Crusader Kings 3: Weight Gain and Consequences

That may be the problem but what’s your load order?

I seem to have got something working, had to create a mod folder and move stuff around.
I’m guessing it requires a slow start as I started massive and then dropped 100 lbs/kgs within the first couple of months, unless that’s a bug?
I also seem to get given the short height trait very early on? Odd issues occuring but at leats it is running.

If you can’t sustain your weight if it’s high then you drop down immediately. You do need a mod folder to run any and all mods my guess is the game pass version doesn’t allow for a mod folder by default (I use the steam version which has it set up automatically). Does it give you the option to adjust load order? This could solve future problems you may be having

Yeah I got it working for the most part, honestly I feel I need a month off work to work out how to play the game in general :sweat_smile: It’s a bit too complex for me I think.
I worked out the best way to avoid the sudden drop is to start small and work your way up, however still can’t work out why the character suddenly gains the very short trait unless giant is picked…
Now I just need to stop blowing all my cash on food super early and try and play the game in a balanced way, or I guess choose a richer starting location…?

The height system is pretty broken, basically the mod assigns characters a height trait based on their height value (0-1000). Tall heights are only given above 850 iirc, while short heights get given ~600 and below. To make things worse, the mod doesn’t take into account that females are typically shorter so they have the same height system applied to them, meaning the vast majority have short height traits.

On the plus side, you can modify character’s heights by enabling the option through the WGaC settings in the Decisions tab. From there you can modify each character’s height by right clicking on their portrait and selecting Change Height Menu (or something along those lines).

1 Like

Richer starting location would help, although a good way to learn the gist of playing is actually either early Ireland or the Iberia in pieces bookmark locations choosing the middle king (it teaches you the gist of assassination and war for claims as well as some fun incest (if you don’t care for it you aren’t playing the game right lol))

1 Like

Is there a feeder or feedee trait? If so how do you get it/what is the console command for it?

Their isn’t any trait like that implemented

Alright, how do you gain weight consistently? The only way I have seen is through events and stuff. My character also loses weight randomly, is that a glitch or a feature?

I gave a detailed guide further up, or here if you want.

There’s also a mod called Character UI Overhaul that lets you view characters’ base weight (the weight they have at birth), current weight and target weight (what their weight will drift to each year, not necessarily what their weight will be on their next birthday). To do this just hover over the heart icon where you’d normally view the character’s health. This mod probably needs to be below Unified UI in the load order (if you’re using that) to get all of its features (something I just now realised I haven’t been doing, whoops), but the weight details work if you have it above so if that’s all you’re using it for it doesn’t matter.

There’s also Debug Toggle if you want easy access to the debug menu, just press F11. This can be anywhere in the load order.

1 Like

Oh ok thank you for that. I fixed the rapid weight loss (I was using console commands and added to my weight that way, which breaks it) so I should be good now. I will definitely be using all of those traits mentioned in your guide

You need to sustain your weight, if your character is gluttonous, has comfort eater and large appetite with high food court amenities they Fucking balloon, I also have a mod that disables cooldowns so my character has feasts a lot more (but that’s me)

How do you get large appetite? My character doesn’t have an appetite trait (nothing that I can see anyway)

It’s a congenital trait, similar to Genius or Herculean. There’s 3 stages of appetite traits for large and small, so you want to marry with characters with large appetite traits for a higher chance of their children having it. Marrying characters with the same tier of congenital trait (e.g., large appetite 1) guarantees that their children will inherit it, with a chance of it strengthening to a higher tier.

1 Like

what @Wulf_Diomhaireachd said, if you are making a custom ruler you could also put it on, it’s at the bottom of the list. It is also worth pointing out that once you unlock Dynasty of Large men or women the trait is more likely to appear in offspring. (If you want to cheat this just edit the values needed to unlock the dynasty perk, I’ve done it for this and fertility)

I was wrong, that introduces way more bugs so keep Character UI Overhaul above Unified UI if you’re using both

Oh ok, I’m just having problems getting my characters fertility back. I am at the highest stage and I have a bunch of fertility perks but I am still infertile

for some reason I installed the but it will not show up in the mod order and I don’t know why

@Bioshock_God The Blob trait has a -90% fertility debuff so you’d need to counteract that to return to your character’s base fertility (which varies from character to character). However females older than 45 have their fertility set to 0% unless they have traits or dynasty perks that expressly add years of fertility.

To my knowledge there’s only 1 dynasty perk that adds that in the base game, however there are plenty of mods that add traits that do the same thing, such as Blood of Norse Gods and Blood of Greek Gods (I really do play with a load of mods, huh). These are a bunch of congenital traits that can become insanely overpowered if you inherit a bunch of them, but if that’s how you like to play then go for it.

@Fat_gamer Make sure you have both the weight_gain_and_consequences folder and .mod file placed in Documents > Paradox Interactive > Crusader Kings III > mod, and not in a folder together inside that path.

and on top of what Wulf said there are usually 2 files on extraction, a folder that contains the in game data and a .mod file that is used by the launcher