Crusader Kings 3

Ha! Yeah I had a feeling the poly count was hard-locked, but that hasn’t stopped modders before in other games. I suppose we’ll just have to wait and see. Either way, I have been enjoying how big you can make female rulers in the vanilla game for the time being. (Whichever Paradox developer thought up the Comfort Eater trait, I salute you good sir.)

5 Likes

Probably is into it.

2 Likes

Whatre the odds OP hasn’t responded because he’s been workin hard on this mod?

What are the odds you’re actually wondering this, and not just attempting to flout the “don’t ask for updates” rule?

1 Like

https://www.loverslab.com/files/file/16683-sex-animations-more-character-shapes-and-models-for-easier-animation/ This has made characters fatter (or it’s supposed to, I’m going to thoroughly test the mod to ensure it works with MY set up, then test without. so far extended traits doesn’t work with it, so my advice is to create the characters without it at first then activate the mod, there is no punishment)

6 Likes

Oh, thanks for posting this! I will definitely check it out soon.

No problem though it changes little their is no health events or flavor events relating to being Obese or fat, so it’s kind of just “hey my ruler is fat and lazy.” So really wish for some flavor events relating to obesity, but it’s sill nice to have larger characters.

As someone waiting to play CK3 after my mods have been updated to become compatible with the new update, does anyone know if they added Fat related content or events IE Like ck2’ HFP fat and obese events?

1 Like

I have the flavor pack DLC, so the next time I play Crusader Kings 3 I’ll let you know if I find anything new.

kewl thanks BTW the Character body mod I linked was updated

1 Like

I am an experienced Paradox games modder and have been contemplating the idea of creating a weight gain/fat mod for Crusader Kings 3. I intend to make it fairly realistic compared to the stuff generally posted to this site. Here are my ideas:
-Overweight, gluttonous, lazy characters have a chance to gain the obesity lifestyle, which will gradually progress like other lifestyles (from level 1 to level 3). This lifestyle will slowly increase the weight of the character. The character can choose to combat this lifestyle (to get rid of it) or embrace it (to progress faster). Spouse gets events to encourage this weight gain or try to combat it.
-Overweight people have events to break furniture and have othe weight-related accidents. If gluttony is a sin, then other people will shame the fat person and his/her spouse, insult them, which will lead to lower prestige and perhaps duel with the offender (if some guy calls your wife fat, you have to defend her honour or lose prestige and become a laughing stock)
-In the future, integration with Carnalitas (to add unique sex events for fat people) and Physical Attributes. More Character Shapes will probably be required from the star since it actually allows you to have way fatter people.

Currently I’m only contemplating this idea, so I can’t promise you that it’s actually going to happen. If you feel like this is a good idea, you can add your suggestions for this kind of mod.

10 Likes

To tell you the truth, I was thinking about creating this mod the day the game came out, but since VT765 created this thread, I decided not to. Unfortunately, he/she disappeared, so it seems someone has to take this matter into their owns hands. The only problem I had is that I am not a graphics designer at all, and so I could not make mordibly obese bodies that would be bigger than what Paradox gave to us. Luckily for us, Mange2020 created a mod which expands weight limit significantly and also adds way more variance in possible body shapes. With his “Physical Attributes” mod it would also be possible to reference individual shapes, i.e. to differentiate between girls with big/small breasts or girls with big/small butts. So the future of weight gain content for this game looks bright.

I decided not to waste any time and quickly set up the basics of this mod.
I created 3 levels of the obesity lifestyle and made them have effect on the character’s weight. I also made several steps of obesity, now it’s overweight (>=25), obese (>=50), morbidly obese (>=75), immobile (>=95).

I will start coding the actual events soon, hopefully I will not abandon this idea and will put out something for you.

8 Likes

I totally support you in your modding endeavors! It already seems to be starting strong with the work you already did, so as long as you’ve got free time I’m sure you’ll be able to make this an awesome mod! :smiley:

2 Likes

Good luck with the mod then!

3 Likes

Godspeed, vocon92964! You have my full support and I am looking forward to seeing what you can make! :smiley:

1 Like

I look forward to it since I shared the slifer limit increase mod ive been eager for someone to mod the events in. I pray you can give me the gluttony my characters need!

1 Like

Looking forward to trying this mod!

1 Like

The development has gone really well, I’ve already implemented quite a bit of stuff.

Since the interest for this mod is huge (I’m hyped to finally play it myself, haha), I’ll try to release a smaller version soon with partial functionality (and a few bugs :grinning: ) and will slowly work on updating it.

8 Likes

I think some stuff like a WG themed religion where all it’s members gain weight would be pretty sick, but I guess I don’t know how viable that is. I guess you could just have the religion set each members target weight to 100 potentially

1 Like

It is viable and I had plans to add it, but not now. In the first version there will be 3 groups of events: events with opportunities to gain/lose weight for you and your spouse, events resulting from adopting the gainer lifestyle (I renamed obesity lifestyle since it was a misnomer) and events describing the consequences of being fat.
I will work on social consequences of obesity in the next versions, so that religions and individual people will view fat people differently depending on their atttude towards gluttony. They will pretty much hate and bully fat people by default, though. A religion could be added that reverses it and makes gaining a virtue.

4 Likes