Crusader Kings 3

Definitely looking forward to this! Everything looks great so far, thanks for keeping us updated!

5 Likes

Please, take all the time you need! I definitely would rather play a complete mod than an unfinished one.

2 Likes

Thank you, everybody, I am trying as fast as I can, but models take a lot of time. (I just saw that Iā€™ve spent over 16 hours on models and animations in blender and maya and I havenā€™t even finished default clothes yet)

Also, I broke the 5487 polygons limit, now I can make models a bit smoother.
I am currently working with rigging, because blob model (which is literally a blob) overlaps some points and makes it all go crazy.

8 Likes

Thatā€™s seriously impressive. Gameā€™s been out shy of a week, and youā€™ve already modded past the limitations of models.

3 Likes

I still have to smooth it more, but at least it is not so edgy as it was.
(Also, the neck problem is common even with default paradox models, they literally simply were hiding these holes by using clothing)

And as you can see, the textures and shading morphs a lot, causing these dark lining artifacts to appear. I have to draw a more datailed texture, but I am still not able to edit it, even with all nvidia and paradox plugins.

11 Likes

I cannot wait for this Iā€™m ready for it

3 Likes

You sound really in tune with how the game functions, so Iā€™m sure you can find a workaround eventually. :3

2 Likes

I wonder if thereā€™s a way to manually set a goal weight for your character. Like maybe one character only wants to be obese but then another character is willing to go all the way to blob form. Iā€™ll admit Iā€™m not one for blobs as it can seems a bit unrealistic to me and weight in the CK2 mod always seems to snowball, so youā€™re either thin or eventually going to hit max weight

1 Like

I like the body and the face models are good but they do hit an uncanny valley for meā€¦I am not much of a fat face fan for 2D, find it creepy in 3d, and it is a turn off for real. But dont let that stop you from making them, also those upper arms look more swoll then chonk not gonna lie, all in all a solid product so far considering paradoxā€™s tendency to make things fun to play but a stroke to work with

2 Likes

I ll make a copy for you without fat face.
I ll try my best to fix hands, but clauswitz engine does not care about weight on the model, so they do not sag down as they should.

1 Like

This is not a problem, It is pretty easy to create a decision like that, but it will surely make the weight gain/loss process and all involved problems much less interesting. It would look like a cheat tool.

Also, I do not think you need it, since there are already ā€œTry to gain weight decisionā€ which will make you slowly gain weight which involves some events and you can stop it when you are satisfied.

1 Like

you dont even need to do that, just a rule for fat faced models could be useful if the code allows it, have not had the time to look into it nor will I until a stable version is set however many years that would take knowing paradox and early DLCs removing content

edit due to how quickly that was: I think he means like the AI picks their preferred weight and then tries to manage it as best they can

2 Likes

Simply replacing files is much faster, but If you want, I ll do it.

AI actually simply has two states - normal face and itā€™s variations and fat face_1 and fat face_2. It simply chooses face 2 or face 1 as a maximum point and morph original face. The higher the weight parameter - the more it resembles fat face model.

Upd. I read it again and I get it now, lol
Well, AI already picks preferred weight by default, it is called target_weight.
By default AI tries to maintain target weight between -50 and 50, but every feast adds 7 points to target weight, while hunting reduces.

In a modded version, AI tries to maintain 0 weight. And it actually does it pretty good, because I unlocked weight gain and weight lose options by default. Also, you get only 2 weight points by using feast option.

2 Likes

A little update:

1. Added set_target weight tool for Skinny_Guy - you can choose any characters target weight. Just right click on character and itā€™ll get you to the window where you can choose everything.
  2. Fixed neck clipping (finally!)
7 Likes

Wow thanks! I thought my idea was too niche to actually be implemented lol. Thatā€™s super awesome dude!

2 Likes

May I make a couple of suggestions of things to add?

I was wondering if feasts could have their cooldown timers timers reduced from five years to maybe two instead. I think the gold cost should remain the same, though Iā€™m not certain about how extreme the piety or prestige rewards would be with a change like this.

The other is more of a question if itā€™s possible. Is it possible to have more than three major personality traits on a character at once? The reason I ask is because gluttony is a personality trait, so because there arenā€™t any/many ways to change or add major personality traits in vanilla, I am curious about the potential for events having characters become gluttonous.

You are doing a great job so far :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Thank you!

Funny thing - I actually already reduced them to 1, because once per 5 years seemed super strange to me. I am glad that you thought about this too, since it means, that I made a right thing.

It is possible, I checked it, my character already has like 20+ traits.
And I dont know what are you talking about not being able to add traits, since I already made a ā€œBlobā€ trait (which gives -5 on every stat, health penalty and ban to leading armies and changes event responses options).

5 Likes

I meant the three large square traits that you get from childhood most of the time. Things like zealous, cynical, gluttonous, temperate, lustful, chaste, wroth, patient, compassionate etc. I am asking if in the coding they have a distinction that prevents more than three of those being added. Kinda of like CK2ā€™s lifestyle traits, where most of the events to get the other traits wouldnā€™t fire if you already had one (hunter, hedonist, gardener, mystic etc.)

1 Like

As far as I know, zealous, just, cynical etc are obtainable through whole life.
Same goes to lustful, chaste, gluttonous etc, since these are sins and virtues.

2 Likes

Made a base for ā€œFatocracyā€ type government.
Nothing super fancy, couple of events and a ā€œthe fattest child inherits everythingā€ option and ā€œchildren get titles in proportion to their weightā€. I just thought it would be funny.
You have to have hedonistic faith to change to this government type tho and is still pretty buggy, so I may not include it into first mod release until everything is sorted out.

UPD. Just in case. By children - I mean adult heirs and title contestants. NOT minors/toddlers/kids etc.

5 Likes