Crusader Kings 2 - 3.0's weight gain

It’s taking a bit longer to make the hunting system, so for those who are interested here’s a comprehensive list of the events that can occur while out there, but before I start listing those events, however, I’ll go over a change I’m making to how the potion/witch encounter event works. First I’m going to make the current method of finding the witch to have a much longer mean time to happen (also I’ll be removing the hunting trait as a potential trigger, now you must have the hunting focus). I’m doing this because there are now going to be several different ways to encounter the witch:

• If you get the encounter event while using my hunting system, this is easier to trigger if you are hunting alone.
  • Have the hunting focus for a prolonged period of time and get lucky with the event.
  • In the future market system, I’ll have a back alley or something to that effect that can be used for more flavor/random events, one of which will be an encounter with a shifty guy trying to sell the potions at a massive cost. Once you encounter him the first time, you will unlock an option to just go and see the guy without leaving it to random chance. Either buy three of his potions (you will use them immediately after purchase, and which potion you buy will be randomized), have a very high intrigue skill, or have a very high learning skill and he will offer a business arrangement. If you agree, you will be given the location of a witch to purchase potions from and unlock the ability to try and sell potions at a markup price in the market.
  • If you are an exposed mage, a demon with a high level of magic skill, or are a member of any of the evil cults (Lucifer’s Own, Cold Ones etc.) you will receive a letter from a witch giving you the location of their home.

Now for the hunting events in moderate detail, I will be blurring the more unique events, for those that don’t want them spoiled. Every blurred event will be affected by the fantasy content setting, as well as the witch encounter.

• First are the animal encounters. I already went into to detail how these work, scroll up a few posts to find it.

• There are the events where nothing happens and you can’t find anything. This is also the time for your Master of the Hunt/Huntsman that doesn’t like you to try and attack.

• An event where you get held up by bandits. You can either pay, run, or sick the guards on them if you have them with you. If you try running you have a low chance of dying, and a chance to get the wounded trait. If you are already wounded, your chance of dying from this goes up significantly.

• An event where you encounter poachers. This won’t fire if you are a tribal or nomadic. You can ignore them, attempt to get a bribe to allow them to continue hunting, threaten them with legal action once you get back home to get them to leave, or if you have the guards with you can have them be rounded up and jailed. If you get them to agree to the bribe you will get 10 meat and 5 fur for your bribe. If you threaten them, you might get into fight with them which could get you the wounded trait (but they won’t ever kill you).

• An event where you encounter some travelers. I haven’t worked out what this event will entail.

• Encounter for the witch that sells potions.

- Encounter with an aggressive witch that will attempt to use spells on the character. Will probably have options for fighting or running away. Characters, other than Kitsunes, that are magically inclined will also likely have an option to diffuse the situation.

- An event with an abandoned house not sure what to do with it yet, but there will be another version of it that will be a trap for another aggressive witch encounter.

- An event with a strange bird creature, that can only be encountered on the first turn of the hunt. If you find it, there isn’t a chance for it to run away. If you kill it, you can either use it for the feast and cut the trip short, or just leave it, not trusting it. Any character that eats the meat during the feast will go into temporary obesity. I’m thinking of making it more common in November. This event is the rarest of all of the hunting events.

5 Likes

Apologies for taking so long to make the hunting system, it’s almost done just a few more events to handle, shouldn’t take too long. I took an on and off again break for a bit, but I did get most of it done and @deator as well as @seigneurseiglenoir are helping me with some localizations. So expect the next build to have quite a bit more text to fill out the descriptions. Thank you for your patience.

EDIT: I also spent a little time improving my ability to draw faces during my break, here is the result so far. While it’s definitely an improvement, I feel like the eyes still look a little lifeless, I don’t know what to do about that exactly.:

9 Likes

The art is really coming along! With the eyes it may be in part the inconsistent light source. The body/face seem to be lit from top right (of the picture), whereas the “anime-eyes” are drawn as though the light is from the left, and lower down - anime-eyes are a shorthand for real-world effects. The outer, convex, wet part of the eye reflects from the light source like a shiney ball would, so that means the large white highlight needs to be on the upper-ish right to match the light source for the body. The coloured iris is behind the lens in the eye, and the lens focuses the light on the diagonally opposite side to the main highlight - producing a lightening of the iris there (instead of top right) and the smaller highlight (where the lens meets the eyeball). If you imagine the iris being concave (it isn’t so much, but it looks that way because of the lens in front, and is often made that way in statues and the like) you’ll understand how it needs to look. My other thought is that her mouth is smiling, but her eyes aren’t - they look perhaps surprised, or maybe sorrowful, to me as they dip downwards towards the outside of the face. If she were smiling the cheeks would lift the lower lids and the outer edge where the lids meet. As ever, provided in an effort to help out.

