Crusader Kings 2 - 3.0's weight gain

I have considered a fat government type, a merchant republic (requires dlc) that basically functions as a fast food empire that fattens characters in counties that have their trade ports. Not much has gone into it’s planning yet, since I won’t be doing anything like that until after the 1.0 version of the mod finished. But don’t worry too much if you don’t want/have the dlc, because I will eventually be making succession laws for feudal and tribal nations that are focused around weight gain. @VT765 pretty much has already made the base of the succession law I was going to make for this mod in his CK3 version, though mine was going to be more based on how the tannistry succession worked (group of electors that voted on a dynasty member) except a character’s weight would be a major factor in the electorate’s decision. It’ll have the same name as the mod and be available to most of the heresies, as well as lunatic or possessed gluttons/fetishists.

3 Likes

Is there ever going to be a point where its not playable without DLC?

1 Like

No, never. Most of the content will only need the base game (which is free now), thankfully the way the game was made makes it so that the game doesn’t break if you don’t have dlc content the mod is asking for.

link to current build:

2 Likes

Also, another question. How does the bloodline work? and how does one start it?

1 Like

At the moment, there are not bloodlines in the mod yet(if there is, that is the remnant of a failed attempt at one about a year ago). Bloodlines are a feature that requires the dlc “Holy Fury” to be used. The way it works is that it is basically a shared modifier on all direct heirs of a character. The way you get one is dependent on the bloodline. I’ve a got a few of them planned, but this is another feature that is on the back burner until 1.0 is out, due to it’s reliance on dlc.

If you are talking about vanilla games bloodlines - do the legendary gathering or through the “forge bloodline” ambition.

2 Likes

Is that the actual mod needed to play? Do I need install other mods besides Luxuria Fantasia? It’s a little unclear to me…

1 Like

you don’t need any other mods to play with this mod
other mods just add to it I believe

Install LF and this https://forum.weightgaming.com/uploads/short-url/b2HSkXQV41V6O6e3zIjIxF4nNsY.zip

That is all.

1 Like

Bloodlines can also be seen in effect in the Carolingian Blood bloodline, just select one of the relatives of Charlamagne and it will be seen

I just had an idea, instead of a government being an easy dump, maybe a succession of the fattest? a government where the fattest person succeeds, so like agnatic fattest primogeniture/ enatic fattest primogeniture/ cognatic fattest primogeniture, where the fattest child is picked with preference to the eldest as an easy example.

2 Likes

I feel that would be hard to program and could go wrong very fast, love the idea though

1 Like

all it would have to do is check their weight flag on top of the other flags I think

I know I just worry what the AI would do with this kind of succession type as the AI is weird in ck2

Nothing extra is required to use the bulk of the mod’s content. LF, Tentacled Dreams, and Tale of Ninetails are fully compatible and add content related to the fantasy races and the tentacles. If you only own the base game, and don’t want any other mods, you can still play the mod.

@Manchura, @jcjonesacp76, It wouldn’t be that hard to make. As I have I stated, I want a dynastic, electoral succession (like tannistry) where electors have higher opinions of your heirs that have higher weight level modifiers, if they are gluttonous, if they are hedonists, which sex they are (determined by gender laws), as well as a lot of the standard stuff (not liking cruel leaders, not want characters who aren’t adults in charge, not approving of murderers etc.). I might be able to make a succession type that prioritizes a character with the highest X variable (which would be the physique variable in this case), but I’m not sure about that one.

2 Likes

Already made it around 1 day ago. It is pretty easy and works perfectly in ck3.

Where do you Install it I’m new to modding

Here are the full instructions,

2 Likes

I completely forgot to mention this when you were bringing up skills and resources, but there is a mod called “the great trade league” that does exactly that, might be an interesting content extension potential it also has a secret event line with everyone’s favorite apple loving overeating wolf that everyone in this community posted hecking chonks of in the late 2000

6 Likes

So here’s another few ideas I’m adding to the hunting system. I added a solo hunting option along with the guard and master of the hunt partners option. The difference will between these options will operate on the idea of risk vs reward. So here’s a quick run down of the differences:

Solo: free, more likely to successfully kill prey they have snuck up on, more likely to be ambushed by predators, more prestige from killing prey, more likely to encounter some of the more elusive events (the witch for example), can only take 1 feast worthy animal before needing to return home (I’ll explain that in a bit).

Guards: costs 10 gold, normal chances to kill prey overall, lower animal encounter rate overall, further reduced predator ambush rate, completely blocks the witch events from occurring (the crowd spooks them), bandit encounters are trivialized as a threat via a unique option for that event, all predator’s chance of killing you are reduced.

Master of the Hunt/Huntsman: free but you need someone with the title, normal chance to kill prey overall, normal animal encounter rate, normal chances of encountering rare events, chance to be assassinated or attacked by your partner if they really don’t like you, medium sized predators have their kill chance reduced but not as much as the guard bonus and large predators are not affected, encounters with the witch that sells potions will also give the partner the ability to buy potions, the hunting partner will get 1 hunting xp if you get anything.

I made an inferior version of the master of the hunt title for cultures or groups that can’t use the title. It’s mostly the same, but the pay and prestige are worse and they only have a 50% chance of getting 1 xp every weight pulse instead of the master of the hunt’s guarantee of 1 xp. Jain characters, those that can give the master of the hunt title and theocracies are the only characters that can’t use the title.

The last thing I’m adding is another categorization of animal, feast worthy. Basically, any animal killed that isn’t a rabbit has another option other than just being converted into food for storage. You will have the option to use that animal for a small feast for your court. The more animals that you get during the trip that qualify, the larger the feast will be. The main benefit will be prestige and weight gain (only if the characters choose to eat the food), but once bloodlines are added in, there will be a bloodline for characters that gained a lot of weight through feasting on what they hunted. Will probably work in using potions to spike the food, but I’ll have to see about that one due to how the feast is started.

8 Likes