Crusader Kings 3: Weight Gain and Consequences

Turns out I zipped the wrong files, and the older version of PA I have isn’t for 1.8. I have even older versions of the others though and I’ve got them mostly working, just WGaC giving me pain (as usual). I’ll send a link once everything’s working again.

Alright hopefully this should work. CBO, WGaC and the CBO-CFP Compatch for 1.8, although I did have a bit of trouble getting CFP to properly work. Only characters I noticed had missing clothes were the HRE emperor and his wife, otherwise everything was fine. I ended up disabling CFP because I didn’t really want that, you could manually assign them different clothes each time though.

Only other sort-of bug I found is just a bug with WGaC in general, you can’t use the Change Height Interaction on someone until they have a height trait assigned, which (should) happen at some point within the first year in game.

Here’s my load order, with CFP put it below CBO then the compatch below that. Congenital Beauty makes the skin look loads better, I can’t play without it.

3 Likes

All working now, thank you again!!!

Unfortunately for 1.9 it is fundamentally broken

So like, it seems to me the demand is there for a fat mod of some kind, and it’s not like vocon owns the concept of that. I’ve been at times wondering if I should try to step up to it, but I don’t think I’d really commit myself, seemingly like vocon.

I don’t even particularily care if the foundation made here is built upon or not.

Is there anyone who’d feel up for trying

5 Likes

The work needed to fix the crunchy elements of the mod (UI, changes to weight gain, sliders, etc) is beyond my pay grade, though I can help with project management and writing (most I’ve done in the past is private event mods for CK2). Until there’s someone that can either replicate CBO’s meshes or otherwise remove that dependency, I would strongly recommend not trying to push sizes too far beyond vanilla in any replacement or revamped wg mod.

Though I am biased in not having much interest in blob content and preferring mod compatibility over graphics, I do think there’s a lot of fun to be had in just giving people more things to do with weight and associated stuff before trying to push the envelope again.

1 Like

The undress mod was just updated on steam to 1.9, so its not incompatible on my playthrough. Does anyone have the 1.8.2 version? I can’t find it anywhere else.

How do you install / use this mod as i have CK3 on steam and idk how to install it lol

Im not sure how it would go with update, but once the game is installed it creates a folder in your documents named Paradox Interactive, go into it, then CK3 then you should find a folder marked Mods, go into it, extract and it is installed, just Add it to mod profile

I really liked playing with this mod, but I really wished there were things like scheming to fatten other characters or something, closest we had was forcefeeding prisoners.
I hope this gets updated or somebody comes along and continues the mod themselves as there’s no other alternative mods for CK3 for such a niche fetish.

I agree I really miss this mod in my games, I had the fattest Queen and fattest family, my daughters were huge!

part of the problem with CK3 is that it is far more restricted than ck2 and is currently getting under the hood changes every update, so mods have to be reworked a lot every update if even one under the hood change occurs

maybe once we get a pretty stable direction for CK3 and they stop changing every system completely to work with the new DLCs, we can start looking to something that is more expansive than number changers but until then… eh

5 Likes

Anyone here willing to take the existing files and continue this man’s work? Or perhaps create a whole new mod totally? I really loved where this mod was going and really wanna play an up-to-date version of it. I’d even be willing to support a Patreon of one who does it.

To continue this mod would likely require a complete re-write at this point. I’ve no experience in Clausewitz but I do know Paradox loves changing methods and variable names each update for whatever reason, so with the amount of fixes needed to be done you may as well start from scratch. And that’s without considering the multiple changes CBO has undergone since WGaC was last updated, and the changes it’s continuing to get with the community patch in Mange’s absence.

Like I said earlier, the most obvious path forward would be to just ignore CBO now and refocus back on vanilla content, just because of the instability on that side of modding and the scale of work required to maintain compatibility. I wouldn’t say the work needed to catch back up with the current patch isn’t infeasible right now, the biggest issues are all on the GUI side of things, followed by updating effects and events to adjust for how things like feasts are handled now.

honestly? I’d recommend a complete rework considering how many things changed in the past 2 years, the number of things one could do with the tours and tournaments (eating contests), royal court food standards, struggles from fate of Iberia and the new clan system in legacy of Persia would completely change how any WG mod could interact with the game compared to how this original mod interacted with everything

2 Likes

That’s pretty good, cus royal food court already has weigh gain attached to different levels of food quality. But maybe some special events depending on the food status with your courtiers would be cool. Honestly with all that’s been updated to the game, there’s tons of ideas that could be implimented to the game, even if it’s just the vanilla game without DLC.
The only thing is…any volunteers to update this mod?

2 Likes

helo i somehow fix the mod butt its still broken the characters is very odd and its buggy but the traits work it was buggy because of the weight and height and so I removed it. I dont know how to fix it the characters I was doing it with trial and error so some feature will not be there. If you know how to fix it please help i combined this mod with physical attributes. I think the feast events didnt word

Which files did you change? There’s three different sets of changes that are needed to make the mod functional; removing references to CBO/Physical Attributes (trust me, it’ll be better to re-add this later or make compatibility a submod), converting the UI to the newest format (see https://ck3.paradoxwikis.com/Interface), and updating references that call events/variables in the game (this last bit is why the feast event is bugged, the timer changes have to be changed or removed)

I am not a modder so i dont know what you talking about but the mod works with cbo I think