Crusader Kings 2 - 3.0's weight gain

simple: marry a kitsune, make an heir, raise it well, then Die

(the last part is a joke but literal in what you do)

edit: you need luxuria fantasia to get the other races, think there is fat content for nekos and demons, and kitsunes have fatty magic

3 Likes

Thanks!

So, I’ve spent couple of hours and was able to improve obesity model. It took awhile to make it work, since ck3 uses a bit different .mesh format
New obese body Screenshot by Lightshot
Default ck3 obese body http://prntscr.com/uahk0b

The downside, that all clothes are made for the default model, so I have to manually fix every piece, including collision. Or, I can simply bind “obese” trait with forced nudity.

4 Likes

I’d prefer clothing myself as forced nudity for obesity could get to be a little absurd after awhile, but that may just be me.

4 Likes

i agree with you as that can be awkward for say a religion with hedonism as a tenant as then I’d have a carp ton of nude people walking around rulling

3 Likes

Pretty good! Can’t wait to see it in the game, I poked around in the files a bit and it seems pretty easy to work with if you know how ck2 works.

It also helps that the localization files aren’t excel sheets >.>

2 Likes

They made the code a bit more flexible, but I still hate how they divide everything and put it in random folders. Instead of making:
trait_name = “obese”
desc = “example desc”

They always do something like:
health.txt
trait_name = “obese”
title = health.5001.desc

health_events.txt
character_modifier = obese_modifier

health_events_eng.txt
health.5001.desc:0 “You become obese”

This is so annoying and time consuming when you do not know where to search. Who knew that nudity trigger is not hidden in “clothing_triggers”, but in “diplomacy_triggers” file? Paradox code is always so messy, it is good that they started leaving comments and notes at least.

5 Likes

ugh, so true. it took them this long to start grouping decisions under common… bleh.

1 Like

that is the code, not what you provided, the .desc:0 is for the description, or another line of code. Doesn’t do anything to your weight in game, just gives you the penalty

I never said that it does anything to your weight in game, I just gave a random example of how they dealed with the descriptions for the obese trait. This is copied directly from the game files.

I look forward to seeing your variant of the CK III!

For the CK II mod, the only thing that is akward is the script name of many options but otherwise it was a real treat to play. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for playing and enjoying the mod :slightly_smiling_face:. I am still going to keep working on it though, it’s getting fairly close to the 1.0 release now. I think CK2 still has some potential (main thing being the base game being completely free, the compatibility for the fantasy races of LF, and the potential for making patches for the existing overhaul mods). Once I’m totally done with the mod, I’ll likely start making addons off of VT765’s base mod.

Though, I might make a tenent or two that would mirror Bountism’s farming system and Decadentism’s future CB’s.

6 Likes

Oh. Sorry about that man.

1 Like

So a quick question about your CK II mod, do I need any DLC to make it work properly with Bountism and such? Or am I good with just the base game? Since I played it and really liked the fleshed-out parts. And will you add any form of “After blob” events? Since it felt like there were a few building up to something. :slight_smile:

And since I do not have any fantasy mod for the magic, what do I need to get to add the magic?

Thanks again!

3 Likes

Every feature in the mod is available if only own the base game, though it is minorly enhanced with a few choice dlc (after 1.0 I’ll start working on more of the dlc exclusive features). Bountism isn’t anywhere close to finished yet, but if you want to play with it all you need is the base game. There will be events for after you reach blob size, eventually getting to the point of being immobile if you manage to keep gaining weight. As for magic, it’s not available to anyone who isn’t a kitsune from the Luxuria Fantasia mod yet, but any character will be able to use magic in the future.

The only dlc that really makes a difference at this point is “Way of Life” because of it’s lifestyle focuses being used for a few extra triggers. “Holy Fury” will be the main dlc I make use of after 1.0 is released, even without the mod Holy Fury is easily the best and most expansive dlc.

