Crusader Kings 3

The CK2 modding benefits from there being way, waaaaay more existing mod work to look at and learn off, as well as better documentation - let alone the additional complexity of 3D modelling within the engine, addressing any bugs in CK3 that might get in the way and the risk of updates breaking things.

5 Likes

To anyone who has knowledge of nodding in curious would a wow conversion work with Ck3 given that they have 3D models

Definitely. AGOT, Elder Scrolls, Warcraft, Lord of the Rings were all mods for CK2, and some of these are already in development for CK3.

but how would that work for 3D models, I would think wow model viewer or even the wow dressing room

you’d have to convert the models to the model engine for CK3 and see how they work, sometimes how these engines interpret stuff may be very wrong and your model might just warp and implode on itself

There’s already a mod out for fantasy races:

Plus, the character creator’s coming out in the near future.

I noticed in the character creator we have body “types”, I feel any mod that does weight gain in CK3 can make fun use of that feature

1 Like

They could, the vanilla doesn’t really show any NOTICABLE changes with these features of body type Apple 1 and Apple 2 have very little difference in them.

1 Like

for sure, different body types would be amusing, it is unfortunate models take time and patience to make work to the point people sometimes strait up abandon working on them cause they dont work right

3 Likes

No there ARE different body types, it just does little. There is a mod to see them in effect.

1 Like

Do you have a link to this mod? I can’t seem to find it

It opens a lot of Gene options and stuff

2 Likes

that’s what I was referring to, but in a weight gain into those shapes kind of sense, lol

Yeah with size potion like from the ck2 option that’s be good. God I really want a bloody monarch now for Ck3 and stop fantasizing how large my queen is when playing ck2

1 Like

You know… I’m still interested in this mod, hope it isn’t just me.

3 Likes

if you are then you can try your hand at some work on a version of fat ck3, it seems the original poster has gone MIA and since this is a general thread it does not mean this is an exclusive to their mod lol

2 Likes

Shame they didn’t at least share the models before disappearing off the face of the earth, they looked very good.

2 Likes

I think they were unhappy with how angular the models were at the time and were just sort of previewing an “alpha” of them, and since the models at the time suffered some source problems for CK3 that were fixed after this creator left they might have intended to release them after the fix, but that is in the past

2 Likes

Maybe when the Crusader Kings 2 weight gain mod gets finished we can see about potentially resurrecting this one! Also I wonder if there is a way to increase the amount of polygons that the 3D models use, because I completely agree that they look very “angular” and rigid when you look closely.

from what I can tell the models are locked to a certain size, you’d have to do some hard engine rework to put in higher polycount models, which I bet someone will do…once this game stops going through engine changes like how CK2 did lol