don't know if there is still a link here for this but here is boundless

Age Check for a dead game this is still highly playable

17 Likes

Can anyone tell me if the know how to finish this game.

Moved to the projects category and marked with the unclaimed tag. For future reference @330x please make sure you make your topics in the correct category.

i didnt know what to categorize it as. It is not my game but i couldn’t find it in this site.

There was a mod being made for it by a member of the community, but the original creator asked them to stop and I guess the post got taken down. It’s a shame.

It really is a shame. Never again will there be something with such a sense of grandiosity and wonder blended with sanitized visceral and grotesque imagery. It worked especially well not in spite of the developer’s sex-repulsion, but perhaps even because of it; matter-of-fact scenes of parasitism and body horror were present to flesh out the setting as necessary, but not dwelt on so as to allow the player to use their imagination whenever they desired.

It definitely had its flaws, of course. Even if the scope of the project could… MOSTLY fit into the confines of Twine, a lot of the systems that were on top of the “text adventure” element were a bit clunky… ESPECIALLY the inventory and crafting system.

Revecroix will likely never do anything with their game ever again, and because the mod author was foolish enough to propose sexual content, nobody else will, either. Any game that attempts to capture the spirit of Boundless will be seen as a pale imitator retreading the same ground or will simply fail at recreating the “recipe.” A pity.

3 Likes

I really, really hate to necro like this, but I’ve searched all over the darned internet for someone who knows something about what happened to Leupai and Revecroix. I love monster and transformation related stuff, but it looks like it all just…vanished. It doesn’t look like there’s any way to specifically message a single user, but I was told you might know something.

I’m not sure who told you that, but I’m afraid I don’t know more than anybody else who followed Boundless.

I will say that it doesn’t surprise me that there’s nothing left. If nothing else, Revecroix/Fruit-Leups always did come off across a bit… Emotionally frail. Supposedly, mod-guy had a bit of an in with Leups, and I’d imagine Leups might have felt a bit betrayed when the idea of sexual content came up. Leups might have been a bit soured on the idea of sharing their baby with a userbase that didn’t share their own intentions. That’s speculation, mind you. There’s lots of potential angles, but only one thing was clear without having to be said: The second Revecroix got spooked or annoyed, this game would be as good as dead, fanbase or not.

1 Like

Dude if you dont mind me asking
From where do you know this?

Like I said, a good deal of that second paragraph is speculation. I don’t actually know that the 4CE (the mod in question) contributed at all to Leupai’s disappearance. In fact, Leupai had already stopped working on the game for quite a while before 4CE came out.

A lot of what I’m going off is memory. Revecroix used to have a tumblr, which is where I read about their sex-repulsion. There were a couple of other details as well, but I doubt it would be polite to list them for the sake of editorializing.

Regardless, how I “know”: Memory and inference. Not enough for a journalist or a lawyer, but it’s what I got.

They still use Tumblr. It actually looks like they’re making a new game

Interesting. My apologies for not seeing those.

We’ll see where that goes.

This game is weird as hell. It’s pretty enjoyable but it’s so bizarre. Feels like there’s textbooks worth of worldbuilding that just never made it into it, or maybe it was just intended to feel like that.
Either way, the whole weird thing about sexual content definitely struck me as odd considering that the game seems practically built as a bizarre fetish fulfillment thing.

And yet it got dropped in development which is sad

Becuase I can this going very in the future

This is funny. I’ve had their Twitter and Tumblr on Favorites, then somewhere after 10th April they just vanished out of nowhere. Do you know what actually happened to them now?

By the way, I’ve got all official builds of BOUNDLESS along with a lot of images saved on my computer. Most enemies used to have a picture, but somewhere near the Genesis update they got removed for whatever reason. There have been also a good bit of dropped features like a “stamina” system where it would display how tired you were along with the health. If anyone wants those older builds, just ask me.

3 Likes

It had actually been a while since I checked it out. Can’t find them anymore. No idea what happened, sorry. @ACube, I’d love to check out some of the older builds

I got a build here if anyone is interested

Really? I’m interested

Alright, so here’s the whole file with all versions. I’ve separated them into two folders depending on wheter they had enemy images or not.

The newer versions have removed quite a bit of content (apart from the images), funnily enough. You can see some of the older versions have an “Energy” feature, which seems to affect fighting, though I’m not sure. I remember one version also let you fatten up and basically turn into a planet at the Billeporte, and another one which let you customize a lot more features than you do in the latest version. There might be more content that got removed, though I don’t remember them yet.

12 Likes