Crusader Kings 2 - 3.0's weight gain

I dug up into CK3 and found every code line considering the weight except max weight limit (which is 100 by default)
I played around and added some flavor events and additional weight traits (Only obese and malnourished by default)
The char models are pretty neat, since they are encoded to auto-adjust. If I find the way to break the 100 limit, they could get massive without any editing. I was able to adjust multiply effect (Basically, character at 100 weight looks as if he weights 200) and it is pretty decent looking so far.
If failmuseum will allow me, I can start porting some of his CK2 events to CK3.
Also, the “gain weight” and “lose weight” decisions and system are already encoded by the developer, so there is no need to port it, except for “weight self” one.

7 Likes

There is a weight gain option, how do you get that, it was a bitch to get duchess Matilda of Tuscany Fat as fuck. also where are these gain events?

The weight gain option in ck3 by default is only availble if your weight is lower than -50.

2 Likes

I carry good news about CK3:

1. Body shapes are already encoded - there are hourglass, apple, pear and triangle female body shapes, there are even models.
  2. I found a way to extended 100 weight limit by simply making 1 weight point meaning more. Basically, you gain weight slower, but you become obese not at 50-80, but at 35-45 weight points instead. 99 and more - immobile blob.

I am currently tweaking 3d models in blender to make it look better when the character reaches weight 100 as well as making it more “realistic” (less cartoonish roundness, more flab)

11 Likes

Maybe we should have a separate topic for CK3 modding? I feel like with the work people are already putting in there’s going to be a lot of posts and progress made specifically for CK3 weight gain, and it could get confusing to sift through a giant text wall of CK2 and CK3 updates

8 Likes

I cant wait to see what mod you make dude this shit sounds hilarious

3 Likes

Here is the update patch for the current demo. Just install the mod like any other update. Hopefully this fixes a major issue of tedium that the clothing system added. The automated purchase option is in the status menu, but you still will need to visit the tailor occasionally (mostly when changing clothing sizes or if you lost too many outfits from the random event outfit loss).

Fatocracy Demo 8 bugfixes.zip (2.2 MB)

6 Likes

If needed - I will make a separate topic when the first version is done. I still need failmuseum’s permisson tho, since this is literally his idea and project.

6 Likes

Sure go ahead, you don’t need my permission to do that, but thanks for the thought :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

YESSS!! Can’t wait for my immobile blob family.

3 Likes

So trying this one out but so far I never got any Magic Events, how do I make them happen? Can I force them with console commands (And if so how?)?

I got Bountism, does it have any specific events tided to it or is it just a small feature?

Look forward to what you do with CK3 :slight_smile:

you a kitsune? those are the only ones with weight magic right now

No, then how do I become one?

simple: marry a kitsune, make an heir, raise it well, then Die

(the last part is a joke but literal in what you do)

edit: you need luxuria fantasia to get the other races, think there is fat content for nekos and demons, and kitsunes have fatty magic

3 Likes

Thanks!

So, I’ve spent couple of hours and was able to improve obesity model. It took awhile to make it work, since ck3 uses a bit different .mesh format
New obese body Screenshot by Lightshot
Default ck3 obese body http://prntscr.com/uahk0b

The downside, that all clothes are made for the default model, so I have to manually fix every piece, including collision. Or, I can simply bind “obese” trait with forced nudity.

4 Likes

I’d prefer clothing myself as forced nudity for obesity could get to be a little absurd after awhile, but that may just be me.

4 Likes

i agree with you as that can be awkward for say a religion with hedonism as a tenant as then I’d have a carp ton of nude people walking around rulling

3 Likes

Pretty good! Can’t wait to see it in the game, I poked around in the files a bit and it seems pretty easy to work with if you know how ck2 works.

It also helps that the localization files aren’t excel sheets >.>

2 Likes

They made the code a bit more flexible, but I still hate how they divide everything and put it in random folders. Instead of making:
trait_name = “obese”
desc = “example desc”

They always do something like:
health.txt
trait_name = “obese”
title = health.5001.desc

health_events.txt
character_modifier = obese_modifier

health_events_eng.txt
health.5001.desc:0 “You become obese”

This is so annoying and time consuming when you do not know where to search. Who knew that nudity trigger is not hidden in “clothing_triggers”, but in “diplomacy_triggers” file? Paradox code is always so messy, it is good that they started leaving comments and notes at least.

5 Likes

ugh, so true. it took them this long to start grouping decisions under common… bleh.

1 Like