Crusader Kings 2 - 3.0's weight gain

that is the code, not what you provided, the .desc:0 is for the description, or another line of code. Doesn’t do anything to your weight in game, just gives you the penalty

I never said that it does anything to your weight in game, I just gave a random example of how they dealed with the descriptions for the obese trait. This is copied directly from the game files.

I look forward to seeing your variant of the CK III!

For the CK II mod, the only thing that is akward is the script name of many options but otherwise it was a real treat to play. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks for playing and enjoying the mod :slightly_smiling_face:. I am still going to keep working on it though, it’s getting fairly close to the 1.0 release now. I think CK2 still has some potential (main thing being the base game being completely free, the compatibility for the fantasy races of LF, and the potential for making patches for the existing overhaul mods). Once I’m totally done with the mod, I’ll likely start making addons off of VT765’s base mod.

Though, I might make a tenent or two that would mirror Bountism’s farming system and Decadentism’s future CB’s.

6 Likes

Oh. Sorry about that man.

1 Like

So a quick question about your CK II mod, do I need any DLC to make it work properly with Bountism and such? Or am I good with just the base game? Since I played it and really liked the fleshed-out parts. And will you add any form of “After blob” events? Since it felt like there were a few building up to something. :slight_smile:

And since I do not have any fantasy mod for the magic, what do I need to get to add the magic?

Thanks again!

3 Likes

Every feature in the mod is available if only own the base game, though it is minorly enhanced with a few choice dlc (after 1.0 I’ll start working on more of the dlc exclusive features). Bountism isn’t anywhere close to finished yet, but if you want to play with it all you need is the base game. There will be events for after you reach blob size, eventually getting to the point of being immobile if you manage to keep gaining weight. As for magic, it’s not available to anyone who isn’t a kitsune from the Luxuria Fantasia mod yet, but any character will be able to use magic in the future.

The only dlc that really makes a difference at this point is “Way of Life” because of it’s lifestyle focuses being used for a few extra triggers. “Holy Fury” will be the main dlc I make use of after 1.0 is released, even without the mod Holy Fury is easily the best and most expansive dlc.

7 Likes

I guess it’s possible I installed it wrong, or this is how it’s supposed to be. But some interactions are in code, for example Tailor_Buy_ClothingLarge. Is there a fix or is it just because it’s in beta?

1 Like

These are empty localizations. It should be like this, failmuseum simply made a base but had no time to write text for this. I did the same thing for ck3 - made a base for event chains and now filling it out with texts.

3 Likes

Ah makes sense, thanks!

1 Like

Just finished up tailoring’s second ability, creating clothing. Simply have the tailoring lv.2 perk, and you will be able to make clothing for yourself using cloth (not tribal/nomadic, purchased at the tailor for 1 gold each) or fur (tribal/nomadic will be able to be acquired by either hunting, or purchasing it at the market I’ll detail in this post). To make the clothing, you will require different amounts of material depending on the size. small, average, and large clothing take 3 pieces of cloth or fur, xs takes 2, xxs takes 1, xl takes 4, and xxl takes 5.

So, I have a new idea for a general market for the player to purchase and sell some items. The main item that could be bought or sold is fur. Fur’s price is going to be 2 gold per fur when purchasing, and 1 gold when selling (sold in stacks of 5, 10, or 15). You could also buy/sell food for/from your personal food store from the maket (A feature that I will start working on fairly soon). This will also be the place to sell your clothing that you don’t need anymore. Note that this is not going to produce a profit for tailors that make their own clothing, this is for balancing issues. If a tailor was able to make clothing using cloth and turn a profit, this would essentially just be a way to get infinite money without any cost to player. I could make it so the tailor only sells so much cloth at a time and needs to be restocked in time. That way, you could make a profit as a tailor but it’s not going to be infinite money. Also, another idea I had was to make it so trying to sell clothing in the sizes XL and XXL would have the same price as large clothing unless your capital county is following a fat approving religion or culture (in which case XL and XXL outfits will have a higher price). The reason is because without those exceptions, the person buying them from you wouldn’t be able to find a buyer for said outfits, so they would be worth less unless the local area had those specific circumstances. I also might make it possible to try and sell potions at a higher price then what the witch sells them for, at the risk of your character being caught selling magical items (which would give a general opinion debuff and a counteracting opinion buff for exposed mages, demons, and fairies). If you do get caught, you won’t be able to sell potions for a very long time (probably a decade), and each time you sell potions you chances of getting caught increases until eventually it becomes a guarantee that you will get caught. You will lose “heat” for selling these potions when the weight pulse fires (or if you get caught, but since you will be banned from selling them for a decade, it really doesn’t make much of a difference).

Next thing I’m going to make will be the hunting system, now that there is a need for characters to get their hands of furs. Unlike the other trades (except fishing, the same will apply for that as well), you will be able to hunt without any experience in the subject. However, your chances of succeeding will be pretty low and you chances of getting injured will be much higher than characters that know what they are doing. Those with the hunting focus will have a small chance every weight pulse to get some free hunting xp. Masters of the Hunt will gain 2 hunting XP every time their weight pulse fires. If you succeed in hunting your prey, you will gain some xp, food for the food store, and fur. If you fail, there is still a fairly small chance of gaining xp but only for characters that are intelligent enough to understand what they did wrong (10+ learning stat, genius trait, shrewd trait, or quick trait). You can still get tutoring from the usual methods, a master of the hunt that knows what they are doing for 30 gold, a friend for 20, or a consort for 10 if they a have at least lv.1 of the trait. The last method to raise the skill will be if you paid for one of your wards/children to learn the skill in childhood, which will give them an option later in life to further that education. This will also be another way to find the witch that sells potions.

