Crushing Force - A fat fur fighting game

I’ve noticed that no one can grab Jumbo and Jumba while standing on the ground (except Berta, Jumba and Jumbo), and Jiggly, Enorma, Aroma, Lardo and Zafta can’t grab Berta neither.

2 Likes

Yes, that is intentional. The ungrabable characters are all pachyderms. I made their weaknesses excessive though I.E. Their recovery times, speed, etc. But It only means they are immune to normal grabs from non strength based characters. So Makuyama can throw all of them, and Jiggly’s air grab is considered special so that works as well.

1 Like

Lastest Character I’m working on. Watch her do an arcade run of all the other characters and see if you like what she could be bringing to the cast.

4 Likes

ok, I thought it was some bug related to their size and grab ranges since you can grab them in the air (and if they’re mashing duck or you have godlike timing).
do you think there is a way to communicate that better? like having them auto parrying the grabs or does that mess up other things

2 Likes

I suppose I could make them automatically tech grabs when the attempt is made. But I’m not sure if this is necessary. I may just add something to the movelist to make it known that only 3 are unthrowable and which characters have enough might to throw regardless.

1 Like

It is strange to see a rail thin character in an ocean of incredibly overweight characters. So what did you like about creating the character?

1 Like

Yeah that does seem awkward to me. There’s a stick in cast of characters who are at sizes unfathomable.

1 Like

I love the contrast she brings to the cast. Plus its a character type I haven’t developed yet so its a lot of fun so far.

1 Like

The contrast of two body types makes each look more of itself. She looks extremely thin next to the big bodies and the big bodies look extra big next to her.

1 Like
3 Likes

I have finished Twiggi and I’m proud of this character. Despite being skinny I think y’all will love this character. Try her out today and let me know what you think.

6 Likes

Great stuff man, the contrast is great. I love the portal gimmick, the animations of her partner going through them are a great touch, and the animation where she absorbs the other fighter’s fat is a lot of fun. Is it possible you could make an animation where when she does the super on a fat character, we see a skinny version?! Well, a guy can dream.

2 Likes

The idea of the life steal is that I wanted to show a wither husk of her victim too. So… the good news is that the skinny version is possible but only if it is applied to all of my characters so I could create assets for them. Since I didn’t have time I just used their sprites and scaled them. Maybe in the future i could do this though.

1 Like

Oh, I’m glad to hear that! I thought that might be the reason you decided to show off the life steal on good ol’ karate joe instead on a more meaty character. Twiggi is great as is, it’s crazy how much you improve with each character. The animation on her life steal is insanely nuanced, after that I can imagine why you would be short on time that must have taken ages.

1 Like

I’ve been having fun playing against Twiggi but I have noticed two problems. if you hit Eliza when she spawns to protect Twiggi she will become a clone of Twiggi (I did this with Lardos bealch) and I think Twiggi can’t use her anymore after that. the other thing is that if you block/dodge a fully charged heavy drop it is hard to see where you are because Eliza is so large.

two other things I’ve been wondering is does the character weights do something in game or is it just there for fun?
and can Lardo combo into his down-forward HK? because when I’ve tried he does his sweep instead unless I let the previous move fully recover but then it doesn’t combo properly

2 Likes

Ooh, thanks for alerting me to the bug with Eliza breaking on getting hit by a belch. I’ll look into that.

That a good critique about not being able to see your character after Eliza’s drop I think I have a simple solution to that and I’ll incorporate it next update.

Lardo can’t combo into his overhead, that’s meant more to an opening than something you can combo into.

1 Like

This patched version should fix the issues you listed. I hope it works for you. Dropbox - File Deleted

Also on the question I forgot to cover. The weights of each character don’t really do anything major. But they may have minor effects like block push distance, speed of falling and overall difficulty when moving them. I wanted Jumbo to feel like a mountain closing in on you so his knock back is very little due to his weight, where Twiggi can be hit slightly and be sent across a room.

1 Like

Thanks for the fix (I thought the Twiggi clone would take a lot of time to fix), I’ll let you know if I find a new bug but it seems to work now

1 Like

Sometimes I know what could cause the bug but just didn’t see it myself. This was one of those times. Thanks for checking for me.

2 Likes

New Character coming soon thats in the works, Violet Bunny. My thicc thighed Ninja seamstress.

6 Likes