Crusader Kings 2 - 3.0's weight gain

Sorry for taking so long, my break kind of got extended a bit longer than it should have, the update should be out before the 1 year anniversary. I really got into a drawing mood lately, sorry for the wait and thank you for your patience. I really need to stop giving out deadlines, it’s like I’m cursed to never meet them.

EDIT:
I am starting to feel more confident in adding my own artwork to the mod fairly soon, especially now that I’m starting to draw backgrounds, have fairly successfully done a drawing in a darker setting, and just have more experience in general. Here’s I just finished recently: I Like a Girl Who Can Eat Part 3 - Chubby Chie by failmuseum on DeviantArt

9 Likes

Keep it up, your linework is really good. Something I try to do is do at least one sketch a day, it’s good practice.

1 Like

with the additional confidence in drawing, will we see more artwork in the next update? and would that change any content direction that would appear in the next update such as deciding to add more or remove some planned features for that update to compensate for the added artwork?

1 Like

Likely nothing will change for this next update. The custom artwork that I make will likely come after the full mod (1.0) is out. Until then, I’ll probably be using mostly other’s artwork and vanilla images. I’ve fallen far enough behind this last month due to my break and scatterbrained tendencies of late, so I will try to avoid spending too much of time on drawing for a while. This next update will mostly be about the hunting system, the new market, and childhood apprenticeships for my skills. Also @deator has been working hard at localizing things for me behind the scenes, so there will be a lot more localizations this time around.

6 Likes

Sort of a random bug report, but I did notice while testing out some events that the end of temporary obesity is a little bugged. It seems like when you either stay immobile for a long time or maybe when you gain a lot of weight from it (Not sure which thing triggers it, but the character was immobile for a long time and did gain a lot), it assigns every fat distribution modifier and every level of them at the same time. Funny to see, but I’m pretty sure that’s unintended.

1 Like

Not sure how that happened. Is it the female body part modifiers or the general size modifiers?

If I recall correctly, it was both. Definitely Female Body part modifiers though. Like every single level of thighs, breasts, belly, butt, etc. all at once.

1 Like

I never had that happen before, was there anything odd or unique about the character when that happened?

sounds like that character got so fat the code broke under her weight

4 Likes

A character gets so fat that they go meta and break the fourth wall?

7 Likes

I meant that more as in it could of hit the max weight but during their event testing it ended up looping back to a low value and then stacked another feature, or granted since they were event testing they just stacked the features on through event pinging while there is no code in place to overwrite the previous option, but still a grand idea I guess

Not that I am aware of, but I will see if I can recreate it and give you a screen shot.

I do recall that I was interested in seeing what would happen if a character just kept trying to get bigger while already in temp obese. I think I 5x sped through like almost 10 years of that?

Alright so I tested it again and the same thing happened. Character was 30 when got Temp Immobile. She spent 10 years that way asking her servants to pamper her and very early on got big enough to trigger the “Too fat to fit in a Barn” event. Here are her stats right before she tried to go back to normal:
tempfat1

Then it took almost 5 full years of her trying to starve herself to get her body back before she finally lost the temp_obese Trait. As you can see, I have most of the various levels of body part size flags, but not all of the them. She started this adventure with lvl 1 meaty thighs before become immobile.

Now as you can see her fatty power knows no bounds and has ALL the fat focuses. Truly she has ascended into a super chonk god super chonk.

5 Likes

Looking through the flags, it looks like I may have made some event that gets really screwed up and adds all of the modifiers. I noticed that you only have the fat thigh flag, so that is what you SHOULD be getting. I believe a quick fix for now is to get two of the body potions (something random and the thigh potion) and take both of them to correct it.

I didn’t think about that when I’ve run into it before! I’ll keep it in mind for the next time it comes up.

I’m sure that one of these days, I’ll get a better understanding of how to acquire some of these events, but for now, I’ll wait to see where this goes.

the easiest way to start getting these events is to use the hunting life focus, then eat a lot when you get diet pings

You are talented bro!

5 Likes

@Udaddy Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

Sorry for slow updates, but I’ve had quite a large amount of stress this last week and I kind of needed some time alone again. On the plus side, I will be going on vacation again in about two weeks. For those that have been following the mod’s development since December of last year or later, the last time I went on a trip in November, I was able to work on the mod. This was actually the time the mod’s development was at it’s fastest, so expect the same to be true this time as well (this trip will also be quite a bit longer than last time as well).

Here is another drawing I made while I was trying to manage my stress (this one didn’t take too long to make) I Like a Girl Who Can Eat Part 4 - Chubby Chie by failmuseum on DeviantArt I think the only real problem with it is the orientation of the head, it’s kind of like an Owl.

3 Likes