8 Likes

This may be a dumb question, but there was mention of dragons and kitsunes and elves and all that, but where do I find those? is it just another mod or is it some expansion pack?

2 Likes

Not a dumb question at all. The kitsunes, nekos etc. are all found in the Luxuria Fantasia mod found on Loverslab. I’m working to make this mod have content for and work with the mods: Luxuria Fantasia,Tentacled Dreams, and Tale of Nine Tails.

2 Likes

Dark world reborn adds heroes and villains, vampires, werewolves, and other such things just to inform you

2 Likes

It does, but I can’t guarantee the mod will work 100% correctly with that installed. Do you use it with my mod? If you do, can you tell me how well it works?

Would hunting Neko be an option for acquisition of furs?

I jest. Would be a funny option, but not necessary to add to the list of things you’re already working on.

2 Likes

lol, but no that won’t be an option. However, they will get a bonus to the fishing skill when they grow up into adults. Some culture’s/LF races getting skill bonuses is something I should lay out while I’m on the subject.

So far, this is what people will be getting:
French, Italian, Greek: Cooking.
German, Dutch, Danish: Baking.
Nekos, English/Anglo-Saxxon, Norwegian, Swedish, Norse: Fishing.
Orcs, Elves: Hunting.

Any recommendations for other culture’s have a bonus to my skills?

4 Likes

I was actually kind of wondering, have you ever considered writing in a form of fat government? or when you focus more on the religions have the religions gradually fatten up the people in the religion?

3 Likes

More details about hunting. First the traits, the basic hunter trait is mostly seperate from the hunting skill. I say mostly, because having that trait will boost your hunting xp everytime you use my hunting system and spend as long as you can hunting (i’ll get to that), this bypasses the intelligence check for characters that managed to get nothing. Hunting traits will be called “tracker (lv.1)”, “huntsman (lv.2)”, and “outdoorsman (combined trait if you reached level 2 of fishing as well as lv.2 of hunting)”.

Next is how the system operates in detail. It’s very similar to CK3’s, but I am putting more focus on the animals that will be hunted than the random stuff that happens in the woods. First to start, you can be any character that doesn’t follow Jainism to begin hunting (yet, another reason to not play as them, sorry my hands are kind of tied on this one). This is done with an intrigue decision, the one in the menu not when you right click on your portrait. You will get a prompt to either take guards with you, or an actual character, your master of the hunt. If they are -10 opinion of you or higher, they will get an opinion buff of +10 for a year. Be careful taking them though, if they don’t like you (-20 opinion or lower) they have a chance to attempt to Baratheon you (suffer a “tragic” hunting accident) while you are alone with them. Once you have picked your partner, you will be directed to the main hunting event. When hunting you have 3 hunting actions/attempts before you need to return home, but you can retire early if you don’t want to risk anything.

When deciding to use an action to hunt, a random event from a list will be selected. This has several categories as to what exactly you find while hunting.

The most common thing is finding nothing at all and wasting an action, if you brought your master of the hunt with you this is the scenario that gives them the chance to attack you.

Next most common is to encounter an animal. There are two main classifications of animal to encounter, prey and predator. Prey, is harder to kill because they are more likely to flee but there is no chance of your character getting injured by prey. Currently, I only have two prey in mind, deer and rabbit (yes I’m aware deer can be dangerous, but they usually aren’t and I needed more in this category). Predators are the other animal that can be found. Predators are capable of injuring or even killing your character on rare occasions. If you get the jump on one, you will be given the option to ignore them or to try and hunt them. Only problem is, there is a chance that they get the jump on you instead, and force you into a fight. There are two types of predator at this point, medium and large. Medium predators are more common and less likely to kill outright, these include wolves and wild boars. Large predators are more dangerous but less common, and might not even be present based on where you live. Large predators so far are bears (the far northern part of the map) or tigers (India). The main thing determining success of the kill is personal combat skill and hunting skill level. The animals will give a proportional amount of meat and furs based on it’s size. You only get xp for the first animal you kill on a trip, to avoid some players getting a lucky streak and maxing out the skill very quickly.

Finally, there is the weird shit/misc. events that happen while out in the wilds. This could range from anything like bandit holding you up to finding the witch that sells you potions. This section will have more content available for those that have the fantasy elements switched on.

Once all of your actions are used or you call it quits early, you go home. If you used all of your actions you will lose -1 weight. If you used all of your actions and came home with nothing, more intelligent characters will be able to have a decent chance (20%) of reflecting on what they did wrong and how to correct it. As I said earlier, if you have the hunter trait this is a guarantee if you spent all of your actions.
There will be about a year cool down between trips to avoid spamming.

5 Likes

The answer is hidden in the mod name :slight_smile:

2 Likes