Crusader Kings 3: Weight Gain and Consequences

I see, what about carnalities (mine at least seems broken)

Thereā€™s a specific patch for that, too.

The issue with compatibility for 1.8.1 appears to be that Paradox have changed the format/path for some types of events, meaning that they have to be adjusted to match.

Still canā€™t get it workingā€¦pain

I have it ā€˜workingā€™ but there is a bug in low male weights, probably due to a problem with CBO. Iā€™ll post the load order later.

1 Like

Ok, so hereā€™s what I got in terms of load order (I play with CFP but not Carnalitas or EPE due to me having no interest in Carnalitas features and CBO not having proper compatibility patches for EPE):

CBO
CBO Vanilla (may be necessary for WGC to ā€˜findā€™ and morph the right nodes)
CBO CFP Compatibility
CFP + CBO Quickpatch (itā€™s in the CBO forum thread on loverslabs)
GUK Fix Character Body Overhaul
Weight Gain and Consequences

If you use Carnalitas there might be more issues and I suspect that the cumulative attempts at patching between CBO and Carnalitas may not be helping.

Any mod that changes body meshes or adds clothing will need a compatibility patch that tailors every additional item to work with CBO, applied to each individual item. Every time Paradox adds new clothing, they have to be adapted for the mod. IMO, thatā€™s why the original dev had trouble/frustrations with patching and updating.

I donā€™t use the cfp (I find it brakes to many things so donā€™t use it) I do use carnalities and itā€™s other sub mods which could be where the break is happeningā€¦ so it seems Iā€™ve got to wait to actually use the mods againā€¦pain.

Any shot this mod will get picked up again and continued, or is it too much of a nuisance with new updates and mangeā€™s mod?

Is this still true? Do you think itā€™ll be picked back up? Can you revert to a previous version of the game?

Not even minutes after making my last post, I was somehow able to get a game working on the current version. Events, traits, and body mods seem to all be workingā€¦

Yeah I donā€™t know where it broke in my mod set up, but I got it working somehow as well, occasionally it crashes but eh.

The load order I use has never crashed on me, I just keep them at the bottom of the load order. The only mods that are below are CFP and some enhanced map mod. Mods Iā€™d keep out are EPE and Cultures Expanded, or any other mod that changes character appearance/adds cultures because theyā€™ll need compatches to avoid texture corruption and other weirdness.

I keep it towards the bottom as well, i just didnā€™t know what was causing the crash after mod updates

How you you increase the weight of people in your house?

Outside of just using the debug menu, thereā€™s a lot of traits you can combine to increase weight.

In order of calc weight (how much each trait affects character weight): Gluttonous, Comfort Eater, Drunkard, Hashishiyah, Lazy, Greedy, Calm, Trusting, Gregarious, Patient, Arrogant and Ambitious are the vanilla traits you can use, as well as the Reveller Lifestyle traits (obtained from repeated feasts).
Thereā€™s also the appetite traits from the mod which are congenital, so try marrying characters to others with increased appetites to pass those traits on to their children.
The opposites of all of these traits also make characters lose weight so bear that in mind.

Hosting feasts will also increase the weight of characters that attend, and if youā€™re a feudal/clan kingdom/empire (and have the Royal Court DLC), try to keep the court expenditures as high as possible, especially the food. The tooltips in game show you how each expenditure affects weight gain.

Characterā€™s weights update once per year on their birthday, so if you see events where youā€™re meant to gain X weight that wonā€™t be added until your birthday.

Thereā€™s also other mods that can make certain traits more common within dynasties, such as House Traditions and Personality Dynasty Legacies if you want to really hone in on certain traits.

1 Like

do you have the right variant of CBO? there are multiple versions for various other mods such as the community clothing pack that added in a ton of clothes

Does anyone know if there is a way I could increase the maximum weight?

What exact mod list and order works?

CBO (linked in the first post) is required, then put WGaC below it in the load order. Keep these at the bottom of your load order too. There was a 1.8 patch for CBO that I used to use, but itā€™s since been removed by the author and, after some testing of my own, proved to be unnecessary anyway.

CFP does work with WGaC, just make sure to place it below in the load order. UnifiedUI and all mods that depend on it also work, I keep those above CBO in the load order.

Mods that definitely wonā€™t work are any that add custom cultures, such as EPE, RICE and CE. Theyā€™ll either crash when launching or result in a bunch of texture corruption/removal/general weirdness. For EPE in particular, some people have said that deleting the shaders inside the mod folder fixes this, but others say their game still crashes so itā€™s not a guarentee.

1 Like

I need some help getting this to work. As far as I know I downloaded all the required stuff, but I following the instructions I canā€™t find the correct folder to put it in.
Iā€™m playing it through Xbox game pass on pc if that helps.