Crusader Kings 2 - 3.0's weight gain

I’m loving all these ideas, especially the ones about the demonic spells. Lemme know if you need any more localization text!

1 Like

I’d second this. It’s a nightmare trying to find the latest release and, as previously mentioned, failmuseum didn’t create the thread so they can’t just edit the first post. This CKII mod is developed enough to warrant its own thread imo

4 Likes

I support the action as well.

How do you add custom portraits?

What are the weight tiers? I’m playing as the duchess of Castle and she’s at 215 and is at blob level. What comes next?

That’s it for now, you need a potion to get immobility it’s called temporary obesity. It goes soft body pot belly then I think chubby fatty rotund butterball and blob of I remember right (been playing ck3). Blobs last level

1 Like

That’s it for the current build, but the next update will have immobile be the next weight level at 200. I will also have to figure how I want to handle the vanilla game’s obesity modifier soon because of it. I’m thinking maybe have the warning appear at 125 and then have it be given at 150 weight level. The update is coming along slowly, but I am getting there (almost done with the hunting feast events, then I just need to get the final hunting events themselves in). I will also make a new thread dedicated to this specific project once that update is ready.

5 Likes

Would the immobility give regency like temporary obesity or would it just effect martial skill.

It would put the character into a regency to keep the events that describe mobility from appearing as often as possible.

2 Likes

Would there be a way to avoid immobility while still having your ruler gain? Whenever I played my queen would sort of just snowball and keep gaining no matter what after a certain point

No, Immobility is going to happen once you reach 200. I will, however make it so that every weight pulse will chip away at your character’s weight once you reach certain thresholds (it’ll probably be -10 or -15 weight level every weight pulse if you reach immobility, so it won’t take too long to slim back down to a non immobile state). I’m going to be putting a lot of immobile specific events and interactions so players that want to keep gaining still have something to do.

2 Likes

You can avoid regency all together by turning it off

1 Like

This is a very enjoyable mod, looking forward to seeing the new update soon! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think I’m going to tone down the hunting events for now, just so I can get an update out sometime soon. I think I burned myself out working on the non fetish content and that kinda sapped my desire to spend all day nearly everyday on the project. I do intend to fully flesh it out like I had planned, but you might be getting a simpler version of it for now (main thing is that predators and the more complex hunting partner’s assassination system won’t be present since those were pretty much the last things I had to do for it. The hunting feasts are nearly complete, a long with the ability to spike them.

1 Like

Made some progress on the drawing again, Here’s the WIP of the line art so far:

Might have to rework the chin and mouth depending on how the eyes pan out. Also, these are not the colors I’m using, just to be clear. Also not too happy with my adjustments to the cheeks, I’ll probably go back to something much closer to the sketch.

9 Likes

@deator gave me some localizations for the self weighing event. So now when you weigh your character, you will have a numerical weight value shown, and then a full description of the event with three different versions based on whether your character has a positive, negative, or neutral opinion towards their current weight.

6 Likes

Tfw I’m just now trying this today despite knowing about it for months because I was under the assumption I would need to pay for the base game and didn’t even bother to see if I was actually correct about that… facepalm

1 Like

you did have to pay for it…until they made it free to advertise ck3 with cosmetic events lol

1 Like

Update either tomorrow or the day after, as well as migrating to a new thread that I have have control of (sorry @Gary for squatting here for over a year).

9 Likes

It’s been fun in this thread, but I have now made a dedicated project thread to go along with the new update. Here is the link: Fatocracy - A Crusader Kings 2 (Base game now free to play) weight gain expansion mod

I’m shy on time right now, I have to pack up to get home. So consider this build to be more for testing at the moment. The hunting system is now in place, as well as a couple of feast types. The hunting traits are present as well, but since I didn’t have access to an image editing software that could work with .DDS files here, they do not have sprites as of yet. I believe this works correctly, but take care with this update on existing saves. On the plus side, the hunting system is mostly contained, so even if it is broken at present, just avoid using the hunting system with games you are actually playing. Once I get back home, the first thing I’m going to do is make sprites for the traits that don’t have them.

5 Likes