Crusader Kings 3: Weight Gain and Consequences

Yeah the blob perk reduces fertility by like 90% or so, delete the fertility modifier for the weight perks so it isn’t effected.

You could also modify the values if they are to annoying for you to deal with, what I did, kept everything else.

Hey ya’ll, I got the mod, and I’ve got to say, in the brief time I played it, it’s a blast. Though I gotta ask, is there a feed scheme for this mod? I read somewhere that there’ll be one but it doesn’t seem to be in the game.

It’s not even close to complete, their were features planned but I think the author of the mod is waiting for more updates to come and break the game (lol)

on top of that we get a whole new logistics system with the advent of the travel mechanics…which may be fun given the nature of this forum

Ah I see.
Is there a way to make the WGAS events more frequent? I’m relatively new to CK3 and don’t fully know how mods work. lol

Go to the mod folder and navigate to common > on_action > obesity_on_action.txt. Scroll to where the random events are listed and you can change the values for how likely they are to trigger each month (at least I think it’s each month). The default values are:

random_events = {
	50 = 0
	#Eating extra
	6 = random_weight.0001
	#Cleaning up the room
	6 = random_weight.0008
	#Sedentary lifestyle
	6 = random_weight.0010
	#Sweets merchant arrives
	6 = random_weight.0003
	#Raiding the kichen at night
	6 = obesity_lifestyle.0002
	#Breaking a chair
	5 = weight_consequences.0001
	#Crushing spouse
	10 = weight_consequences.0008
	#Breaking the bed
	5 = weight_consequences.0012
	# Pantry thief
	5 = obesity_lifestyle.0007
}

Each number before the event ID is the % chance of the event firing, so you can pick and choose which events you want to fire (or are more likely to fire). Just make sure that they all add up to 100.

That will be helpful, I find I get certain events (like sneaking out to eat at night) to not be happening soon enough that my characters are to fat. I also don’t get the night pantry thief as much either.

I can’t wait for that to get updated with this. The idea of my monarch being such a fatass they need a special procession to move them from their castles to their he many feasts of their vassals celebrating their enormity.

Many thanks! I kept getting the bed crushing event (which is hot don’t get me wrong) but it happens so frequent, I’m more stressed my guy would die lol. Now I can make the night pantry and sweets merchant happen more frequent, and we all know that that means…

Do all of them need to add up to 100 or is it just within a range of 100?

I’d assume add up to 100 since that’s what the default values do. If they total below 100 then the remaining % will probably go to no event being fired, but I’m not sure what would happen if they totalled above 100. Maybe the calculation would only count up to 100 then anything after that (e.g., the values add to 100 before adding the Pantry Thief %) wouldn’t be counted, or maybe it would break the whole calculation and no random events would fire.
Conveniently there are 10 possible events there (including the no event option) so you could make them all equally possible by setting each of them to 10%, or customise them to whatever your preferences are.

1 Like

Wait the 50=0 is random? if that is the case the math is a bit off then as default event percentages don’t equal below 50, but 55. Does that mean that all of them aren’t added together then? that I could set them all to say 20% and they would all fire correctly?

Oh I hadn’t even noticed that, yeah they add up to 105% for some reason. But the 50=0 means there is (or should be, that total % might mess with things) a 50% chance that no event from that list gets fired for that year. Also turns out I need to learn how to read, the first section in that file is:

random_yearly_everyone_pulse = {
on_actions = {
weight_check_on_action
random_weight_on_action
force_feeding_check_on_action
}
}

So each of those event chains should fire once per year if I’m interpreting that correctly.

I have no idea what would happen if the total % is changed since I don’t make mods, but as it’s already above 100% then maybe it just treats every event separately so there’s a chance - albeit minute - that you could receive multiple of those events in the same year, but that doesn’t explain why 50=0 is there since that would give the same result either way; 50% that no event does happen and 50% that no event doesn’t happen. Perhaps it is just an error in the default figures, but we’d need Vocon or somebody else who knows how this code works exactly to confirm it.

My guess, if My miniscule value of anything regarding programing is worth a damn, the game may be checking the numbers against the 50, then running a role to see if it triggers, thats the only reason I can think of that it has that 50=0 (my miniscule coding knowledge comes from pokemon, see 256 glitch)

So my friends I am here to announce the release of the new Chapter 2 pack of CK3, which is just a fancy way of saying the Season 2 expansion pass, it includes the Elegance of the Empire clothes bundle

3 Likes

Game is currently 50% off on Steam, if anyone’s interested :slight_smile:

Been playing the new dlc, modified its files to alter cooldowns (thank you AlzaboHD for telling me about the files that you can alter for ck3) I had fun with this modified version, although I will state I have no idea how A) hunting Works and B) get experience for traits, now certain traits have come, some have a low curve like hunting which is just annoying to get xp for. Feasts are…interesting as are the wedding and yours and tournaments. I have had multiple tours of just plan lechery, if this mod was to be updated for it it would be cool to see a tour for sampling the food of your kingdom/empire. Tournament would be cool to have an eating contest aspect added. A mobility hiring for your bloated ruler for travel would also be lol.

Does WGaC still work post patch and with the new dlc? It hasn’t been updated for quite some time but has still been playable up to this point.

If it’s broken I probably won’t be patching past version Robe for the foreseeable future.

Haven’t tested it yet but I haven’t seen anything that changes how the characters are rendered. The new clothes might look a bit funky and there was something about one-armed male children now actually having one arm but other than that all the models should be fine. A load of event systems were changed though so the random events and/or decisions may be broken.

1 Like