4 Likes

Hi, I made this account specifically to help you with your drawing. First I just wanted to say that I like the art that you’ve already put in the mod a lot, it has this really pleasant and cartoony charm to it that I think contrasts with the rest of the art in the game really well.
I think the problem with your character’s eyes is actually pretty simple, it’s something I’ve had issues with a lot before so I know all about it. I think the issue is just that she looks like she’s staring off into space as opposed to looking at a fixed point. You could either have her looking towards the camera or looking further offscreen to the right or left.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip :slightly_smiling_face:. At this point, other than the sprites, all of the artwork is from either @Tightfit or from Takoyasi on deviantart. Though I will be adding my own artwork in the future.

1 Like

No problem! Keep up the good work, I’m looking forward to the next update :pray:

1 Like

I’m thinking of having different occasions for hosting feasts. So far, well will be having the honor feasts (feasts held in a courtier’s name), feasts for a successful hunt, and the feast for killing the magic bird while hunting. I’m thinking of maybe a feast for rulers who are pregnant or have a spouse that is pregnant (including tentacle, lizard and dragon pregnancies from their respective mods). Any other ideas for feast occasions/scenarios?

Speaking of pregnant content, I’m also thinking of adding some weight gain related flavor events for pregnancies, mostly revolving around cravings. Any ideas for some of these would be appreiciated.

Finally, I also tried taking the advice of @dingotush and @yegloman and drew the same vampire character again (this is the fifth time, I’ve been drawing her with the same expression for practice). I think it’s a big improvement, although I am aware the right eye is too high (I noticed it after it was already colored). How is it overall (a few lines are a bit sloppier than they would be if this was meant to be a “real” drawing)?

4 Likes

I think that’s a really big improvement, good work and keep practicing. Have you considered making a discord server for this project?

2 Likes

I created an account just for this reply. I got lots of time and not much to do. I’m willing to help out with the project. I’m pretty good with gimp and I can write decent localization for the info messages and such that seem to be missing as of yet. I enjoyed the current version a lot, and thank you OP for that. I believe it could be possible to use the weight gain elements from the DLC simultaneously with the project one. Also possibly, extend the gain to immobility and events related to that. I know it’s tedious to write all the possible circumstances, but let’s finish the male feeder, female feedee setup first as it’s the most popular, I believe.

2 Likes

@yegloman Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:. I don’t think I’ll be starting a discord for this project, considering how far along it is and due to it being only a mod for an existing game. If/when I try making something in rpg maker, then I will probably start a server for it’s development. Once this mod is finished, that is probably what I will work on next (chances are though, it won’t be an RPG but rather something more along the lines of “Princess Goblin Story”). I will, however, start a new thread in projects when one of two things happens. Either I finish 1.0, or a year has past since I started posting updates (which is the end of next month).

@hakkapeliitta thanks for the offer, I might take you up on it :slightly_smiling_face:. When you say you are good with gimp, what type of art are you taking about (mainly what I need is either pictures or sprites)? There will be DLC content, but not until the 1.0 version is out and finished. Until then, everything will be either for base game, or free mods that also only need the base game. Normal immobility will eventually be added (at around 150 weight level). I’ll get around to localizing everything eventually, but my “method” is to kind of haphazardly jump from task to task. I’ll probably get to the stuffing events fairly soon.

4 Likes

I have a discord server with 180 members based off of sims 4 mods, i’d give it a go if I were you.

2 Likes

I downloaded the mod and I believe I installed it correctly. Is there a way to be sure?

Also do I have to start a new save file

I’d recommend starting a new file, but I don’t think it’s necessary. The best way to tell if the mod is installed, is to go to the intrigue tab and look through the decisions. If you see the “Fatocracy Options” or “Hire Cook” decisions, then the mod is most likely installed correctly.

Ok. I’ll start a new file and see if I see them there

It didn’t work. I posted an image of my mod folder. Maybe there’s something wrong I did there? I am using the most recent version of Fatocracy

did you turn the mod on in the launcher?

Here are the full instructions,

I did. I’ll keep futzing with it and seeing if I can get it to work

EDIT: Got it working

2 Likes

Hi, I’ve just installed using the guide above and seem to be struggling a little. I have extracted the folder and put in the file path above, the game recognises the mod is installed but all of the text is like below:

Any ideas?

2 Likes

No, you’re good. The mod is currently like that since it’s still in development. The next update coming in a few days to a week from now will have quite a bit more of the text filled out (a lot more).

8 Likes

Thank you very much!

2 Likes