Crusader Kings 2 - 3.0's weight gain

I also decided to lay the groundwork for a larger project/goal for Neko characters (if the extreme magic content is on). I want to stress that I want this to be something that is very hard to pull off, since it has larger impacts for all Nekos (and in one instance Kitsunes) on the map. I haven’t gotten all of the details and balancing figured out yet, but I’ll post about what I’ve got so far.

The idea is to have 3 idols that can be activated or deactivated to give/take away buffs to all Nekos on the map. Playing off of the established rivalry between Nekos and Kitsunes in LF, those two races are the only ones who can use the idols (although if any other character gets an idol, they will be able to give or sell it to a Neko or Kitsune). I intend to use the inventory system for those that have the dlc that enable it, but if you don’t have the dlc character flags will be used instead for tracking the idols. Nekos will be able to turn the buffs on or off, and Kitsunes will only be able to turn them off (there is no real reason for them to turn them on). I haven’t figured out how I want the Kitsunes to use it, but Nekos can turn on the idols if they have them the first time they reach 200 weight (the threshold for immobility). When they turn the idol on, the Neko will have have their weight reset, every character will get an event notifying them about it, and all Nekos will receive their respective buffs. These buffs will likely make the Nekos OP, but remember that these idols are going to be very difficult to get your hands on, and they can be taken away if a Kitsune decides to intervene.

Now for what the buffs themselves do:

Top Cat: Vassals of Nekos will lose 5 weight every weight pulse (the vassal’s weight pulse, not the liege) and their Neko liege will gain 1 weight per vassal. Seems a bit week, but immobile Nekos get a ton of prestige and Neko opinion bonuses. Courtiers do not lose any weight, only vassals.

Blurred Ancestry: Nekos and Kitsunes on adulthood might receive personality traits from their opposite race. Specifically, Kitsunes will have a chance to become one of the following: gluttonous, lustful, feedee fetishist, breeder (LF trait), or slothful. Nekos can get either proud or envious (lower chance of Nekos getting the traits then Kitsunes). Nekos can also sometimes be born with the ability to use the magic system. Kitsunes spells will have a higher chance of failing, and they will have a harder time turning off the idols than before (whatever that will mean in the future)

Natural Appeal: Nekos will get several bonuses related to their appearance. Nekos will have a decent chance of being born with the attractive trait. Male Nekos will get +1 diplomacy at birth. Female Nekos on adulthood will be able to chose which body part they want fat to primarily go to. Nekos will gain a small fertility bonus the fatter they are. Finally, all characters who are not either a Neko or Kitsune will have the ability to give out the Neko Pet title without needing to unlock it.

There is one more power/event related to these idols that I have planned, but this will need to enabled with a game rule (the ones that you select before starting a game) due to it being a very dramatic, permanent change to the game world. If all of the Neko idols have been activated, three things will happen. I do have a vague idea for the lore as why this would happen (as well as for the idols themselves), I will need to work it through a bit though since I haven’t dedicated much thought to this outside the mechanical aspects.

First, the idols will no longer be able to be turned off by Kitsunes.

Second, all non human, non Neko, currently living, adult characters will have a chance (or guarantee, if you/they choose that option when the event comes up) to get one of the personality traits of Nekos.

Third and most importantly, every Human character will have a chance to become a Neko. Characters can either let it happen or try to resist (chances of resisting will be dependent on piety or the zealous trait). If you have the non consensual content turned off, resisting will always succeeds (though to compensate, I will have more AIs accept the transformation if its turned off).

There is a very low chance of anything else like this being in the mod (the sweeping, possibly unwanted permanent changes I mean). This is more of a personal idea I wanted to include, so unless people really like it, I probably won’t focus too much on it either. Nekos also needed something more substantial to do, in default LF, only the female Nekos had anything unique to them (occasional massive fertility boost).

Again if this content is unpalatable, there will be a game rule to turn off the final power. The idols are also reliant on having extreme magic turned on. Any thoughts on how to balance it or just on the content in general would be appreciated.

8 Likes

This thread is really big at this point, and the mod being made here is pretty far in development. Would it be reasonable to make a thread specifically for the mod at this point?

4 Likes

I’m loving all these ideas, especially the ones about the demonic spells. Lemme know if you need any more localization text!

1 Like

I’d second this. It’s a nightmare trying to find the latest release and, as previously mentioned, failmuseum didn’t create the thread so they can’t just edit the first post. This CKII mod is developed enough to warrant its own thread imo

4 Likes

I support the action as well.

How do you add custom portraits?

What are the weight tiers? I’m playing as the duchess of Castle and she’s at 215 and is at blob level. What comes next?

That’s it for now, you need a potion to get immobility it’s called temporary obesity. It goes soft body pot belly then I think chubby fatty rotund butterball and blob of I remember right (been playing ck3). Blobs last level

1 Like

That’s it for the current build, but the next update will have immobile be the next weight level at 200. I will also have to figure how I want to handle the vanilla game’s obesity modifier soon because of it. I’m thinking maybe have the warning appear at 125 and then have it be given at 150 weight level. The update is coming along slowly, but I am getting there (almost done with the hunting feast events, then I just need to get the final hunting events themselves in). I will also make a new thread dedicated to this specific project once that update is ready.

5 Likes

Would the immobility give regency like temporary obesity or would it just effect martial skill.

It would put the character into a regency to keep the events that describe mobility from appearing as often as possible.

2 Likes

Would there be a way to avoid immobility while still having your ruler gain? Whenever I played my queen would sort of just snowball and keep gaining no matter what after a certain point

No, Immobility is going to happen once you reach 200. I will, however make it so that every weight pulse will chip away at your character’s weight once you reach certain thresholds (it’ll probably be -10 or -15 weight level every weight pulse if you reach immobility, so it won’t take too long to slim back down to a non immobile state). I’m going to be putting a lot of immobile specific events and interactions so players that want to keep gaining still have something to do.

2 Likes

You can avoid regency all together by turning it off

1 Like

This is a very enjoyable mod, looking forward to seeing the new update soon! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I think I’m going to tone down the hunting events for now, just so I can get an update out sometime soon. I think I burned myself out working on the non fetish content and that kinda sapped my desire to spend all day nearly everyday on the project. I do intend to fully flesh it out like I had planned, but you might be getting a simpler version of it for now (main thing is that predators and the more complex hunting partner’s assassination system won’t be present since those were pretty much the last things I had to do for it. The hunting feasts are nearly complete, a long with the ability to spike them.

1 Like

Made some progress on the drawing again, Here’s the WIP of the line art so far:

Might have to rework the chin and mouth depending on how the eyes pan out. Also, these are not the colors I’m using, just to be clear. Also not too happy with my adjustments to the cheeks, I’ll probably go back to something much closer to the sketch.

9 Likes

@deator gave me some localizations for the self weighing event. So now when you weigh your character, you will have a numerical weight value shown, and then a full description of the event with three different versions based on whether your character has a positive, negative, or neutral opinion towards their current weight.

6 Likes

Tfw I’m just now trying this today despite knowing about it for months because I was under the assumption I would need to pay for the base game and didn’t even bother to see if I was actually correct about that… facepalm

1 Like

you did have to pay for it…until they made it free to advertise ck3 with cosmetic events lol

1 Like