[CreatureUnknown] Smasher and the Will o' the Thiccs

How did you get such high scores, especially in the mall level?

I had to practice the levels and see when to where and how hard I had to shoot obviously not everything went the first time because despite knowing how to do everything with a little practice it happened to me that the physics made me bounce with something and fail or He was pitching late or too fast or he was so far away that I couldn’t see him

1 Like

I gotta say, I had a lot of fun with this, Big potential! But, I’m unsure of how one gets more points, some tips would be handy!

Besides that I did not do it the first attempt, I only did it the first and that was the first level, the second I did it on the second attempt because I did not calculate well the force I had to give for the first blow, but the third hit perfectly on the second. It was like on the 5th attempt because I could not position myself well or calculated wrongly and the fourth for some reason took longer than on another occasion I did it on the first attempt so you can already see that everything can be achieved in a much less time than me I did

1 Like

try to memorize the maps to use as few hits as possible also try to find positions where you can hit more than one will o’ the thicc at the same time

2 Likes

My GOSH there is SO MUCH POLISH in here, it’s maddening how good of an experience a solo dev managed to make in two weeks! like, just that first cutscene has such good style, but it’s also present in the rest of the game, plus it’s fun and satisfying to play! it’s not perfect, but dang for a jam is it close enough. excellent job!!

3 Likes

okay for starters i am new here to Weight Gaming and I played this game and got through all 4 levels and I have to say the game was great I mean who would ever think to have Weight Gain in a Golf Game, well you certainly did and when the full version comes out here are some ideas I have in mind to give.
for starters is Several characters they are unlocked through getting pars in each level to put all they bring is you having someone to playthrough the level as, and in fact maybe different outcomes through beating a level with a different person, another thing is Boss fights, here is how i presume they would work: you can move your character period as in, there is no pause after you shoot, and you have a big Par goal, i mean you need one if your gonna beat the boss. another thing have like a way to know where the Will’ o the thiccs are and the end goal, and one last idea in mind, is having more Will’ o the thiccs in a level then what you are required to grab, why? mainly a bigger score and bigger size, I am hoping to see more of this grand game in the future

It also takes a while to load up after opening it, I forgot to mention that.

I see a female tag, but the MC in all the screenshots seems to be male. Is there a second character or something?

Some of the unlockable skins are female.

1 Like

Yeah. You gotta get a certain amount of points on certain levels to unlock other characters

I only saw the one from the mall, was there another?

Just letting you all know I made a post in Projects about my plans, as well as a YCH opportunity for player skins.

3 Likes

I absolutely love this game! I love the golf mechanics and what it offers game wise! The idea just feels like something that should have already been a game, and you did absolutely brilliant work on it! I’m rooting for you to win!

2 Likes

Gave the game a go, and I can say that I think it’s real cool. Interesting premise, and an idea that I wasn’t expecting, honestly. Usually what comes to mind is platformers and stuff for this kind of thing. Looking forward to more!

This game feels like a top contender for the top 3.

The game uses satisfying visuals both for the backgrounds and the model. The physics for body deformation are something valuable!

The game’s gold theme, mixed with object displacement, environmental destruction and size variations makes for a wonderfully unique experience.

Overall, the only major thing that should be fixed or expanded upon, would be the ability to select levels in the overworld. After completing the fourth level, i tried going back to the first level. I had to start the 2nd level in order to lower the camera and being able to replay the first level. The addition of limited camera controls in the form of buttons or key presses (personally played on keyboard.)

A minor addition that could be done for better user judgment could be anything that allow to understand how much power the are putting in their next move.

I will be looking forward to whatever comes out of this project :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Folks were saying in the Discord that this was a really strong contender for winning and I have to say I agree!
Really brilliant, creative game! I loved it so much!

just run a let’s play of the game and it’s safe to say i reckon this will win.

Grotlover2 Score

| Category | Total |

| —: | :–|

| Basics: | 20000 |

| Art: | 307 |

| Writing: | 225 |

| Concept/Design | 1525 |

| Msc: | 200 |

| Total: | 22572 |

Comments:

I have to say this is one of my favorite games of the jam. The game itself is really just a put put game but the weight gain combined with being able to destroy the environment added some fun mechanics to play with and the reuse of the soft body system for last years entry which adds to the games feel further driving home the fun and the fetish aspects of the game. Also, the art assets are very well done. I usually feel topdown loose to much in detail to be feasible, especially in the face but the art really looks great from the perspective and while in the end its just an expanding circle there is enough detail there to still make it look good. My only major complaints in the UI can feel fairly sluggish and waiting to stop moving can some times take forever. Along with that there is not a clear indicator of power beyond a small animation of the arms. Either way though I loved the game and I hope to see it further developed.

Jux Score

| Category | Total |

| Art: | 352 |

| Writing: | 330 |

| Concept/Design | 1424 |

| Msc: | 155 |

| Total: | 22581 |

Comments:

One of the issues your entry had last year was control difficulty. You’ve taken the systems from there that worked and put them in a game that really suits them. While I might suggest a little bit more information being given to the player about movement, the game played very well. As a writer I have been making a lot of suggestions on the writing of other games. For this entry I’ll say that this game is an example of one that gives the player just the amount of justification for the story that is needed. In the opening you very quickly establish the problem, the two brother (roommates? Friends?), and the fetish and it’s done without feeling like an info dump. Great job.

Kilif Score

| Category | Total |

| Art: | 345 |

| Writing: | 325 |

| Concept/Design | 1515 |

| Msc: | 190 |

| Total: | 22650 |

Comments:

The presentation of this one is mind blowingly good. I don’t even know where to begin. The artwork is great, the fact that there’s so many different characters to choose from is amazing, the music and sound effects are spot on, and the use of the theme was really impressive. The idea of golf, but the golfball gets fatter isn’t one that I’ve seen before, but I think you guys really knocked it out of the park. Just, really great work, my only complaint was there wasn’t enough of it.

S&S Score

| Category | Total |

| Art: | 365 |

| Writing: | 375 |

| Concept/Design | 1505 |

| Msc: | 180 |

| Total: | 22765 |

Comments:

Squirrel Score

| Category | Total |

| Art: | 320 |

| Writing: | 300 |

| Concept/Design | 1170 |

| Msc: | 160 |

| Total: | 22240 |

Comments:

I honestly wasn’t expecting a golf style game to be amongst the entries but it was as refreshing as it was surprising! With the accompanying art and writing being a delight, this was super fun to play and not only that it had replayablilty factor to unlock more skins which was a nice touch. It has the fun factor, the replayability and a colourful cast of characters to meet along your journey. Great job!

Scores

Art: 1689

Writing: 1555

Sound: 1540

Design: 7139

Total: 112808

1 Like