7 Likes

I guess it’s possible I installed it wrong, or this is how it’s supposed to be. But some interactions are in code, for example Tailor_Buy_ClothingLarge. Is there a fix or is it just because it’s in beta?

1 Like

These are empty localizations. It should be like this, failmuseum simply made a base but had no time to write text for this. I did the same thing for ck3 - made a base for event chains and now filling it out with texts.

3 Likes

Ah makes sense, thanks!

1 Like

Just finished up tailoring’s second ability, creating clothing. Simply have the tailoring lv.2 perk, and you will be able to make clothing for yourself using cloth (not tribal/nomadic, purchased at the tailor for 1 gold each) or fur (tribal/nomadic will be able to be acquired by either hunting, or purchasing it at the market I’ll detail in this post). To make the clothing, you will require different amounts of material depending on the size. small, average, and large clothing take 3 pieces of cloth or fur, xs takes 2, xxs takes 1, xl takes 4, and xxl takes 5.

So, I have a new idea for a general market for the player to purchase and sell some items. The main item that could be bought or sold is fur. Fur’s price is going to be 2 gold per fur when purchasing, and 1 gold when selling (sold in stacks of 5, 10, or 15). You could also buy/sell food for/from your personal food store from the maket (A feature that I will start working on fairly soon). This will also be the place to sell your clothing that you don’t need anymore. Note that this is not going to produce a profit for tailors that make their own clothing, this is for balancing issues. If a tailor was able to make clothing using cloth and turn a profit, this would essentially just be a way to get infinite money without any cost to player. I could make it so the tailor only sells so much cloth at a time and needs to be restocked in time. That way, you could make a profit as a tailor but it’s not going to be infinite money. Also, another idea I had was to make it so trying to sell clothing in the sizes XL and XXL would have the same price as large clothing unless your capital county is following a fat approving religion or culture (in which case XL and XXL outfits will have a higher price). The reason is because without those exceptions, the person buying them from you wouldn’t be able to find a buyer for said outfits, so they would be worth less unless the local area had those specific circumstances. I also might make it possible to try and sell potions at a higher price then what the witch sells them for, at the risk of your character being caught selling magical items (which would give a general opinion debuff and a counteracting opinion buff for exposed mages, demons, and fairies). If you do get caught, you won’t be able to sell potions for a very long time (probably a decade), and each time you sell potions you chances of getting caught increases until eventually it becomes a guarantee that you will get caught. You will lose “heat” for selling these potions when the weight pulse fires (or if you get caught, but since you will be banned from selling them for a decade, it really doesn’t make much of a difference).

Next thing I’m going to make will be the hunting system, now that there is a need for characters to get their hands of furs. Unlike the other trades (except fishing, the same will apply for that as well), you will be able to hunt without any experience in the subject. However, your chances of succeeding will be pretty low and you chances of getting injured will be much higher than characters that know what they are doing. Those with the hunting focus will have a small chance every weight pulse to get some free hunting xp. Masters of the Hunt will gain 2 hunting XP every time their weight pulse fires. If you succeed in hunting your prey, you will gain some xp, food for the food store, and fur. If you fail, there is still a fairly small chance of gaining xp but only for characters that are intelligent enough to understand what they did wrong (10+ learning stat, genius trait, shrewd trait, or quick trait). You can still get tutoring from the usual methods, a master of the hunt that knows what they are doing for 30 gold, a friend for 20, or a consort for 10 if they a have at least lv.1 of the trait. The last method to raise the skill will be if you paid for one of your wards/children to learn the skill in childhood, which will give them an option later in life to further that education. This will also be another way to find the witch that sells potions.

8 Likes

This may be a dumb question, but there was mention of dragons and kitsunes and elves and all that, but where do I find those? is it just another mod or is it some expansion pack?

2 Likes

Not a dumb question at all. The kitsunes, nekos etc. are all found in the Luxuria Fantasia mod found on Loverslab. I’m working to make this mod have content for and work with the mods: Luxuria Fantasia,Tentacled Dreams, and Tale of Nine Tails.

2 Likes