Crusader Kings 3: Weight Gain and Consequences

OH. I had not seen the ‘documents’ part. It’s there now.
Thank you and sorry for the hassle.

I have Mange’s mod, but only the faces seem to be fatter/skinnier than usual and the bodies not so much. Is there a way to fix this?

none of the special options for Mange’s mod (that I’m assuming there are) in the character creator for are showing up either - most likely an issue with his mod and not yours

You need to download all three parts, when that is don in zip the male and female body mesh folders into the core nods folders

1 Like

What I did was I moved the gfx file from the male and female zipped files into the main char_body_overhaul folder. Is that incorrect? What do I do differently if so?

are you saying i unzip the male/female body zips into both the char_body_overhaul folder and the WG cand consequences folder?

I managed to fix it by just redoing all of the steps. Thank you!!

No problem enjoy the mod, I know I do.

2 Likes

I realize now that both mine and Mange’s (since his mod is more of a resource for other modders rather than a standalone mod) instructions weren’t clear enough for users who aren’t well versed in Paradox modding. I’ll try to make the installation process clearer when I have some free time.

In the meantime, to raise some hype for the new update, I’ll tell you about some things that I have already mostly implemented that will be in the new 1.2 version.

First of all, there will be a few new physical traits that represent the genetics of weight gain. The trait that everyone here will certainly want to avoid is “weak stomach”, which hinders weight gain quite significantly. This trait will only have one lvl, since I doubt anyone will have a desire to deal with it, although it could be interesting to fatten up a character with this trait.

A trait line that would be a little bit more interesting is “abnornal appetite”. It represents the genetic syndromes and hormonal disfunctions that lead to weight gain. You will probably still want to avoid it, because it gives debuffs to health (while being obese already gives heavy debuffs!) and fertility, and such characters will die early if they don’t watch their weight, but it will be comparatively common and will let you have higher base target weight and stuff more food into your stomach. Although it would be hard for such characters to resist their appetite, so the coffers and prestige will take a toll.

Now, finally, the trait line that I think most people here will want to obtain is the “naturally big” line of traits. It will be an alternatve to the strong line and will have similar effects, but instead of applying the moderation effect to your weight, it increases your base target weight and like “abnormal appetite” will let you stuff more food into your belly, leading to faster weight gain. It also gives decent health bonuses to offset the maluses of being obese. This trait, however, will be very rare and only the first level will occur naturally, so you would probably want to find and marry characters with this trait. To obtain higher levels, you will need to do some breeding or try something else that will let you improve or get this trait, which I will not talk about for now since it’s still a concept. In any case, like the “abnormally big” trait it leads to higher appetite and you will have to fork out in order to feed a character with this trait.

“Gainer” trait will get a rework and will no longer be an improvable lifestyle, since I now don’t think it was a good concept. Instead, it will be a secret trait similar to witch/deviant which represents the fetish of wanting to gain weight and become fatter. Likewise, a secret trait “fat admirer” will also be added and it will represent both general sexual attraction towards fat people and also the “feederism” fetish. I know these two things are separate, but for simplicity they are combined, since most people here are probably both. The attitude to these traits is the same as the attitude towards deviancy (unless being gluttonous is a virtue in your faith, in which case these fetishes will actually be praised), so in most religions they will be hidden and it will be harder to find people who align with your tastes.

I’m also thinking about adding two lifestyle trees for gainer and fat admirer traits where you will progress by doing the appropriate things (gaining weight or fattening others up) and gain bonuses for these activities, but currently I’m not sure about it. Let me know if you think it’s a good idea.

Lastly, there are some minor changes that will effect the gameplay. Preference inheritance got reworked, although it still functions similarly. People with parents of the opposite sex who were fat or particularly gluttonous will have an increased chance to become fat admirers, while people with parents of the same sex who were fat and gluttonous could become gainers upon reaching 18. There will also be a way to develop those inclinations through gameplay, if you weren’t “lucky” enough. You will also be able to adjust frequencies of these fetishes fot both genders using game rules or disable them for a certain gender entirely.

I made obesity a little bit worse, since I’m more into the realistic side of it rather than the cartoony/cute portrayal that’s prevalent in weight gain/fat fetish art. Now fat people will have complexion problems like ugly people, but tiers of beauty and naturally big will protect against that. Perhaps I could implement a minor makeup/skin care system to let other characters deal with it, but we’ll see.

Obese mothers now have significantly higher risks of complications during pregnancy, just like in real life. “Naturally big” mothers will suffer less from this, however.

A lot more is planned or was implemented already, but the new verson will require a lot of time, because unfortunately I can’t spend as much time on it as I wish I could. When I hopefully deal with the stuff in real life, I will be able to work a lot more on this mod. I have tons of features planned and designed, so in the end it should be a pretty fun update, I hope.

7 Likes

Can’t wait, I like the idea of more realistic obesity, makes it more fun, I imagine my ruler a fucking blob of lard unable to even waddle without a litter to help him move around.(like the Lord to fat to sit a horse in the ASOIAF series)

1 Like

Yeah, there should be more flavour events for different weight stages, especially super obese/near immobility and full immobility. I’ll try to think of something. Also if you think there are some vanilla immersion breaking events (for example, you’re immobile, but it says you mounted a horse or fought someone), tell me, and I’ll try fixing it by adding a new trigger or a new option.

2 Likes

This was a post that I look forward to the best in the future, thank you for everything.

3 Likes

I’ll keep an eye out for anything like that, I play with a few mods so they may have weird events taking place that my character is incapable of doing (cfp and Viet) to name a couple

thanks for all your work :slight_smile: The lifestyle trees sound like a nice addition to me personally

1 Like

Would love to test it but can’t get either Mange’s mod or this one to work

Why? Is the mod not installed right or is it bot showing up in your playlist? Extracting Weight gain consequences to the mod folder of the paradox ck3 document folder should install this mod right installing the body meshes is a bit trickier I explained it up top earlier.

Neither shows up in the playlist.

Do other mods work? Did you extract it into the right folder (Documents/Paradox Interactive…, not the folder with the game)? Did you click on “Add more mods” in the Playsets tab?

The Witch Coven stuff currently in the game is probably a straightforward section of the game to take inspiration from for implementing this idea. - while the game remains in its current form

I rarely use the coven stuff since it takes a long time, does the coven stuff have WG?