fought the final boss and there was a chest before it that said that I should come back later if I wanted the secrets in it, is it possible to find it after ending the game or was it the developers room chest? Also is there an ingame way to see all the fat sprites used for the game? I’d like to see lady death again :3

That was the Developer’s Room chest lol - I figured that being able to go in and out of the Dev Room during the final act would have killed the mood.

As far as an ingame sprite sheet, unfortunately no. I could toy around with putting something in the Dev Room though!

2 Likes

Does anyone have any save files from right before some of the bad ends?
I’ve idly played through the first hour or so of these games once or twice, and i could have sworn I had the saves, but my only save is like 20 minutes in

1 Like

does anyone have a list of what current bad ends there are in the game so i can make saves at each one i would be very appreciative.

1 Like

I do! I’ll spoiler them so that anyone who wants to can find them themselves.

So far you’ve got:

Chapter 1: Lose to the Minotaur
Chapter 2: Make the wrong decision during Bunny’s sidequest
Chapter 3: Lose to Titania
Chapter 4: Lose to The Reaper

I’m planning on having something out for Chapter 5 soon too - I’ll make sure to post about it here on this board when I do!

3 Likes

Adding to this I think it’d be nice to have a bad end viewer somewhere in the game, I think it could even be made outside the dev room so it doesn’t become too full of things, like somewhere in the death realm or in the tower once you finish the game

1 Like

This. Would love to have a bad ending viewer added in as an update.

1 Like

Originally, the Dienro house was going to be a place where you could view this sort of thing. I was toying around with making Palomina (that is, the Dev Room verison of her) be the hub for Bad Ends.

I’m currently working on my upcoming project, Cicada Springs (I know I’ve said it before, but there’s a demo coming soon once I make sure that everything is perfect) but I haven’t forgotten about doing these Bad Ends - hopefully soon, I’ll be able to update this thread with an announcement of Chapter 5’s Bad End rather than just plugging more Cicada Springs stuff lol.

2 Likes

I picked this up the other day, fairly enjoyable but I did run into some issues in chapter two. I guess it’s possible I just missed something but the way up to the mountain was locked even after finishing the first three tasks, and I couldn’t get it to unlock even after combing everything a few times. Did notice that the door text at the farm seemed to imply the girl was still outside even though at that point she had already left, not sure if that indicates some variable didn’t get updated. If you want, I still think I have the soflocked save.

I ended up just using a save editor to brute force to 4/4 tasks and didn’t have any issues after that.

I’m glad that you picked up the game! What you had to do in this situation after you finished your three tasks, if I’m remembering correctly (I scripted Chapter 2 so long ago now lol), was to go visit Griselda in the tower.

I’m not one of those “don’t break the game” devs (you bought it, you can do what you want with it) but going in and flipping switches at the wrong times is gonna really mess up your experience in certain parts of the game if you don’t flip the right ones in the right order. If you ever have any question about progression, feel free to ask! I’m always happy to help :slight_smile:

From what I recall the tower was still telling me to finish stuff in town, all the dialogue made it sound like I needed to go to the mountain but I could have missed something.

1 Like

hey quick question wut do i do after i’ve talked to malary and delivered the stones to maven?

After you talk to Malary, you’ll need to do some tasks in town. Iirc (again, it’s been a while since I wrote everything out and this is just off the top of my head) you need to:

1. Talk to Malary, get her cutscene out of the way.
  2. Deliver the gem shards to Maven
  3. Make some deliveries for the Tavern
  4. Talk to Dr. Balala and get her a test subject

thank you i didnt find any tasks in the bar tho kinda scared that my save is bugged cuz the nearest save is like an hour prior. but thanks regardless

So not sure if this is a bug or not, but when doing the five tasks with ginny, it hints I should go up the mountain to the hero, but it refuses to allow me to leave town until everything is completed?..